• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMoon

My NNID is Quinhow, let's play people!

Also, are you guys experiencing some problems wirh the comnection? Tried to play yesterday and I was getting a message "Disconnectes frm server" every 20 minutes or so.
Is there a way to reconect to the server without having to exit the game? :(

No. (returning to the title screen is enough)

Golnei

How is the English voice acting in this? Just noticed it doesn't have dual audio like Xenoblade did, which is a major bummer for me.

It's serviceable - a competent, standard dub; there's only really one character I find particularly grating, and my issue is with his performance, not the script. Depending on what you disliked about what the first game tried to do with its dub, you might find X a lot more tolerable.

Chaos17

How is the English voice acting in this? Just noticed it doesn't have dual audio like Xenoblade did, which is a major bummer for me.

Better than anime and Atlus dub.
Go for it, as someone who usually dislike english dub in j-rpgs
(because they do it badly or doesn't suit them)
, I'm fine or even pleased depending of the character.

Diffense

The small text size is a reasonable complaint in some setups esp. since this is a text-heavy game. It seems almost as if it's an oversight because in many cases they had the space to make it bigger. In some screens the data panels take up a fraction of the screen and the rest is empty background. They could have lost track of how small the text would be in a living room if the dev/test/review teams were (likely) using desk monitors. Most of it is tolerable for me but people with worse vision or who sit farther from a smaller TV may struggle.

I'm loving the game though. It's really engaging for gamers like me who like to get lost in a huge interesting world. I've been in no rush at all to advance the story.

eRonin

You'd have thought that Primordia being the starting area things would be nice and easy.

No, everything will fuck you up.

Found some dude looking for his friend, who I found no problem. But wait, he's lost his communicator. No problem pal, I'll just pop up this hill and get it - Oh hello pack of level 34 Drex what are you up to? Oh you're here to kill me? Okay.

Dead. :p

That should be the tag line for the game: Xenoblade Chronicles X: Everything will fuck you up.

Ooh that quest almost stopped me in my tracks. But I found out a cool and actually logical way to get the communicator.

The level 34 Drexes are asleep at night

Chaos17

Really cant decide on a class. Sniper seems fine but it fires sooooo slow.
This game has too many choices. ;)

Is it just me or do you level your classes pretty fast? Almost too fast for my taste.
Well the goal is to max the classes you like and mix them up after :)

The small text size is a reasonable complaint in some setups esp. since this is a text-heavy game. .
Yeah, the text size is actually my main complain about the game XD

Qurupeke

I did the Murderess mission but I'm not sure if I did it the correct way.

You had two options, fight and cede. I tried to fight 2-3 times, but I always got destroyed in less than a minute. The opponents weren't over my level though. In the end, I got my reward, but still, I choose cede and no fight happened...

aravuus

Better than anime and Atlus dub.
Go for it, as someone who usually dislike english dub in j-rpgs
(because they do it badly or doesn't suit them)
, I'm fine or even pleased depending of the character.

Are Persona 3 and 4 dubs among those? Cause they're easily one of the better voice acted games you could find in JRPGs, whether or not you like them.

So far I'd say XBX has solid acting. Standard fare, nobody really stands out but there aren't many terribly voiced characters either. Pretty happy with it.

Chaos17

Are Persona 3 and 4 dubs among those? Cause they're easily one of the better voice acted games you could find in JRPGs, whether or not you like them.

So far I'd say XBX has solid acting. Standard fare, nobody really stands out but there aren't many terribly voiced characters either. Pretty happy with it.

I was generaly speaking from my experience and everyone has different taste.
In general their dubbing for me are not superior to original voice acting, the heart isn't there of the voice actor, you can clearly hear some of them slacking and talking in a tone that doesn't fit the cutscene.

Also choosing the wrong voice actor for a character is a flaw, I dislike usually VA who dub young character like Lin because you can clearly hear a 40+ years old person talking instead of a youngster wich I dislike with all my heart. That's an easy way to destroy a character and that's not only for youngster, even for adult character.

While other western games, like in Witcher or Dragon age do choose more wisely and have a superior voice acting. J-rpgs don't have that quality, yet.
That's a fact.

Edit : my statement above is not specific to Atlus dubbing but in genral for j-rpgs. Altus is more recent in my memory because I played recently their games.

I feel very silly here... I just got my Skell and registered it and everything but when I got out of the barracks it was no longer with me.. I feel like I've looked everywhere but I have no idea where it is or how to make it spawn. Anyone help me out? :(

Man, i love Noctilum. Nice music and really colourfull. But then there is this stupid tyrant, Oskar, the Summer Squall, that keeps killing me. I'm lvl 14 and he is 11, but he has an AoE laser attack that is just ridiculously strong. Everything goes well until he starts spamming that :/ Any tips?
I seem to recall seeing early on after beating the tutorial tyrant the game explained size of enemies makes a difference too and Oskar is fairly big.

I'm confused about the quests and affinity quests that are in the world. There are icons on my map telling me there is a quest in a certain region. But when I search I can't find them.

There supposedly is a quest right next to the eastern gate of new LA, but I can't find it.

Are they timed? Or do I have to do something to make them appear?
To guess here did you find the elevator up some stairs by the gate itself (on the outside)? That isn't so obvious.

Sometimes you read the manual, look online and still can't understand a thing about this game but then you just go exploring Mira and you feel like you're having the time of your life.

Cob32

How do I board the
Ma-non ship
?

Edit: found it.
theres a big unmissable transporter near the blade tower entrance

royox

I'm stuck in the helicopter crash mission...can't find the 2nd item the guy wants (some kind of engine)

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I wish someone told me I had to spend my Miranium :( Also storage probes increases maximum Miranium capacity. Learning this after 20 hours feels terrible.

Jolkien

I wish someone told me I had to spend my Miranium :( Also storage probes increases maximum Miranium capacity. Learning this after 20 hours feels terrible.

Ouch lol. So far the only use I found for Miranium is for quest and to level up the shop, not sure what it does since the equipment shop in the terminal besides it.

I have to say climbing on foot is really rewarding I love it

I feel like I lost the story progression after chapter 4

it keeps saying go back to BLADE for story but I go back and find nothing

I feel very silly here... I just got my Skell and registered it and everything but when I got out of the barracks it was no longer with me.. I feel like I've looked everywhere but I have no idea where it is or how to make it spawn. Anyone help me out? :(

Bumping this, anyone know? :(

eRonin

I have to say climbing on foot is really rewarding I love it

I feel like I lost the story progression after chapter 4

it keeps saying go back to BLADE for story but I go back and find nothing

The barracks conference room has a story quest but there are specific requirements you have to meet before you can progress. So just check that out and if you haven't met them, do sidequests until you do.

Ostinatto

I need to free up drive space in order to install the packs, If i delete some of the games i have purchased on the Eshop, can i download the games later?

Dang0

Couple quick questions, how do you see what the built in skills on your weapons do? I've tried to find a button to look at the skills in the equip menu, but haven't found it. Also, how do you find out the names of the monsters your assigned in squad missions?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Just reached 20% survey rate in Noctilum. This area is huuuuge. Thank god for unlimited sprint, OP jump and no fall damage.

CVipe6MUkAAgmwa.jpg:large

Ouch lol. So far the only use I found for Miranium is for quest and to level up the shop, not sure what it does since the equipment shop in the terminal besides it.
I assume it's required for Skell as well? Haven't got one so far though.

Kouriozan

How do I board the
Ma-non ship
?

Edit: found it.
theres a big unmissable transporter near the blade tower entrance
Spent like 40 mins trying to be on it for the Skell license, I even went onto NLA circular wall, when I found the teleporter I felt dumb.

TheMoon

Yup. Nintendo's account system is bad but not THAT bad :p

It's mind boggling that this is the second time I see this question asked lol. NOTHING works like that^^ ... even on the crappy Wii Shop Channel you could redownload everything you bought.

How?, can i go to the eshop and download the games again? or i have to input the codes again? ( ive lost them allT.T)

You just go to the eShop and go to the game page.

You have a purchase history associated with your NNID. EVERYTHING you bought is registered there.

Dr Dogg

Urgh getting those 2 Engery Tubes to drops from killing Puges took way longer than any sane person would have liked for The Repair Job affinity quest. Any 'gain X number of resource Y randomly from killing enemy Z' quests are the most tedious things ever.

Ostinatto

It's mind boggling that this is the second time I see this question asked lol. NOTHING works like that^^ ... even on the crappy Wii Shop Channel you could redownload everything you bought.

You just go to the eShop and go to the game page.

You have a purchase history associated with your NNID. EVERYTHING you bought is registered there.

Good, thanks :D

Is there any way to see who posts a message in a squad? All those messages show no name so you never know who is talking.
Their name only comes up it becomes popular enough to be a miiverse post by being recommended (L+A) by lots of players.

You might be able to trick it by adding the user to your block list then home button* friend list and blocked users :( where you can then unblock the user.

Still the BLADE reports are not actually real time.

*-Btw, when you press home does that disconnect you (like happens to Pokemon on 3DS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom