• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dad

Found some ruins in a lake in Noctilum, so I swam out to investigate.
Then the ruins stood up and fought me.

I'm confused about the quests and affinity quests that are in the world. There are icons on my map telling me there is a quest in a certain region. But when I search I can't find them.

There supposedly is a quest right next to the eastern gate of new LA, but I can't find it.

Are they timed? Or do I have to do something to make them appear?

Kinsei

Banned
I'm confused about the quests and affinity quests that are in the world. There are icons on my map telling me there is a quest in a certain region. But when I search I can't find them.

There supposedly is a quest right next to the eastern gate of new LA, but I can't find it.

Are they timed? Or do I have to do something to make them appear?

That just means to fill in that hexagon you need to do a certain quest, it doesn't mean the quest giver is there.

aravuus

I really kinda want the Exp Boost X item from the item crafting section of the AM computer, so I decided to check out how many reward tickets I need.

Just a bit over 28000! You get like, what 10-ish for each squad task and 15-ish for each squad mission? This'll be over and done with in a jiffy!

Started the game a few hours ago and, after some messing around in combat and item scavenging, I made it to NLA.

The world is already huge as it is, congrats to Nintendo for developing it.

And I have plenty of other games to try out too. :(

I have mixed feelings towards the music; some of it would be better suited without lyrics.

Illucio

Banned
I'm so lost in this game.

I'm trying to raise my report rate to 15% to start the next chapter but I'm finding it extremely dull, boring, slow, and overall I'm confused as to what is going on.

This game is so overly complicated and has way to many faults and terrible pacing issues. I just can't anymore.

Kinsei

Banned
I'm so lost in this game.

I'm trying to raise my report rate to 15% to start the next chapter but I'm finding it extremely dull, boring, slow, and overall I'm confused as to what is going on.

This game is so overly complicated and has way to many faults and terrible pacing issues. I just can't anymore.

What are you doing to expand it? Just FYI the quests you get from the terminal outside the barracks don't go towards that.

VillageBC

Just started chapter 4 and seems I'm not a high enough level to get to the target area. Am I just supposed to sneak past them? Running around at lvl 15 and into lvl 30+ is rough sometimes. =)

Kinsei

Banned
Just started chapter 4 and seems I'm not a high enough level to get to the target area. Am I just supposed to sneak past them? Running around at lvl 15 and into lvl 30+ is rough sometimes. =)

Yep. Sneaking past high level enemies to get to your goal is a big part of the game.

Sölf

Started "The Repair Job" or what that affinity quest is called yesterday. That's total bullshit. I need stuff I only get occasionally from mining probes, I had to farm drops from robots where I found exactly 3 existed (I had to wait for their respawn 4 times until I got those 2 dops) and now I have to go to Oblivia and farm whatever there. Ugh. >_>

Illucio

Banned
What are you doing to expand it? Just FYI the quests you get from the terminal outside the barracks don't go towards that.

I'm a pathfinder so I've been trying to get as many probes up as my mechanics level will allow me, finding artifacts, exploring areas. About it. I'm trying to find local quests but I haven't found many, only like 3.

I don't know where half the other game recruits can be found (the one girl and guy from the beginning of the game when you come into NLA I know Lynn and whatsherface is in the barracks)

I have no clue what any other marked part of the map other then the probes are. (Some say completed when I scavenged some artifacts so am I supposed to be doing the other fraction jobs as well?)

I'm not having fun whatsoever I'm so put off from this game.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I just love the world of Xenoblade X

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01noqs4.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_0122rxf.jpg

Kinsei

Banned
Sölf;188114490 said:
Started "The Repair Job" or what that affinity quest is called yesterday. That's total bullshit. I need stuff I only get occasionally from mining probes, I had to farm drops from robots where I found exactly 3 existed (I had to wait for their respawn 4 times until I got those 2 dops) and now I have to go to Oblivia and farm whatever there. Ugh. >_>

The Oblivia stuff is by the entrance thankfully. Just a tip for the future, if you need enemies or collectibles to respawn fast travel to the nearest point and they'll respawn. This even works if you fast travel to a location that's two steps away.

I'm a pathfinder so I've been trying to get as many probes up as my mechanics level will allow me, finding artifacts, exploring areas. About it. I'm trying to find local quests but I haven't found many, only like 3.

I don't know where half the other game recruits can be found (the one girl and guy from the beginning of the game when you come into NLA I know Lynn and whatsherface is in the barracks)

I have no clue what any other marked part of the map other then the probes are. (Some say completed when I scavenged some artifacts so am I supposed to be doing the other fraction jobs as well?)

I'm not having fun whatsoever I'm so put off from this game.

The symbols on your map show you what you need to do to survey that area. The probes mean you need to install a probe, the wolf heads mean you need to kill a tyrant there, the paper means it will become surveyed as part of a quest, and the diamonds mean you need to scavenge a certain treasure.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
You'd have thought that Primordia being the starting area things would be nice and easy.

No, everything will fuck you up.

Found some dude looking for his friend, who I found no problem. But wait, he's lost his communicator. No problem pal, I'll just pop up this hill and get it - Oh hello pack of level 34 Drex what are you up to? Oh you're here to kill me? Okay.

Dead. :p

That should be the tag line for the game: Xenoblade Chronicles X: Everything will fuck you up.

I know that feel !!! Happened to me exactly like that hahahaha.

Started streaming and playing this game on Twitch. So far so good and I'm just working on the first quest for Episode 3 :D Tons of fun so far ! Maybe I'll ask GAFers to come to my stream next time to help me with the game, maybe. I find it kind of overwhelming with the amount of stats/menu the game has...

aravuus

Looks like I've accidentally done something right with my build - I can override almost constantly. Even with just spamming my skills, my TP sits at around 2500 whenever I come out of override which means that two auto attacks and I can go into another override lol

Sölf

The oblivia stuff is by the entrance thankfully. Just a tip for the future, if you need enemies or collectibles to respawn fast travel to the nearest point and they'll respawn. This even works if you fast travel to a location that's two steps away.

Not sure if that would have really helped with those robots though, as I have to run quite a bit to get there. But thanks anyways, will do that in the future if necessary.

Illucio

Banned
The Oblivia stuff is by the entrance thankfully. Just a tip for the future, if you need enemies or collectibles to respawn fast travel to the nearest point and they'll respawn. This even works if you fast travel to a location that's two steps away.

The symbols on your map show you what you need to do to survey that area. The probes mean you need to install a probe, the wolf heads mean you need to kill a tyrant there, the paper means it will become surveyed as part of a quest, and the diamonds mean you need to scavenge a certain treasure.

Ah.

Thank you for explaining that.

I'm still having a crummy gaming experience nonetheless. Does the game pick up in later chapters? I'm sick of this terrible pacing and tracking through the world even with fast travel. Xenoblade Chronicles was so straight forward. I feel like I was just thrown into a empty server of WoW, this game really should had just been a MMO. :/

Kinsei

Banned
Is there any way to get Alexa prior to unlocking your Skell? Her quest requires me to head to Sylvalum

Swim there. It turns out the invisible wall I encountered is because I was on a story quest.

Ah.

Thank you for explaining that.

I'm still having a crummy gaming experience nonetheless. Does the game pick up in later chapters? I'm sick of this terrible pacing and tracking through the world even with fast travel. Xenoblade Chronicles was so straight forward. I feel like I was just thrown into a empty server of WoW, this game really should had just been a MMO. :/

Not sure if it picks up. I'm enjoying all of the other content so I only just finished chapter 4. That being said the requirements to start chapter 5 are much less time consuming to achieve than the requirements of chapter 4.

Chaos17

Stupid question : what are the best ways to heal myself and my teammates ? I'm 7h in and it seems the only thing I can do is finish the battle before getting killed. Thanks.

Mainly through soul voices and enforcer tree skill has healing spells.
So take any Psycorruptor.(ex : Irina) if you're missing healing soul voice, she will do decent healing (she has only 1 skill or 2 of healing and ther cooldown can be a bot long so don't rely 100% on her).

WVW69iopOesF2Mc8KC

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYIHAAAEAABEVRTtfCGJAA

TheMoon

Is there any way to just add characters to my party from a menu, or do I really have to go find them individually in town?

Exercise those legs!

I regret my character's look, but I'm not going through that prologue again, ugh.

You can change everything after chapter 5.

Xbx or original Chronicles?

Which is better? Which should I play?

Both. There is no other answer. :)

Is it just me or does this game not pipe audio through the Wii U's 3.5 mm jack?

Covered in the FAQ. There's a workaround but generally, no it does not.

How exactly do I access the map on my TV and use fast travel? Thanks!

You don't. That's what the GamePad's for.

Hmmmm. So I'm a huge huge fan of the Xenosaga games. Having a hell of a time trying to enjoy Fallout 4, then gave that new Sword Art Online a go and not really feeling it. However the main reason I wanted SOA was to do most of the multiplayer and as a end result, I'd get teamed up with people who were like lvl 500+. So with this game when it comes to multiplayer, does it match you up to same level players or just whoever signs up for the quest? (Or better, how does multiplayer work in this game). Either way I enjoy the visuals of this game so much. Think I'd be good to go with this type of game?

I suggest reading the multiplayer section in the OP as well as the reddit thread linked there which explains everything in detail.

Is there a separate thread for "show your character/skells creations"?

Yes, it's linked in the OP at the bottom.

Illucio

Banned
Swim there. It turns out the invisible wall I encountered is because I was on a story quest.

Not sure if it picks up. I'm enjoying all of the other content so I only just finished chapter 4. That being said the requirements to start chapter 5 are much less time consuming to achieve than the requirements of chapter 4.

That's relieving to hear.

I'm starting to get sick of trying to find quests to do in the city, there's absolutely nothing.
I thought the whole point of the fractions was to avoid having to be forced to do the other tasks. ._.

Kinsei

Banned
Sölf;188115342 said:
...was that actually in said cave I mentioned? In Noctilum? xD

That happened to me there. I opened a treasure at a dead end and then when I turned around the pack was staring at me. I had a sudden realization that I had stumbled into the wrong neighborhood.

That happened to me there. I opened a treasure at a dead end and then when I turned around the pack was staring at me. I had a sudden realization that I had stumbled into the wrong neighborhood.

I was in that exact same situation except there was only one enemy and the others showed up after I had initiated.

Sölf

Haha, yeah. I just saw that and jumped down. And then saw like... 5 enemies + a Tyrant. I thankfully beat them, but yeah. Not so pleasant.

What was worse was that stupid level 39 crocodile thing. When you turn back after the "Let's take a detour" cutscene and run the water, that thing jumped me and just oneshotted me right there.

duck_sauce

Really cant decide on a class. Sniper seems fine but it fires sooooo slow.
This game has too many choices. ;)

Is it just me or do you level your classes pretty fast? Almost too fast for my taste.

Kinhow

My NNID is kinhow, let's play people!

Also, are you guys experiencing some problems wirh the comnection? Tried to play yesterday and I was getting a message "Disconnectes frm server" every 20 minutes or so.
Is there a way to reconect to the server without having to exit the game? :(

How did she make you waste a point?
She wouldn't let me upgrade to 5 and you can't back out of the menu. So I had to put the point somewhere else, even though I've seen rank 5 stuff around. Blade Rank takes too long for me to want to wait longer for rank 5 than I have to.

How is the English voice acting in this? Just noticed it doesn't have dual audio like Xenoblade did, which is a major bummer for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom