• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astra

Good god the music mixing is poor. Discounting some of the music is actually poor, having NPC's talking to each other has rock drowns them out is super annoying. Did they not have someone to tweak the levels during the development?

I'm in a cutscene now with NPCs talking, and music with vocals is playing. I can barely hear the characters speaking. Guess I'll have to turn subtitles on.

ivysaur12

Banned
So I'm doing an affinity mission and need to put a research probe somewhere that generates revenue.

Where are the best revenue-producing probes? I haven't found any good ones in Primordia or Noctilum yet.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I didn't expect enemies being 50+ be there..

EVERYWHERE!

That's crazy
---

Tried to walk around and they saw me!!!!

Raide

I'm in a cutscene now with NPCs talking, and music with vocals is playing. I can barely hear the characters speaking. Guess I'll have to turn subtitles on.

I had to do the same. I can understand once or twice but most NPC conversations get blown to bits by someone rapping or just the music being way too loud.

jgwhiteus

Finished Chapter 4, doing some affinity quests before Ch. 5 (annoyingly, I am "trapped" in Lin's quest until some materials are finished mining). But the scale of the world continues to impress me - this is a shot atop one of those rock formations on Primordia plain; this is one of the few games that literally delivers on the "You see that mountain in the background? You can go there!" promise of old.

zVBPSS2.jpg

eaise

Neo Member
Was a at the bottom of the last page. So repost

Had planned on taking my time enjoying everything. Wasn't worried about getting the skell quickly. But I got a orange rarity drop skell weapon from killing a puge...very conflicted now

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Is there any point in taking all these gathering quests?

Cause Jesus Christ these suck.

Raide

Is there any point in taking all these gathering quests?

Cause Jesus Christ these suck.

Cash towards Skell and random stuff as rewards.

The good thing is that you can collect stuff in the world, start the quest and actually complete some as soon as you get them.

Neku054

Neo Member
Wow... I didnt expect that

Edit: Apparently im not tagging things correctly (you would think using spoiler tags would suffice)

Chapter 5 End Spoilers
Just found out our character and all humans are robots. Its honestly not that huge of a deal but it wasn't a "twitst" i was expecting. pretty cool

Jackano

First impressions (10 hours in):

I've mixed feelings for the moment. The main discomfort I have with the game is that I feel overwhelmed by a lot of things appearing on-screen.
There are probably half a dozen gauges I don't know what purpose they serve. Eventually I got that my main XP gauge was in the main menu only. So all the stuff appearing aside my health, no idea.

Secondly, the controls are a bit stiff. Pushing L to run is uncomfortable sometimes. Camera with R is a bit slow, even with the max setting. Same with L to center the camera. Could have used a button in conjunction with motion controls here IMO.

And third, I don't like the story introduction. It is self-centered, like, why am I the hero? Why everyone is wowing at me while I havn't spoke 3 words in 3 missions. Why is everyone pushing me to enter BLADE... And the worst thing, I never got to an hospital so far. I have been picked up from a stasis pod crashed in the jungle, and boom, now I'm working as a hunter. Story intro lack an hospital scene, and a short hospital <-> BLADE hall walk to try to get some bearings in NLA.

Those aren't big problems though. I hope I feel more at ease soon, but usually with a Nintendo game, you only need one hour, not 20.

TheMoon

Is there anywhere I can go to get help on this game. I'm having difficulties with the battle system so far and I just left the barracks at the beginning.

The manual :) ...seriously. Read the manual. Covers almost everything.

Is there any pattern to being able to revive fallen teammates? Sometimes it lets me, and sometimes not. Anyone know the requirements to doing it?

3000 TP (late ofc but maybe someone else sees it here who doesn't know yet^^)

First impressions (10 hours in):

I've mixed feelings for the moment. The main discomfort I have with the game is that I feel overwhelmed by a lot of things appearing on-screen.
There are probably half a dozen gauges I don't know what purpose they serve. Eventually I got that my main XP gauge was in the main menu only. So all the stuff appearing aside my health, no idea.

The two bars that appear next to your health are your character level and your class level.

Watch after you beat a monster you'll see a number pop up near them, that's how much exp you're getting.

Toadsili T

Neo Member
I didn't expect enemies being 50+ be there..

EVERYWHERE!

That's crazy
---

Tried to walk around and they saw me!!!!

I'll put this under spoilers just to be safe, but I believe this trick will be useful for anyone wanting to run through areas filled with High-level monsters.

One little trick I've discovered is to use Elma as the main character and use the Shadowrunner Art. It requires TP to use, so you'll need to build that up in some manageable fights beforehand. However, by locking onto a dangerous enemy and activating the art, it prevents any form of enemy detection, allowing you to slip past fields of detection enemies with ease. I made use of this little trick to nab that Comm device item for a quest in Primordia being guarded by some high level Rexes.

To make sure it works, target an enemy at a safe distance, activate Shadowrunner, and immediately put your weapons away by pressing B. As you're running, you made need to occasionally lock onto a new enemy, pull your weapons out, and then put them back so that you reset the battle AoE zone.

Hope this helps out some fellow explorers. :)

And third, I don't like the story introduction. It is self-centered, like, why am I the hero? Why everyone is wowing at me while I havn't spoke 3 words in 3 missions. Why is everyone pushing me to enter BLADE... And the worst thing, I never got to an hospital so far. I have been picked up from a stasis pod crashed in the jungle, and boom, now I'm working as a hunter. Story intro lack an hospital scene, and a short hospital <-> BLADE hall walk to try to get some bearings in NLA.

Those aren't big problems though. I hope I feel more at ease soon, but usually with a Nintendo game, you only need one hour, not 20.

Not sure if I entirely agree with this. The way I see it, Elma is the hero. She's your boss and is the primary driver of the story. Your character is just a mute weirdo who makes a good BLADE since your ability to kill things is inversely proportional to your ability to talk.

JCX

This game is like playing Planet Earth. I'm still in Primorida and the landscape keeps blowing me away.

Riki

Not sure if I entirely agree with this. The way I see it, Elma is the hero. She's your boss and is the primary driver of the story. Your character is just a mute weirdo who makes a good BLADE since your ability to kill things is inversely proportional to your ability to talk.
We call this the Link/Freeman effect.

TheMoon

How much content do the dlc characters have? I just got H.B (fuck H.B) and Alexa, and was wondering if they're gonna join my main character in the Mute Weirdos club, or if they have a bunch of affinity missions and maybe even interactions with other characters?

->

This is from the Japanese DLC announcement, mind you. Ignore the fashion gear bit and the prices, obviously since those are non-factors :)

I thought Gessenkou was going to post his translations here, but I haven't seen him post (and his Google Doc page hasn't been update), so here's nothing...

About DLC:

1) there’s 4 additional characters, sold 500 Yen each. They come with:

– 3 quests each
– the character itself (who knows its own special Arts and comes with blueprints for a special Doll / Skell). You can unlock both when you complete the 3 quests.
- you also get the “Fashion Equipment” option automatically by completing the three quests of any of those four DLC characters.

Characters (not 100% sure about the transliteration of some names, though):

– HB. Special Arts “Atomic Bash” and “Frame Hand”. Doll/Skell: “POLICEMEN”.
– Boze. Special Arts “Vortex” and “Bayonet Art”. Doll/Skell: “YUMBO”.
– Yelve: Special Arts “Spirit Change” and “Powered Gunner”. Comes with a new category of weapon called “Multigun”, that allows you to switch from cannon, missile, and rifle forms.
– Axana: Special Arts “Over Spec” and “Voltage Max". Doll/Skell: “EXCAVATOR”.

2) Support DLC quests (sold 300 Yen each):

– character growth (XP) [10 quests]
– money [10 quests]
– Kizuna (relationships between the characters) [10 quests]

All those (1 + 2) will be available in a special pack sold 2 000 Yen. The first DLC will be released on May 8th

cyba89

Secondly, the controls are a bit stiff. Pushing L to run is uncomfortable sometimes.

You can auto-run with right shoulder button (or was it left?) +B.

And third, I don't like the story introduction. It is self-centered, like, why am I the hero? Why everyone is wowing at me while I havn't spoke 3 words in 3 missions. Why is everyone pushing me to enter BLADE...

Weird. I got a really different impression from the story so far . I don't feel like I'm the chosen hero or as if everything is centered around me. I'm just one of many in the BLADE organisation and I'm just doing my job there.

image.php

->

This is from the Japanese DLC announcement, mind you. Ignore the fashion gear bit and the prices, obviously since those are non-factors :)

Oh man, so the three quests are just the things you do to recruit them?

That sucks. I kinda liked Alexa, but I'm a lot less interested in using her if she's just going to remain silent the rest of the game.

Jackano

Humm, good point regarding Elma!
However, I don't feel like my ability to kill things is impressive. That's why I recruit lv.20 people to level up (although this doesn't seem to improve my attack power either, next thing to do for me is buy some new weapons I think).

You can auto-run with right shoulder button (or was it left?) +B.
See, that's a thing people should post on Miiverse, not L+A to get some Yeah! :mad:

Diffense

I agree that Elma feels more important but they *are* very interested in you. (Mild prologue stuff you'll experience in the first 1-2hour)-->
Elma decided to personally train you, Nagi came to see you to encourage you to join BLADE as did Vandham.
I reasoned that probably you were the ONLY person recovered in a long while so you became a bit of a superstar. I can imagine that in that scenario it would be exciting to finally find someone alive. However, I'm early in the game and there could be things that they know about you that you don't yet know.

OH GOD WHY DID I AGREE TO HELP LIN STUPID FUCKING QUEST

the white cometites isn't the issue. It's the energy tubes. It says to get them from puges but none of them are fucking dropping it and there's only like 3 or so in the fucking camp.

The fuck is this shit.

Please tell me the cruise deflectors aren't this bad to get.

Just starting out. How do I make Mr. Potato go away? Initiallly, I thought I could just leave that annoying trope of a character in the bin. But nooooooooo I have to take him.

Why do developers make these characters? I want to drop kick him off a cliff.

You can take Lin out of your party to keep Tatsu out as well, but she's required for story missions.

She is always dying first for some reason, but I still like her

Same with me. I haven't really figured out how she pairs well with Lin yet like the above poster said. I may have to reevaluate my setup with her. I think for the most part she's just under-leveled with my party.

Iam at the part where i need to start to grind. On chapter 5 and I cant even reach the the 3 turrets in Oblivia. But I cant even get past the grunts lol im too low leveled

Have you tried taking on the grunts? Some enemies are more forgiving than others if you don't have a high enough level but strategize well (especially smaller enemies). I think I was level 16-18 or something when I was doing that mission. I bypassed anything bigger than a grunt.

Zafir

Does anybody know where I can find something called a "EM Motor" in Noctilum?
I found it at kind of a north eastern part. Took me forever to find it frankly.

Where it says Bloodpond Basin, there's a probe there, go kind of north west and follow the path round on the high ground to the right side of the area and you'll come across some paths with high level monsters. I found it on one of those paths.

Some people said that Weeping Whitewood had them but I went around there about 3 or 4 times and didn't find any. Whether it's super rare there, or it's rare everywhere and I got lucky where I got it, I'm not sure.

Raide

Outside of just rotating around the enemy and hope it locks onto the appendage, can you move the lock around on the target?

Qurupeke

On another note, I LOVE Sniper+Javelin. At first I found it a bit slow but when I got more arts, it really shined. I defeated the 6th chapter boss in like a minute with Overdrive+Sniper. More people should try this class...

Ricker

The small text is really bothering my nephew...he says after about an hour of looking at the gamepad and the TV back and forth also,he has to stop,his eyes hurt...

Is it really that bad...?

nubbe

Can you just unequip everything on Lin? Her edited model looks even worse that I'd imagined. I thought it was only for a certain bikini. She seems like she'd look better with just the default sport under armor stuff.

that is another bikini
there are millions

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
The small text is really bothering my nephew...he says after about an hour of looking at the gamepad and the TV back and forth also,he has to stop,his eyes hurt...

Is it really that bad...?

Not to me, but maybe he might need to see an eye doctor

Toadsili T

Neo Member
Just a quick update on the Discord link for those that want to use it. Some folks in the Xenoblade Discord room have provided me with a new invite link that people can use that shouldn't expire. If TheMoon could add it to the OT as an updated link, it would be greatly appreciated. :)

vvvvvvvvvv
QUOTE POST TO SEE LINK
^^^^^^^^^^^

I'll let everyone get back to their XenoX discussions now. Promise. ^_^;

I find it funny that my strongest armor is a school blazer which gives 40 defense at this point in the game (only level 12).

One thing I noticed for autoattacks is that both weapons have separate cds. So if you smack with the knife, then swap to ray gun, you fire instantly, then after you fire, swap back to knife and you do a knife hit. Though ray gun cd is rather long so you would need to wait for another ray gun shot. This does make it slightly slower to raise the tertiary cd for a single weapon though because you are going back and forth between weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom