• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klyka

Banned
I'm a pathfinder so I've been trying to get as many probes up as my mechanics level will allow me, finding artifacts, exploring areas. About it. I'm trying to find local quests but I haven't found many, only like 3.

I don't know where half the other game recruits can be found (the one girl and guy from the beginning of the game when you come into NLA I know Lynn and whatsherface is in the barracks)

I have no clue what any other marked part of the map other then the probes are. (Some say completed when I scavenged some artifacts so am I supposed to be doing the other fraction jobs as well?)

I'm not having fun whatsoever I'm so put off from this game.

Game is not for you, trade it in while still value on it.

Guys... I'm really, really happy with this game. This is just too good to be true.

I'm on chapter... Four, I guess -- I just
saved Irina from the simius
. I'm so hooked to the mechanics and the exploration that I've barely touched the main story. Awesome game.

Chaos17

I'm a pathfinder so I've been trying to get as many probes up as my mechanics level will allow me, finding artifacts, exploring areas. About it. I'm trying to find local quests but I haven't found many, only like 3.

I don't know where half the other game recruits can be found (the one girl and guy from the beginning of the game when you come into NLA I know Lynn and whatsherface is in the barracks)

I have no clue what any other marked part of the map other then the probes are. (Some say completed when I scavenged some artifacts so am I supposed to be doing the other fraction jobs as well?)

I'm not having fun whatsoever I'm so put off from this game.

1. Local quests ? What're these ?
Can you explain, what you're looking for ?

2. The wiki is your friend : http://xenoblade.wikia.com/wiki/Irina

3. Have you checked the manual ?
Lot of basic things are explained in there or even the wiki for other stuff.

Well, that's normal that you're not enjoying the game at the moment since you're trying to figure out the basics of the game.
Keep up the questions, we're here to help you and give you hint where to look at. That's what communities are for.

Jolkien

I'm doing my first affinity mission, I hope they are not all a chores like this. I'm doing The Repair Job, finally found where to get energy tube and now I gotta wait for my probes to dig white cometites... any way to speed this up ?

On mining node that can give them in Primordia I used mining node lvl 2. Oh and does anybody know if you camp an ennemy spot do you need to leave to have them respawn or they'll respawn on top of you ?

Chaos17

How can I check the map with pro controller?
You can't, the game was built around the gamepad not the pro controller so expect flaws with it.

How early on can you start doing MP focused tasks?

My roomates was able to do them (solo MP quest) at level 17-18. You just have to check the board in your barrack.

I'm doing my first affinity mission, I hope they are not all a chores like this. I'm doing The Repair Job, finally found where to get energy tube and now I gotta wait for my probes to dig white cometites... any way to speed this up ?

On mining node that can give them in Primordia I used mining node lvl 2. Oh and does anybody know if you camp an ennemy spot do you need to leave to have them respawn or they'll respawn on top of you ?

1. Personally, I didn't have problem with that quest because I found the items during my exploration and I've planted enough probes too.
2. You will get ressources from probes every 30 mins go do something else meanwhile
3. No, you've to "refresh" the map with fast travel
4. You can plant normal probes, they will give you money and miranium. The special probes just give more of 1 ressources while giving less of the other. So plant has much as you can to make your life more easier, imo

WVW69ior9bE-3fkKKN

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYIHAAAEAACHVRTtouCGJw

mitchlol

So are there are ton of fetch/kill quests? One of my main complaints with Dragon Age Inquisition was that the side content was garbage... I'm curious how much of this game has been padded with boring stuff.

Qurupeke

So, I was going for Samurai at first, but then I switch to Commando in order to go for sniper riffle next. The thing is, I've spend quite a lot of points to Samurai, so I'm not sure if I'll manage to max everything in the new class later... Will there be a problem with that?

Chaos17

So are there are ton of fetch/kill quests? One of my main complaints with Dragon Age Inquisition was that the side content was garbage... I'm curious how much of this game has been padded with boring stuff.

You've 3-4 type of quests in this game :
- affinity quest (develop lore, character and story back ground)
- fetch quest (just there to make some money and get some items)
- Multiplayer quests

All of them has a mix of talk to X npcs, kill X, search X item (usual stuff)
The feeling is diferent than DA : I because most of the things you loot will be usefull either for character customisation or quests.

I'm really feeling like an rpg explorer in this game and also as a hunter, lol

The gathering quests are total bullshit
So much time wasted for nothing
Do those fetchs quests (Blade mission) only if you need to explore a new zone or grind, don't do them otherwise unless they might reward you probes or an item you specificly want.
Beside npcs quests are more interesting to do.

Example : today, I'm going back to Noctilus because I want to level up some characters so I'm taking some fetch quests for there so I've a purpose while leveling up.

MouldyK

Got trapped in some machinery and couldn't jump out...first time I have had to use Fast Travel...but hey, atleast I got an achievement for it.

Also, after putting so much into Arts for Dual Guns and Dual Blades...going the Sniper/Javalin Route, so all them Battle Points are wasted for now.

LProtag

I'm guessing it's worth it to switch classes once you hit 10 in a class at the end of a tree, since you can use that classes weapons with any class, and you gain new skills, right?

I can't imagine the stat boost the class gives you is that much of a huge deal.

TheMoon

I'm guessing it's worth it to switch classes once you hit 10 in a class at the end of a tree, since you can use that classes weapons with any class, and you gain new skills, right?

They want you to switch around like a madman.

aravuus

Man, the map/minimap desperately needs to show the objectives height. I'm doing the quest The Celeste Three, where the hell is
Molten Hollow
?

Most quests are more or less fetch and/or kill quests. Some don't have story at all, some have unvoiced NPCs with their own little stories and some are voiced affinity quests with other BLADE members, but really 90% of the quests so far have been of the "go here and fetch/kill me some of that/this".

duck_sauce

Is there any way to store items and equipment? I want to collect the casual outfits but my inventory get very cluttered that way. Is there any way to store them, so i dont sell them by accident?

silva1991

By looking at the GamePad. :)

He meant Off-TV and seems to be confused about what you were asking, I think. You have to look at the GamePad. There's no other way.

lol. oh well I guess I'm gonna have to keep charging the game pad and looking at it when ever necessary.

Qurupeke

Yeah, that's my guess too. It's really easy to take a class to level 10.

TheMoon

Man, the map/minimap desperately needs to show the objectives height. I'm doing the quest The Celeste Three, where the hell is
Molten Hollow
?

If the marker is the yellow circle, pay attention to its translucency. If it's not a solid color then the goal is below or above you, I think.

lol. oh well I guess I'm gonna have to keep charging the game pad and looking at it when ever necessary.

Do you have a charging cradle? Just put it in there.

aravuus

Do they even give any stat boosts? I know the descriptions talk of offense, defense etc, but I figured they just mean the skills.

Best way to grind affinity? Need one heart with Lao to start an affinity quest

LProtag

Do they even give any stat boosts? I know the descriptions talk of offense, defense etc, but I figured they just mean the skills.

Best way to grind affinity? Need one heart with Lao to start an affinity quest

Just having him in my party and responding to soul voices I think increased the affinity between us.

Volcynika

UPS somehow lost my package the day before delivery (no updates while in transit after Thursday evening), and now Best Buy can't ship another because it was the special edition. Feels bad man.

(._. )

I think I spent two hours yesterday trying to get my Primordia survey coverage up from 12% to 15% so I could start chapter 4, In actuality I achieved jackshit in this time, the struggle continues.

aravuus

Is there a way to restrict party members from using their TP skills so often? They all use them as soon as they hit 1000 TP, no questions asked, like every time. I want them to revive me occasionally, and use overdrive too.

Just having him in my party and responding to soul voices I think increased the affinity between us.

I know some battle actions raise it, I was just wondering if there's a good way.

aravuus

I love the fact that I can actually hit higher level enemies in this game. Kill a medium-large enemy that's 5-10 levels higher than you and they give you like 500-1500 exp per kill, which means ten kills is enough for one level at level 30. They're usually even fairly easy all things considered.

okita

Damn Tatsu is so fucken annoying, he's the only character I hate

For me the problem with Tatsu is his voice , they killed the character IMO. If i could put him on mute i would like him a lot more lol. Now i want the japanese audio /voices for the game (._. )

Sadist

Btw, I'm busy with a quest right now (A new rival?) so I have to travel to Noctilum. But I have no idea how to reach it. I've cleared over 20% of Primordia, is there some kind of transport or...?

tizaffy

Neo Member
how do you get more probes?? im just loving sneaking around the world installing data probes everywhere! snuck past some level 50 monsters on a mountain top to get to a prob site but out of probes :(

Btw, I'm busy with a quest right now (A new rival?) so I have to travel to Noctilum. But I have no idea how to reach it. I've cleared over 20% of Primordia, is there some kind of transport or...?

Just look at the map on the gamepad and travel by foot from the one from Primordia to Noctilum.
Edit: Or just use the Follow Ball?

I got one quest I have to go to
Cauldros( haven't gone here)
...I have to walk past all of
Sylvalum( haven't gone here either)
to get there dammit!!

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
How can I check the map with pro controller?

Sadly, I gave up on the Pro Controller myself and exclusively use the gamepad now because of the map. It's pointlessly forced as there is no reason a map couldn't have been included in the menu with all features accessible by a pro controller, but alas. I despise the gamepad but love the game enough so far to shackle myself to it.

Also hate that if connection gets lost to the online servers, you gave to reset to the title screen to get back online. No option in game to reconnect?

CPCunha

I feel kinda lost in the game now that i have access to all those mission kiosks... there's SO MUCH to do, i don't even...

NeckToChicken

Unconfirmed Member
Look like 6000 player fell for the trap of Go-rha the guardian deity. I bet there is a lot of gaffer among them

"Oh hey I could go get the probe site or check out that wreckage"
"Neat, there's a bunch of field items scattered around the OH MY GOD"

In the future, I will always go to the probe first.

ssjali

Few hours in, already digging the voice cast as Fan from the "Tales of" Games. Heared voices from Edna, Rose, Lailah (Zestiria), Sophie (Graces) and Jiao (Xillia). The Avatars can have voices from Asbel, Luke or Sorey (unfortunately they aren't used properly though).

Not_Mario

Neo Member
I just finished chapter 4 and kind of surprised how much I don't mind not doing story stuff. I'm 13 hours in and have mostly just been picking up generic quests from the board and aimlessly wandering. I guess this confirms for me that the exploration was the thing I most enjoyed in the first Xenoblade.

I have a question about squad messages though. Whenever I enable them I get not only squad messages but little Tatsu messages in the corner so I turned it back off. Is there a way to get rid of these Tatsu tips?

EDIT: Also is there a reason I randomly get disconnected from online? It usually happens in the middle of cutscenes or dialogue so is there like an idle feature?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom