• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos17

how do you get more probes?? im just loving sneaking around the world installing data probes everywhere! snuck past some level 50 monsters on a mountain top to get to a prob site but out of probes :(

You can get more (special) probes with quests or find them in treasure chests.
Keep in mind that you can install normal probes without any item requirement.
It will still give money and miranium.

Does this games story or world have anything to do with Xenoblade Chronicles Wii or are they completely different?

Different

What do the symbols under the minimap represent?

They represent the divisions.
Try to check the in game manual for question regarding the UI because most of the basics are covered in it.

komorebi

Did I miss something or there is really no way to turn the music down?, I can barely hear people speak in cs, it's very annoying :/

Yeah, who the hell thought it was a good idea to put bad music with lyrics playing at full blast during important cutscenes (like when first getting introduced to the online aspect). I had to mute the TV to so I could pay attention to the subtitles...

Sawano's OST is for the most part very good.

I agree even though my initial reaction to the music earlier this year was negative. Its grown on me and I'm feeling it for the most part. But that tyrant/boss battle music is terrible. I thought Brack Tar was bad enough (and it is, getting reminded we're on a whole different planet every battle) but the tyrant theme is something else.

Man0warr

So, is there any way to know where certain materials are without the quest marking it on your map? I need a blue electrical tentacle for an affinity quest, but the only thing the quest is telling me is that it's "from placid duogills in Primordia". :\

Don't know the answer but the Placid Duogils are at Silent Mire at night time.

k1t4j

Finally bought it and started 2h ago, still learning the combat and trying to get my head around it. Was in that starting area killing beetles until I sort of understand how it all works and going through the menus and stuff.

Absolutely loving the sound track and the world seems like it will be an absolute joy to explore. Never played the previous one but if this one grabs me I might just buy it.

Cant wait to really sink my teeth in this for the next 3 days I have off.

Here is my character, bear with me, I am awful at character creation and usually lack any imagination :p

qTaRuFd.jpg

I am yet to find out how the online works but my Nintendo ID is: Kitaj84 hope to see you guys around :D

Somnid

The music is really different. It's not bad but it's divisive especially if you were expecting the typical background orchestra that nearly all RPGs have. I can't say I've ever played a game with this sort of music used in the way it is but as I play it the more I warm up to it.

gogogow

I hope the camera control get fixed. Whenever you are inside a building/room/tight spot etc. The camera moves so slow with the stick, it's really annoying.

So I got to the point where I can add and remove people from my party. Is it a good idea to bring 3 people with me at all times so that I can level up as many NPCs as possible and have the most combat strength in battle? Or if I travel with just the avatar will my avatar gain more XP solo than when fighting with a party?

Chaos17

One thing that make for me fetch quests bearable are the many fast travel location. They really help me a lot to not feel like they're a chose to do.

So I got to the point where I can add and remove people from my party. Is it a good idea to bring 3 people with me at all times so that I can level up as many NPCs as possible and have the most combat strength in battle? Or if I travel with just the avatar will my avatar gain more XP solo than when fighting with a party?

I will say option number 1 because that way you will kill fast the enemies and faster the combat is the faster low level char will level up.
You can also put a full party of low level characters but it will require you to be cautious and do monsters of their levels so they don't die too much.

Kinsei

Banned

People not in your active party do not gain XP or affection points. I'd say always bring along at least Alma and Lin.

red or blue? ;)

no not about the item need to find... it's about the result :p

Wait, does
choosing red actually crash the helicopter? I chose blue because you're always supposed to cut the red wire in media, not connect it to something.

People not in your active party do not gain XP or affection points. I'd say always bring along at least Alma and Lin.

Wait, does
choosing red actually crash the helicopter? I chose blue because you're always supposed to cut the red wire in media, not connect it to something.

yep... and the guy died, plus you get higher amount of gold as a reward

Sadist

Wooh, follow ball is indeed the way to go. Man, new continent is pretty jungle like.

After 11 hours of exploration it's time for some story stuff hehe.

BriGuy

How do you change skill classes? I've been a level 10 drifter for who knows how many hours now, and selecting a different class in the main menu never seems to stick. I hate how fucking complicated this game makes every stupid little thing.

Kinsei

Banned
What division do you guys/gals choose? I'm a bit overwhelmed at the moment.

I chose Pathfinders since I like to explore and only fight when necessary. Don't stress over your division and pick what you think will suit you best. You can change if you end up not liking it.

Do I have to go to Noctilum to get the blade basic mission?

No. Try saving and turning off your game to see if you can get the mission that way. She gave it to me as soon as I finished chapter 3.

How do you change skill classes? I've been a level 10 drifter for who knows how many hours now, and selecting a different class in the main menu never seems to stick. I hate how fucking complicated this game makes every stupid little thing.

You just hit A on the class you want to be in the class menu. Not sure why it isn't sticking for you.

TheMoon

Did you confirm with A? That confused me while making my character at the start.

I chose Pathfinders since I like to explore and only fight when necessary. Don't stress over your division and pick what you think will suit you best. You can change if you end up not liking it.

No. Try saving and turning off your game to see if you can get the mission that way. She gave it to me as soon as I finished chapter 3.

Do you get any specific skills or arts for each division?

Hellers

Is there any way to alter your characters appearance after the opening?

This is from gamefaqs. I did it earlier so I can confirm it's correct. Spoilered in case anyone insane would rather figure it out for themselves.

So first you need to finish yardleys quest in the industrial district, available after ch3 I think. California sunset can be found inside caves, such as the cave Kirstie sens you too as the second part of one of her first quest "Probe-fessional".

Then after ch5 is done, you can get the quest "house of cards" from the mission board, you can close and reopen it until it shows up. Then the steps are as follows

1) find the keycard int he lower hangar of the administrative district, it is in the south west of the circle behind some boxes

2) talk to yardley in the commercial district in the afternoon

3) talk to yardley late at night below the administrative disctrict, you can send the hangar elevetor up then jump off if, and down below it to get there.

You can find the first quest it mentions by using the map. They show up when you're looking at the correct district.

When can you level up field skills? I gained Blade level 2, but the woman at the mission console won't let me do anything. Do I have to beat mission 4 first?

When can you level up field skills? I gained Blade level 2, but the woman at the mission console won't let me do anything. Do I have to beat mission 4 first?

Maybe. She should have a mission for you that will require you to up your blade level and give you the first upgrade as a prize

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Asked this a couple pages back but unsure if someone responded:

Is there any way to edit your characters physical appearance past the opening creator?

Ulysses 31

I went in my barracks to register my skell and now it's nowhere to be found! 0o

Edit: make sure your char's name appears after the skell when you check the registration. >.>

pronk420

i thought the exploration % or whatever its called was linked to placing probes, but mine seems to have increased without doing that? or was I imagining it?

I need to get it up to 15% for the next story quest, but all the probes I could find that I haven't activated yet require skills that i don't have to activate them or something, or are gated behind crazy high level monsters.

gogogow

You know you can adjust camera speeds in the settings, right?

uuuuuuh....yeeeeeah.......the camera controls are the first thing I change in the settings of any game, whenever they have them.

I specifically said in "buildings/rooms/tight spots". It doesn't matter you set the camera controls to the highest sensitiviy. It will move very slow in such situations.

Rotate the camera when you are in the field or in NLA, then go inside the Blade barracks and rotate there. Come back and report.

desu

i thought the exploration % or whatever its called was linked to placing probes, but mine seems to have increased without doing that? or was I imagining it?

I need to get it up to 15% for the next story quest, but all the probes I could find that I haven't activated yet require skills that i don't have to activate them or something, or are gated behind crazy high level monsters.

Its not just probes, completing hexagons gives you % as well. So complete missions and so on in areas.

Anyone know where to find the probe site on top of Seyram Lake? Been looking for it for awhile.

I can't even find the quest in that first space outside the East Gate.
It's on top of the talon rock thing, you can't get to it until you have the flight pack. And quest icons on the segment map don't always mean that you'll receive one from that spot, most of them are for quests that end there. I believe that quest is only available much later in the game.
Ffs, I keep getting attacked and killed by a lvl 65 tyrant while I'm fighting some guys I need to kill for an affinity mission.
If that's Barnabas, he's only out at night.
So, is there any way to know where certain materials are without the quest marking it on your map? I need a blue electrical tentacle for an affinity quest, but the only thing the quest is telling me is that it's "from placid duogills in Primordia". :\
The easiest duoguills to find are the ones in the cave in biahno lake, and some that appear at night further upstream, near the northern edge of the continent(by stickrocks and the unicorn cliff).
Anyone know what you need to do to unlock rank 5 mechanic? I'm avoiding Eleanora right now since she already made me waste a point.
A 'secret order' or something quest shows up on the board for each skill you get to 4, and you have to complete those to get each to 5. Mechanical's should be doable without a flight pack, but good luck finding everything :p
Do they even give any stat boosts? I know the descriptions talk of offense, defense etc, but I figured they just mean the skills.

Best way to grind affinity? Need one heart with Lao to start an affinity quest
Classes do give stat boosts, but they're only equivalent to a cheap device/augment or two. I had the easiest time raising affinity by just doing normal quests with people in the party. Elma and Lin are mandatory for every story quest and should hit max really easily, so it's probably a good idea to leave them out in between story missions and bring some others along to get the affinity from responses.

Man0warr

Survey rate is raised by clearing the icon in each segment - once you lay down a probe the segments adjacent to it will get icons. The three different icons are quest, tyrant, and find the salvage. Once you figure out what you need to do for a segment it will change to a Yellow complete icon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom