• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dad

So I picked up an affinity quest for one of the DLC character, and now I have to go to Oblivia and kill a level 26 monster. I'm level 15 and it kills everyone in my party within a few hits each. I already saved during the affinity quest so I guess I'm just SOL?

This is from gamefaqs. I did it earlier so I can confirm it's correct. Spoilered in case anyone insane would rather figure it out for themselves.

So first you need to finish yardleys quest in the industrial district, available after ch3 I think. California sunset can be found inside caves, such as the cave Kirstie sens you too as the second part of one of her first quest "Probe-fessional".

Then after ch5 is done, you can get the quest "house of cards" from the mission board, you can close and reopen it until it shows up. Then the steps are as follows

1) find the keycard int he lower hangar of the administrative district, it is in the south west of the circle behind some boxes

2) talk to yardley in the commercial district in the afternoon

3) talk to yardley late at night below the administrative disctrict, you can send the hangar elevetor up then jump off if, and down below it to get there.

You can find the first quest it mentions by using the map. They show up when you're looking at the correct district.
Cheers, that helped a bunch.

Chaos17

Lesson of the day : I will never be again stuborn to do a Blade gathering quest because even with the help of the guide I couldn't collect "crush rings". Even if it's the quests ranked level 1, lol.

So I to confort myself, I gave my actual party a little make over.
It's not to bad I guess.

tumblr_nyyeonhA2B1s55i8ao1_1280.jpg

So I picked up an affinity quest for one of the DLC character, and now I have to go to Oblivia and kill a level 26 monster. I'm level 15 and it kills everyone in my party within a few hits each. I already saved during the affinity quest so I guess I'm just SOL?

Are you talking about H.B quest ?
You don't have to kill anything in Oblivia in his first quest, just loot the collectable items.

Zafir

Okay, I'm at my wit's end trying to increase my survey rate so I can accept the chapter 4 mission. I understand that completing a task in a particular segment raises the segment rate, but how do I know what task needs to be done in a particular segment, or even if I've already done it in that segment? I don't understand why tapping on a segment in the view with the icons SOMETIMES gives a little info window but usually nothing happens at all when I tap it.

I seemed to get a recon complete when I completed an affinity quest, so I think some of them may be hidden behind sidequests/affinity quests. Which is kind of annoying.

I honestly just installed probes to get it up. It involved some running through high level areas, though.

I was viewing the affinity chart and got stuck looking at Elma, it wouldn't let me back out of the chart. None of the buttons, dpad, etc seemed to respond, although I could switch between off-tv and on-tv using the touchscreen. Weird glitch I guess? Surprising cause I haven't heard of glitches in this game.

I had to force close the Wii u and lost some progress, luckily I think I had a pretty recent save.

Edit: actually it seems repeatable if I look at Elma and press X for "character profile", all the button prompts fade out and I can't figure out how to escape. Am I just missing something here?

chadboban

Just beat it at the same level you're at. Rest of my group died but I managed to solo around it to finish it off.

Man, I LOVED these clutch moments in the original Xenoblade. Just barely managing to take down a monster while the rest of your party gets taken out. I like the sense of accomplishment it brings.

Blues1990

I just have one more task before I can get my Skell License, but I'm incredibly stumped with how to complete the mission, "The Pip-Squeak". Exactly how do you board the Ma-non Ship? I don't have wings, and I can't use the transport pilot to get me up there.

Chaos17

I was viewing the affinity chart and got stuck looking at Elma, it wouldn't let me back out of the chart. None of the buttons, dpad, etc seemed to respond, although I could switch between off-tv and on-tv using the touchscreen. Weird glitch I guess? Surprising cause I haven't heard of glitches in this game.

I had to force close the Wii u and lost some progress, luckily I think I had a pretty recent save.

You should report it on the Mii verse at least to let nintendo knows.

No, it's for Yelv

Weird, usualy the required level is usually not wrong.
My roomate did it earlier today, I can ask him what level he was but he is not here at the moment.

chadboban

Can you hire a high level character online? Sorry, don't have the game yet so I'm not too sure how it works. I'm kinda living vicariously though this thread until I'm able to play.

R.D.Blax

Man, I LOVED these clutch moments in the original Xenoblade. Just barely managing to take down a monster while the rest of your party gets taken out. I like the sense of accomplishment it brings.

The best is when you are dead, and the only remaining IA manage to finish the fight a few second before the forced respawn.

El Odio

Banned
Okay, I'm at my wit's end trying to increase my survey rate so I can accept the chapter 4 mission. I understand that completing a task in a particular segment raises the segment rate, but how do I know what task needs to be done in a particular segment, or even if I've already done it in that segment? I don't understand why tapping on a segment in the view with the icons SOMETIMES gives a little info window but usually nothing happens at all when I tap it.
Worst case scenerio you can run around NLA and look for the yellow speech bubbles. The gossip you here will give you a big hint for certain hexes on the map and will get marked on the map.

zma1013

Game seems like it's gonna have a lot going on from what I've played so far. "It's like one of my Japanese animes" seems to describe it perfectly but then I've known that for some time. Still in the stage where I have no idea what I'm doing but it looks like it's introducing the gameplay mechanics pretty easily. Can't wait to get my Skell and F stuff up.

Pretty much my only complaint with the game so far is the music. They really, really, really, really want you to hear this music. 14 million options for camera control but no basic slider for the music volume that virtually every game has. It's way too loud and quite a bit of it just does not at all go with the game or match up to what I'm seeing. Some of it is downright bad. I would probably turn it off if I had the option as I think my immersion into the world would be much better without it.

Dad

Weird, usualy the required level is usually not wrong.
My roomate did it earlier today, I can ask him what level he was but he is not here at the moment.

Can you hire a high level character online? Sorry, don't have the game yet so I'm not too sure how it works. I'm kinda living vicariously though this thread until I'm able to play.

I'm pretty sure his quest does not require you to kill a level 26 monster, or else the quest wouldn't be acceptable at level 15. Are you sure you aren't confused?

I did that quest today and don't remember killing a lvl 26 monster, I was lvl 20. Are you talking about his first affinity quest?

I'm dumb. There happened to be a level 26 monster with a quest indicator on it's head in the same area as the debris. Crisis averted

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Finally got these white cordontites! For fucks sake monolith making that the first affinity quest you would ever see in the game.

MilkBeard

Is there any pattern to being able to revive fallen teammates? Sometimes it lets me, and sometimes not. Anyone know the requirements to doing it?

Anyone lese loving Irina as your 4th in party? She has some pretty great heals off the bat that paired with a tank arts focused Lin, things have been pretty smooth for me (trying to start chapter 5 now at lvl 17)

R.D.Blax

Anyone lese loving Irina as your 4th in party? She has some pretty great heals off the bat that paired with a tank arts focused Lin, things have been pretty smooth for me (trying to start chapter 5 now at lvl 17)

She is always dying first for some reason, but I still like her

Chaos17

I'm dumb. There happened to be a level 26 monster with a quest indicator on it's head in the same area as the debris. Crisis averted

Phew, I'm glad for you :D

I plan her to keep until I meet others hearlers than her then decide wich one I want to keep.
But yah, having her around do make my life easier.

Xenoboy

Anyone knows if there is a way to further examine the affinity chart?
When I look at the Manual I can see a link between Vandamme and Elma with comments about each other. I have no idea how to see that in-game.

Weirdly it seems to happen for every character when I select "character profile" on the affinity chart. All the button prompts disappear and nothing seems to have any effect or be able to back out of the screen. What's supposed to happen here?

WVW69ioxyroz66f12S

Man this game is confusing

How do I switch weapons in battle? My character was shooting an enemy and I used an ability and all of a sudden she was using her sword. How do I switch between that blade and my gun?

How much content do the dlc characters have? I just got H.B (fuck H.B) and Alexa, and was wondering if they're gonna join my main character in the Mute Weirdos club, or if they have a bunch of affinity missions and maybe even interactions with other characters?

Chastten

Banned
Spent the entire day installing probes all over Primordia, doing side/affinity quests, grinding blade level, etc. Now around level 20/21.

Picked up the Chapter 4 Storyquest which leads you to the 2nd main area, which starts with level 30+ trashmobs.

Am I severely underleveled or what? Quite liking the game so far, but why does every area have mobs of all levels? Got killed so many times because a random pack of highlevel mobs suddenly enters the battlefield. It's way worse then in the original :/

How do I switch weapons in battle? My character was shooting an enemy and I used an ability and all of a sudden she was using her sword. How do I switch between that blade and my gun?
X switches between ranged and melee. There is an on screen prompt on the right side showing what buttons do what.

Salbug

Just finished chapter 5, and almost at the 21 hour mark, XCX has quickly become second place for GOTY. (Just behind Undertale.) I've been having an absolute blast exploring the world, and messing around with the combat. I don't usually play many JRPGs, but damn does Xenoblade Chronicles, and XCX have great combat. (Say what you will about it's MMO-esque nature.) Switching between ranged, and melee weapons on the fly was like one of the best things to come out of the combat that I've played so far. It's a 10/10 experience for me so far.

zdNUJMm.jpg

Ulysses 31

With X.

And Arts require you to have the right weapon out for them to charge the 2nd/3rd CD.

Sakura

Abilities are associated with weapons.
For example if you use an ability that shoots a grenade, you can't do that while holding a sword. So using that ability will switch to your gun.
Also, while using a weapon, the associated abilities will 'charge' up.

can you reuse them then?

Because I may have put some ones I didn't think about in certain spots lol
You can reuse them yea. Go to a probe you planted already and change it to a basic probe.

Chaos17

anybody know if you can buy probe types?

Aka research, mining, etc...

No, you can only find special probes through quests or treasure chest.
But you can still plant normal probes.

Sweety, it's written on your screen during battle (below the minimap) : press X to change weapon.

brinstar

Spent the entire day installing probes all over Primordia, doing side/affinity quests, grinding blade level, etc. Now around level 20/21.

Picked up the Chapter 4 Storyquest which leads you to the 2nd main area, which starts with level 30+ trashmobs.

Am I severely underleveled or what? Quite liking the game so far, but why does every area have mobs of all levels? Got killed so many times because a random pack of highlevel mobs suddenly enters the battlefield. It's way worse then in the original :/
you're actually over leveled for that chapter, you just have to navigate through past a few powerful enemies during it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom