• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zafir

Well, and I thought Noctilum was a bit annoying to explore. Doing the Chapter 5 mission in Oblivia was rather a pain between the high levels wandering the narrow paths and the damaging storm every 10mins. :D

Gravidee

Wow, the special edition USB is a lot heavier than I thought! I was expecting it to be made from cheap plastic or something, but it's actually cast in metal. A shame the capacity isn't greater. In any case, I reformatted the drive, freed up the remaining space and added the entire Chronicles X soundtrack to make the most of it.

Blues1990

I just have one more task before I can get my Skell License, but I'm incredibly stumped with how to complete the mission, "The Pip-Squeak". Exactly how do you board the Ma-non Ship? I don't have wings, and I can't use the transport pilot to get me up there.

Bumping, as I want to get this mission over with & (finally) have my giant robot.

Chastten

Banned
you're actually over leveled for that chapter, you just have to navigate through past a few powerful enemies during it

Aight, thank!

Figured I'd called it a night at this point but I'll get on it tomorrow :) Guess I'll just run past them and hope for the best :p

You have to use soul voice. Basically just follow the directions your teammates give you, like using a melee or range art, and succeed at the button prompt.

Ohhh that makes sense. I kept seeing button prompts but didn't know what they were for.

How does levelling work? Is there any skill points or anything I need to worry about? I've levelled up a few times and haven't done anything with regard to stats

Sakura

Ohhh that makes sense. I kept seeing button prompts but didn't know what they were for.

How does levelling work? Is there any skill points or anything I need to worry about? I've levelled up a few times and haven't done anything with regard to stats

You unlock arts as you level, and you can use BP to upgrade your arts. There are also passive abilities you can set and upgrade.

Hugstable

Banned

As you level up you will gain new Arts, and you can go into the menu to both assign arts and upgrade them using battle points so they are stronger and have shorter cooldowns. There are also skills that are gained for classes. I'm still figuring stuff out myself too, even after playing the crap out of Xenoblade their is a ton of new mechanics to take in.

h0tp0ck3t

I was hype when i beat this guy, are you using the assemble command on all but your tank?

OH MY GOD YOU ARE A GENIUS! Jesus Christ I set Lin to Do what you Like and Elma and Gwin to Assemble followed by Use Ranged attacks and we curbstomped the guy. Thanks again you have no idea how much this dude was pissing me off

Sakura

I'm Level 24 but need to be Level 30 to start Chapter 8...any quick ways to level up?

Easiest way is to grind monsters that are higher level but still reasonably easy to kill. If you kill monsters like 10 levels higher you will get a lot of XP.
Once you get a level 30 doll, and throw a phoenix on there, levelling becomes pretty trivial.

nubbe

zdNUJMm.jpg

Snake wearing a Unit 01 suit

Saolight

Neo Member
Hi all, I'm in the first hours of the game and just got to the point of squads. Just wanted to know if I would miss something not being part of any as my internet is pretty bad?

aravuus

I'm Level 24 but need to be Level 30 to start Chapter 8...any quick ways to level up?

Try killing the Javelin Insidia near Oblivia's FN Site 314 (southernmost one). They're around level 31-38, but fairly easy to kill and give super good exp (even the lowest level ones still give like 300+). Been grinding them since level 25, I'm now level 30. Didn't even take long.

tizaffy

Neo Member
omfg the "PROPER CHOPPER" quest you get with the "find the em spherical sphere"

INFURIATING quest. do not take it if you have the chance. finding the sphere is a joke. its one of the blue little diamond things and from what i can tell its a radom drop in the white weeping whitewood.

Please if anyone knows a quicker way to get it would be great

Ulysses 31

Hi all, I'm in the first hours of the game and just got to the point of squads. Just wanted to know if I would miss something not being part of any as my internet is pretty bad?

You miss on prize tickets you can use to buy crafting materials I think.

nubbe

omfg the "PROPER CHOPPER" quest you get with the "find the em spherical sphere"

INFURIATING quest. do not take it if you have the chance. finding the sphere is a joke. its one of the blue little diamond things and from what i can tell its a radom drop in the white weeping whitewood.

Please if anyone knows a quicker way to get it would be great

never take gather quests

ever

There's so much to do here.

I was already feeling like there was a ridiculous amount, and then I started messing around with stuff like investing in weapons manufacturers and upgrading equipment.

This game kind of feels like it has everything.

But it also feels like nothing is really explained without going into the manual.

Toadsili T

Neo Member
A bit of a tangent to the current discussion in here, but the Discord link in the OT is giving me a error message that the invite link is either incorrect or has expired. If anyone who is currently in that Discord could generate a new invite link, that would be much appreciated.

As for the game itself, I'm really enjoying the expanded combat systems Monolith have brought to the table. The stronger focus on positioning for attacking appendages and numerous Arts is a natural extension of the first game, which I personally felt didn't quite have enough of this outside of Shulk and Riki. I've yet to delve into weapon mods or even use Overdrive, but I'm already digging all the options at your disposal.

I know it's a divisive topic, but I've also really warmed to a lot of the music in this game. The environmental music so far as been mostly fitting and enjoyable, and I've even come to like the New LA themes. Alas, the main battle theme still bothers me as soon as those lyrics drop; I honestly prefer to get spotted by enemies for the alternative theme. :p Not to mention a few cutscenes with overpowering vocals making it hard to hear the dialogue...

Looking forward to playing more when I get the chance, especially with some fellow GAFfers. :)

Raide

I kinda dislike the way the game stops you from continuing the Story Missions if you have not met certain requirements. The fact I have to go and grind Survey requirements to carry on the story is a little disheartening.

I git shoved into a squad with the game giving you no real way to opt out and hardly any active quest. Go to the Job Board which is rammed full, take a few and found out some of them are impossible. I can see the stars but some stuff is just too high level.

ffs game. I love you but you keep slapping me around.

Astra

Navigating this world is a bit of a nightmare, when you want to find specific points. Unless I am missing something.

For example, I'm trying to find Headwater Cavern, so I start from Headwater Summit but just can't seem to find this cave.

I just reached Noctilum, I think I'm in love
2qTZPcR.jpg

And it is SO huge and has so much variety...I was blown away after I realised how big that continent is.

The game is really so good. Loving nearly everything about it, besides the missions where you have to get some items and don't even know where you should start searchibg for them. But everything else is fantastic and this game might end up as my personal Game of the Year. Even the story starts heating up after chapter 4 and is enjoyable.

Ulysses 31

Navigating this world is a bit of a nightmare, when you want to find specific points. Unless I am missing something.

For example, I'm trying to find Headwater Cavern, so I start from Headwater Summit but just can't seem to find this cave.

Doesn't the Follow Ball work on that quest?

Saolight

Neo Member
And it is SO huge and has so much variety...I was blown away after I realised how big that continent is.

The game is really so good. Loving nearly everything about it, besides the missions where you have to get some items and don't even know where you should start searchibg for them. But everything else is fantastic and this game might end up as my personal Game of the Year. Even the story starts heating up after chapter 4 and is enjoyable.

I agree with you on all points and the thing that freightens me the most is that personnaly I didn't even touch the skells gameplay and I'm already hooked to this game even more than Fallout 4. Truly brilliant game.
But as I've read before up the thread the fact that almost nothing is properly explained to the player is the sole issue I have for now.

Astra

Doesn't the Follow Ball work on that quest?

Nah, because I have to farm a mat from a particular enemy. So the quest just tells me to kill this enemy or its variants. The bestiary just lists it in Primordia, so I had to look up where exactly they are, and Headwater Cavern is it.

Diffense

If you're past a certain point you'll have the follow ball so you can set your current mission as the navigation target and use it to help you find your way. Also, the aerial cam can be helpful to get a bird's eye view of your immediate surroundings.

EDIT: OK so you can't use the follow ball.

El Odio

Banned

Headwater cavern is actually accessed from the bottom of the waterfall. I was just there.

thumb

Banned
Just starting out. How do I make Mr. Potato go away? Initiallly, I thought I could just leave that annoying trope of a character in the bin. But nooooooooo I have to take him.

Why do developers make these characters? I want to drop kick him off a cliff.

Dineren

Banned
I've really been enjoying this so far, but I can't believe they decided not to let you abandon quests. I saw the warnings before starting so I always save before an affinity or story quest, but if I had just gone in blind some of these affinity quests could have easily caused me to stop playing.

Raide

Good god the music mixing is poor. Discounting some of the music is actually poor, having NPC's talking to each other has rock drowns them out is super annoying. Did they not have someone to tweak the levels during the development?

Blunoise

Iam at the part where i need to start to grind. On chapter 5 and I cant even reach the the 3 turrets in Oblivia. But I cant even get past the grunts lol im too low leveled

eaise

Neo Member
Had planned on taking my time enjoying everything. Wasn't worried about getting the skell quickly. But I got a orange rarity drop skell weapon from killing a puge...very conflicted now

Raide

Iam at the part where i need to start to grind. On chapter 5 and I cant even reach the the 3 turrets in Oblivia. But I cant even get past the grunts lol im too low leveled

I personally feel the grind starts way too early. You just get into the game, slowly learn the combat and have some grand adventures and you're quickly pushed into "Grind to get further!" territory.

Had a good few hours in a row and had to put it down since it started to annoy me a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom