• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venfayth

Couple questions: What is the point of casual wear? Is it better than actual armor? Is it just to wear when you're bouncing around in the city? Would be cool if it automatically equipped when not in combat or something.

Also, is there anything I should be doing with old equipment besides selling it?

MouldyK

I just finished chapter 4 and kind of surprised how much I don't mind not doing story stuff. I'm 13 hours in and have mostly just been picking up generic quests from the board and aimlessly wandering. I guess this confirms for me that the exploration was the thing I most enjoyed in the first Xenoblade.

About the same point as you. Spent 2-3 hours getting to the Chapter 4 part in Noctilux and felt bad afterwards because it weren't even that far in and didn't do much besides run away from mobs...

...but I loved it!

Look like 6000 player fell for the trap of Go-rha the guardian deity. I bet there is a lot of gaffer among them

I saw that, activated it and NOPE'd my way down the river straight away.

Not_Mario

Neo Member
Couple questions: What is the point of casual wear? Is it better than actual armor? Is it just to wear when you're bouncing around in the city? Would be cool if it automatically equipped when not in combat or something.

Also, is there anything I should be doing with old equipment besides selling it?

You can equip the casual wear in fashion gear so it doesn't change your stats. Press X when you're selecting equipment and there should be a fashion gear option.

So is there any way to enlarge the minimap? The map on the pad isn't exactly all that useful when you want to figure out how to get somewhere. Is there not a map like in Xenoblade?

Beats

So, is there any way to know where certain materials are without the quest marking it on your map? I need a blue electrical tentacle for an affinity quest, but the only thing the quest is telling me is that it's "from placid duogills in Primordia". :\

Is there a way to restrict party members from using their TP skills so often? They all use them as soon as they hit 1000 TP, no questions asked, like every time. I want them to revive me occasionally, and use overdrive too.
I'd guess remove tension arts from palette? Drastic and I'm only assuming you can remove arts from other party members. I remember having to do that in the original Xenoblade as AI Shulk would drain all its health using a certain art.

Use as Fashion Gear.
The manual said:
Fashion Gear
If you like a piece of armor's stats but don't like its appearance, you can set another piece of gear as your fashion gear. This will retain the stats of the primary gear but the appearance of the fashion gear.

Krabboss

I'm finding myself skipping a lot of cutscenes at this point. They're not particularly efficient or clever with their expoisition.

They need to patch in an option to change the UI size, too. The text is far too tiny.

jgwhiteus

A couple of hours in, really enjoying it - the music can be hit or miss for me (I'm getting used to the NLA music), but the environments are gorgeous, and the combat is fun.

I completely understand the review criticisms about the mechanics not being very well-explained, however. I just came off a playthrough of Xenoblade and read X's manual, so I figured I'd be pretty comfortable with figuring things out, but even then a ton of stuff went over my head - how to make progress on the map and complete segments, augmenting equipment, even how to add characters to your party.

Part of it is that the UI seems more complex and less "intuitive" this time around, with sub-menus, etc. - even now I'm not quite sure how to add augments to my gear, whereas with Xenoblade there were big gem slots you clicked to fill. And the Arts menu in X is a bit frustrating - I'm always clicking on the palette menu when I mean to click on an art to level them up.

But yeah, the game might have benefited from some short introductory in-game text tutorials for some basic mechanics (e.g. on Stagger / Topple, like they did at the beginning of Xenoblade) - and cut down on the long-winded spoken tutorials on other mechanics (like squads). I appreciate the complexity of everything and how deep the mechanics are, but I can totally see it being frustrating and overwhelming for players who don't want to Google the answer to common questions like "how do I level up my field skill?" every time.

But still, having a great time with it.

Kouriozan

Now it's my bro's turn who got his Skell license in 20 hours, and he certainly didn't rush.
So no, it don't obligatory takes 30 hours like some said.

kkg1701

Ooh that quest almost stopped me in my tracks. But I found out a cool and actually logical way to get the communicator.

The level 34 Drexes are asleep at night

Or use Shadowrunner, that is one OP art for when you're lower leveled than the mobs around you

Fuck this affinity mission. This thing does tons of damage and does Poison(?) which kills you before you even notice you got hit.

WVW69iouWS0a2__ABL

h0tp0ck3t

Is there a way to restrict party members from using their TP skills so often? They all use them as soon as they hit 1000 TP, no questions asked, like every time. I want them to revive me occasionally, and use overdrive too
Hit start or plus when the battle starts and choose keep tension high from the list of AI commands.

MouldyK

These "Press L+A for free bacon" and crap messages need to stop!

Also, anyway to get rid of the other things which pop-up at the bottom left?

Fandangox

So far my favorite thing is just going around Primordia and thinking I have to go around the long route to get somewhere, when I managed to reach it with well placed jumps.

Ulysses 31

So much fun discovering more efficient Arts/Skill setups!

Also, why doesn't the game tell you that you need the weapon equiped to charge the secondary CD. >.>

Kinsei

Banned
If you have the miranium and are around level 20 I highly recommend you upgrade the Meredith & Co AM. You get unlock some pretty sweet armor in the shop once you do.

Kandinsky

Did I miss something or there is really no way to turn the music down?, I can barely hear people speak in cs, it's very annoying :/

Anyone know where to find the probe site on top of Seyram Lake? Been looking for it for awhile.

So hard to find stuff around the map because it can literally be anywhere.

The completionist in me is crying.

I can't even find the quest in that first space outside the East Gate.

😞

TheJoRu

This is neither the first nor last time I will say it: Noctilum is gorgeous. Gorgeous. Gorgeous. Gorgeous.

Just finished Chapter 4.

Asscaves.

Dang0

Asking again since I got no response.

Couple quick questions, how do you see what the built in skills on your weapons do? I've tried to find a button to look at the skills in the equip menu, but haven't found it. Also, how do you find out the names of the monsters your assigned in squad missions

So in the character creator, some hairstyles and choices are limited to which base you choose initially? What if I want to use a particular facial structure but the hair option I want is associated with a different base? Am I out of luck?

I'd love to see more of what you guys have created.

Celine

My only complaint with the game so far is that font size is too small.
Is there any way to increase it?

Sawano's OST is for the most part very good.

TheMoon

My only complaint with the game so far is that font size is too small.
Is there any way to increase it?

Nope, that was already a problem with the JP version.

I guess they can't increase the size because their UI is already packed and bigger fonts would mess up EVERYTHING. (font spacing is a huge issue for localization already and doing multiple sizes for 6? languages would be a nightmare)

So a couple of Gaffer's added me and I added some Gaffer's. My question is where can I find the player and how do I get them as the fourth member of my team?

I want two NPC's and a Gaffer in my party but I can't find the ones i added just randoms.

Also I've been pumping into AM's where do I buy there weapons? The console over?

Exile20

So I was at the division selection screen for a while till I finanlly chose Curator. Seem like a good fit of action and exploration. Anyone else?

Qurupeke

I was searching for a honey thing from Copper Cinicula.. This was hard. It's 21-23 levels usually, but it was giving me a quite hard time.

Chaos17

So a couple of Gaffer's added me and I added some Gaffer's. My question is where can I find the player and how do I get them as the fourth member of my team?

I want two NPC's and a Gaffer in my party but I can't find the ones i added just randoms.

Also I've been pumping into AM's where do I buy there weapons? The console over?

I've found some gaffers in front of my barrack that I added as friend.

Just got to chapter 4. My feelings so far:

hWIp4.gif
Yeah, sometime in battle I really do feel like I'm playing a rtyhm game.
It's weird but nice too, lol
It make the combat more dynamic that way.

AnnTiPa

Even after 15 hours I don't get the equipment in this game. The basic attack/defense values seem unimportant as any augment will easily give higher values. Most my attack seems to come from armor augments so I can't really change it at all unless the new armor also has attack augments.

Would anyone happen to have some sort of an equipment explanation guide? It just makes no sense to me.

ssjali

Anyone here with the Prima Guide an no need for the eguide code for now? I am waiting for my guide, but it will arrive on the 14th. Would give my eguide code back to the person after I receive it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom