• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greye

Is there any other way to remap the buttons? I hate that they used R for target en ZR for jumping. The R is so uncomfortable on the gamepad.

jmizzal

How exactly do you help your partners up when they die?

Sometimes I walk to them and it says press A to help up or what ever and sometimes it doesnt give me a prompt, and sometimes they help me up and sometimes they dont

nubbe

30 hours to get here! :p

WVW69iovxO8mvlbQt_

Crumbtiny

I'm a little confused when it comes to buying new weapons. Sometimes an item will have a much higher attack power than what I currently have equipped. Yet when you look at the totals at the bottom they're pretty deep in the red. I can't figure out why though.

Is it because of the upgrades I have? If I have a weapon fully upgraded the store comparison reflects the weapon's base damage instead of the upgraded damage? So the new weapon is higher compared to the base damage, but because of the upgrades when it all shakes out in the totals the new, non-upgraded weapon ends up being weaker.

Is this what's going on? Or is there some other factor I'm not seeing.

edit: That can't be all that's going on. I'm comparing two non-upgraded weapons and yet the one with the higher attack power still yields a -7 total melee attack.

random25

How exactly do you help your partners up when they die?

Sometimes I walk to them and it says press A to help up or what ever and sometimes it doesnt give me a prompt, and sometimes they help me up and sometimes they dont

You need to have enough TP to revive a party member.

Edit: 3000TP to be exact.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm a little confused when it comes to buying new weapons. Sometimes an item will have a much higher attack power than what I currently have equipped. Yet when you look at the totals at the bottom they're pretty deep in the red. I can't figure out why though.

Is it because of the upgrades I have? If I have a weapon fully upgraded the store comparison reflects the weapon's base damage instead of the upgraded damage? So the new weapon is higher compared to the base damage, but because of the upgrades when it all shakes out in the totals the new, non-upgraded weapon ends up being weaker.

Probably.

And since I posted this, there was 500 kill by him lol. Looks like the trap is really effective

Doesn't surprise me at all. I am totally going back to push his shit in once I have a flying Skell.

TGMIII

I was planning on going down the commando route but there doesn't seem to be any skills that cause topple.

Is it a big deal to be missing out on topple skills?

Xenoboy

edit: That can't be all that's going on. I'm comparing two non-upgraded weapons and yet the one with the higher attack power still yields a -7 total melee attack.

Do the other weapon have a Melee Attack I or something? That sometimes makes the difference, but I've noticed that even without them the weapon yields a lower attack.

Diffense

Loving the game so far, definitely pretty epic in scope. Game is comparable to other major rpg releases.

I'm honestly surprised anyone could be disappointed with how this compares to Xenoblade 1 and I booted up that game just before X came out (was hyped). I guess it just comes down to varying opinions and tastes. X captures what I liked about Xenoblade but brings new things to the table and I like that. Plus it's much, much prettier.

BTW, is hit-scaling the damage multiplier for multi-hit Arts?

Azuran

Banned
I was planning on going down the commando route but there doesn't seem to be any skills that cause topple.

Is it a big deal to be missing out on topple skills?

They're nice to have because the AI never seems to topple enemies when they're staggered, unless there's a way to edit their potential actions that I'm not aware of yet.

MilkBeard

Everything to do with Tatsu is just cringeworthy. It's a good thing the gameplay is so engrossing in this game, because some of the scenes are just laughable (not in a good way).

On the other hand, finding new areas gives a sense of awe. We have been bombarded with a lot of open world games, so the fact that this game can do that with its scope is pretty impressive.

Sölf

Alright guys, question:
How good/important ae the crafted items? The first available weapons are level 20, I am currently 18 and thinking about farming the mats for one of them. I already have 2/4 items and have some from the other 2, I just need to find the mobs that drop those again. Are those things good enough for some time? Also, as that is called "Research", do I only have to farm the mats once and after that I can just buy them?

And swimming to Sylvalum is horrible. At least I found one of those stupid Acorn thingies in the water. Probably have to go back to get the other 2.

Do I need the ability to fly to get any of the data probes in Primordia? There's one to the northwest of NLA that I have no idea how to reach because it's probably on top of a huge cliff I don't think I can reach.

Also can I buy probes anywhere and do I lose a probe once I change it to something else?

8 hours later...I still don't understand how to increase survey rate %. This is really frustrating. I've put probes down and that seems to be the only thing that increases it. What am I missing?

Azuran

Banned
This tyrant is such a trap. I thought he was going to be easy since I'm five levels above him but nope, he's still a beast to take down. I'm sad to say that I contributed to his victim total.

CVj1hRpUsAAFUoB.jpg:large

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
At what point in the story can I use Overdrive? I always seem to have Max TP but can't activate it.

Kjellson

You can't change classes for other part characters right? my Elma and Lin are already at level 20.

This tyrant is such a trap. I thought he was going to be easy since I'm five levels above him but nope, he's still a beast to take down. I'm sad to say that I contributed to his victim total.

I was ten levels above him and he took ages to kill, lol.

Sölf

8 hours later...I still don't understand how to increase survey rate %. This is really frustrating. I've put probes down and that seems to be the only thing that increases it. What am I missing?

Each of those hexagons has something inside you have to do:
- Install a probe
- Do a quest in that region (may become available later)
- Find a specific treasure
- Kill a specific Tyrant

The same is true for NLA, you have to do something specific in each hexagon. Quests may become available later on, but once finished the hexagonal shape will be filled with this golden symbol.

Yushi

I'm only missing 1 item in my collectopedia in Primordia. 3rd option in Relics. If anyone has it! Please tell me the name of the item so i can look for it !

R.D.Blax

That remind me that I need to kill this guys as a payback for these time he killed me

Yuuuup. I was level 17 earlier and tried to take him out. Was battling for like 5 minutes and he still wasn't down, and each time he did those lasers at least someone of my party died. I nearly got him untill I eventially lost to those damn lasers. FU Oskar.

random25

That's why I love this game. No tyrant (boss) can be underestimated just because you are a little overleveled.

Oskar has a gold crown already? damn that newbie-trap tyrant lol
edit: or was it copper crown?

Vena

I am really enjoying the Kizuna quests I've picked up so far. Does anyone know (or you can spoil it for me) where to find the alien girl with the fluffy ears? Or is she later in the story?

Remember that the Tyrants also scale with their size very noticeably. Elma explains that after the first one you kill. The bigger they are the stronger they are for their level. Oscar is really like a level 20+.

What's a gold crown mean?

Killed a lot of people.

Do I need the ability to fly to get any of the data probes in Primordia? There's one to the northwest of NLA that I have no idea how to reach because it's probably on top of a huge cliff I don't think I can reach.

Also can I buy probes anywhere and do I lose a probe once I change it to something else?
You can reach that one on foot, but it's level 5 mechanical. There are one or two spots per zone that require the flight pack to reach though.

Probes aren't 'consumed' after you set/remove them, they're completely interchangeable(for a fee) for as many times as you want. You only get them from quest rewards, treasure boxes and filling in the collectopedia.

Just beat him at Level 22 in a Skell without any trouble so I suggest you leave it for a bit.

Omnicent

holy saheeeeeiiiitttt! Fuck this game! Just used quick nav and as I appeared there was a lv55 monster behind me......... That was a very good jump scare.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
THAT'S IT

THAT'S FUCKING IT

How the hell do I reach Desdemona the FUCKING subterranean?!?!?!

No idea, I just stood on the cliff opposite her's and shot at her with ranged arts until she died. She does like no damage at range so an application of Defensive Stance every now and again (with taunt to keep her attacks on me) was more than enough.

desu

At least I am not the only one who fell for that guy :).

Man Sylvalum looks incredible at night, and the music is soooo good.

This game ... absolutely amazing!

Venfayth

I keep running in to issues with bosses and being forced to decrease their difficulty to win. I don't really understand a bunch of stuff about the combat system.

What heals me in combat?
What triggers those QTEs to pop on screen and what do they do, specifically?
When my actions start glowing at the bottom and I activate them, I assume I get some sort of bonus for that, what is it specifically?
Should I be waiting for the secondary/tertiary cooldowns to use abilities?

If anyone could help me out I'd really appreciate it.

Yarbskoo

Just got my guide from Amazon. 511 pages to accidentally spoil myself with. I did not expect the screen cleaner to be that big. It's almost the same size as my mouse pad!
bDlVZCQ.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom