• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beats

I'm finishing up an affinity quest and there's a serious cutscene where two npcs are talking about a nest they want to clear out but their attempts to have been fruitless and now your team has been assigned to do it. While they're talking there's a vocal track playing in the background that's louder than the dialogue and I'm not sure why. There have been a few scenes like this so far and it just sounds bad tbh. Is this going to happen often? lol.

Don't know the answer but the Placid Duogils are at Silent Mire at night time.

I looked around for the Silent Mire after checking back with the NPC that gave out the quest, but I couldn't find the place after exploring for a good while. I eventually stumbled upon the enemy in a cavern near Biahno Lake and got what I needed though.

MrPanic

Really enjoying my time with the game so far. Here's my character atm:
jJf2MQU.jpg

The only thing that really bothers me is that all the other side characters don't level up on their own, so when I take them with me they usually tend to be underleveled and basically just lie on the ground dead during most fights.

LProtag

When an art says it does weapon damage, does that mean it does the same type of damage as my weapon?

As a Galactic Knight I have the skill for beam damage maxed out, and I have a beam photon blade, so is the damage from my arts boosted by that as well when they use weapon damage?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
What are Division Spoils? I see the icon on the Game Pad but I'm confused what it means....

gogogow

How are you guys grabbing screenshots of the game?

By uploading them to Flicker, but maybe there are better alternatives. The new Flickr uploader doesn't work with the Wii U anymore, it just keeps "uploading", but nothing happens. You have to click on "old uploader" at the top of the site, which is an extra step. But all my Wii U screenshots are stored there, so I don't want to switch.

23160747909_b2201a7ef0_o.jpg

Man0warr

I looked around for the Silent Mire after checking back with the NPC that gave out the quest, but I couldn't find the place after exploring for a good while. I eventually stumbled upon the enemy in a cavern near Biahno Lake and got what I needed though.

Silent Mire is the water area infront of that cave you discovered during the Probe sidequest. If you toggle your map until the icons are off it shows on the map as "Silent Mire".

Where is this cave near Biahno Lake? Saw others talking about it but i've scoured that area and haven't found it.

MouldyK

Just spent all of my money (like 300,000) making my Characters all wear the same Armor Suit which gives 93 Armor because we were all 40-60 before.

But then I had the dilemma of all my characters looking like Hunking Pieces of Armor.

So now everyone gets some Fashion!

WVW69iovYtcaVba5Fh

Irina is in the back as she getting ditched sometime.

Gizuko

I have been avoiding the OT for a while since I wanted to avoid spoiling myself (sometimes I read spoilers out of curiosity, I'm dumb like that), so I might have missed this but... Are there any skills (not arts) that are considered a must/really good?

I'm currently advancing through the Partisan Eagle branch, and plan to eventually level the Blast Fencer one, but since skills, unlike arts, can be mixed, it might be good to get some decent ones before I jump to BF.

Chaos17

When can you level up field skills? I gained Blade level 2, but the woman at the mission console won't let me do anything. Do I have to beat mission 4 first?

Usually for me, when I can level up my field skill it's the moment the game notify that I can get my blade reward.

jmizzal

I chose Pathfinders since I like to explore and only fight when necessary. Don't stress over your division and pick what you think will suit you best. You can change if you end up not liking it.

Is your Infinity quest you have to complete to move on to the next story missions based on your division you choose?

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
I'm really enjoying my time with the game but good LORD they explain jack shit to the player.

Still wrapping my head around augments and crafting, let alone everything else.

Zomba13

Here's my guy
MQ7goXZ.jpg

I like the hair but I wish it didn't have the strands down the front on both sides. One side would have been fine but on both sides it looks a bit weird.

One by one. One by one.

Beats

Silent Mire is the water area infront of that cave you discovered during the Probe sidequest. If you toggle your map until the icons are off it shows on the map as "Silent Mire".

Where is this cave near Biahno Lake? Saw others talking about it but i've scoured that area and haven't found it.

When you fast travel to FN Site 104 it should be to the left of the lake around the waterfalls.

Man0warr

I wish you could inspect the skills on your gear to figure out what they do.

I assume I could go through the augment list in the Arms Manufacturer console to figure it out but that's a chore.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I'm really enjoying my time with the game but good LORD they explain jack shit to the player.

Still wrapping my head around augments and crafting, let alone everything else.

The beauty of the Xenoblade series is the difficulty is so accommodating that players can choose how much time and effort they want to invest into the more elaborate and niche elements.

Like in the original Xenoblade I still never figured out how all that worked but it didn't impede my enjoyment whatsoever.

Guys, so I remember that Eleonora said something about this but I completely forgot... how do I get the BLADE field skills to level 5?

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
The beauty of the Xenoblade series is the difficulty is so accommodating that players can choose how much time and effort they want to invest into the more elaborate and niche elements.

Like in the original Xenoblade I still never figured out how all that worked but it didn't impede my enjoyment whatsoever.

I dunno, Xenoblade Chronicles things were fairly well explained and mostly straightforward. With this I feel lost a majority of the time as to what certain things are or how to use them.

Spent forever going over the digital manual trying to figure things out.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Look like 6000 player fell for the trap of Go-rha the guardian deity. I bet there is a lot of gaffer among them
I got super murdered by that guardian. I was super leery of it, but didn't activate while I was really close. Then I tried to climb on it. Then I died.

Jobbs

Banned
Just got started this morning.

Initial impressions..

• Graphically impressive for Wii U, but clearly lagging behind most current gen. The framerate is remarkably stable considering the draw distance and all that is seen, and while the raw visuals are generally unremarkable, there are definitely moments when everything gels and the impression is strong.
  • Char creator is welcome, but I would have liked to have some more options. I regret there not being a bust slider as seen in the JP version, only because the default woman is too stacked for what is my preference of a main character.
  • Music is great!
  • Gameplay is very MMO like, which I guess is no surprise to anyone who played the first game (I didn't). There are some things I don't feel like I understand yet, but that's okay, I can dig some depth.

And... Why the huge list of emotes in a single player game?

Kinsei

Banned
14 right now. I get the last enemy to 25% and then just die. I guess I just have to level up once more or so

14 should be fine. You're using arts when your party members tell you to restore your HP right? Does the class you're using have an HP restoring art?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Just got started this morning.

Initial impressions..

• Graphically impressive for Wii U, but clearly lagging behind most current gen. The framerate is remarkably stable considering the draw distance and all that is seen, and while the raw visuals are generally unremarkable, there are definitely moments when everything gels and the impression is strong.
  • Char creator is welcome, but I would have liked to have some more options. I regret there not being a bust slider as seen in the JP version, only because the default woman is too stacked for what is my preference of a main character.
  • Music is great!
  • Gameplay is very MMO like, which I guess is no surprise to anyone who played the first game (I didn't). There are some things I don't feel like I understand yet, but that's okay, I can dig some depth.

And... Why the huge list of emotes in a single player game?

There's multiplayer dude.

Look like 6000 player fell for the trap of Go-rha the guardian deity. I bet there is a lot of gaffer among them

Happened to me too. It looked like a treasure thing that might give me cool loot.

Xenoboy

At what point in the game can you actually start using overdrive? I've finished Chapter 3 and I can't find anyway to activate it when I have 3000 TP.
When do you unlock new Arms Manufacturers?
The online missions still makes me scratch my head, I'll sort it out with time.

Kinsei

Banned
At what point in the game can you actually start using overdrive? I've finished Chapter 3 and I can't find anyway to activate it when I have 3000 TP.

You unlock the third arms manufacturer once you finish chapter 4.

Can I change my division later? I'm thinking harriers because I like killing shit.

Yes.

after chapter 5... as for new arms manufacturers, i think after some story missions? not too sure about that

MouldyK

Oh geez, that Blood Lobster Quest which asks you to
collect 99 Lobsters around New LA...including some Skell-Only ones.

That'll be one for later!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom