• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.
OH GOD WHY DID I AGREE TO HELP LIN STUPID FUCKING QUEST

the white cometites isn't the issue. It's the energy tubes. It says to get them from puges but none of them are fucking dropping it and there's only like 3 or so in the fucking camp.

The fuck is this shit.

Please tell me the cruise deflectors aren't this bad to get.

I had no trouble getting the cruise deflectors from the entrance area of Oblivia.

bodine1231

I'm confused about changing Soul Voices on my character. Am I changing the things my character says,thereby giving those buffs to my party members? Or am I changing them to give buffs to myself? Say I want to be a ranged class,should I be putting all my soul voices to ranged damage to give me buffs or is that helping the other characters in my party (who happen to be melee).

aravuus

Try killing the Javelin Insidia near Oblivia's FN Site 314 (southernmost one). They're around level 31-38, but fairly easy to kill and give super good exp (even the lowest level ones still give like 300+). Been grinding them since level 25, I'm now level 30. Didn't even take long.

And after level 34-35, you can jump down and fight level 41-45 Native Forfexes. A bit tough but manageable, each fight lasts a minute or two and give 1500+ exp.

In case someone wants to grind.

Zips

Wow... I didnt expect that

Properly label your spoiler, jeez...

It's not like it's hard - all you need to do is provide context and/or state what point in the game you are.

Accidentally clicked on that thinking you were just talking nonsense. Especially as your post is essentially nothing but the spoiler. Nice going.

I decided to take on Oskar again at lvl 17. After a 10 minutes epic battle and many heals and revives, I managed to beat him just when he killed me and Elma was the only one left barely alive. That was so close.
wiiu_screenshot_tv_01uds9y.jpg

Falcs

Banned
You knows it fellas

UD05WhE.jpg

Was just skimming through the last few pages and saw this pic...

Does this mean you can equip glasses on your characters??
Like, would it be possible to have a character that just wears sunglasses permanently throughout the whole game??

I'm probably going to get blasted for this in here... but I've been reading and watching videos of this game since release and I'm in two minds about whether or not I can get past the hideously ugly faces in the game and actually buy it.
If I can equip glasses to cover them up then problem solved!

TheJoRu

Anybody know a better part to get energy tubes? Fighting the same three dudes over and over again in hopes they drop it is getting annoying.

Are you doing 'The Repair Job' (the first Lin affinity quest)? I went to the barracks and used reward tickets to purchase energy tubes. The only puges I found in Primordia was at the camp
where you found Tatsu
, and those guys were level 45s.

Like, would it be possible to have a character that just wears sunglasses permanently throughout the whole game??

I'm probably going to get blasted for this in here... but I've been reading and watching videos of this game since release and I'm in two minds about whether or not I can get past the hideously ugly faces in the game and actually buy it.

You can unlock fashion gear settings which allow you to do that and equip better gear underneath without it showing up.

Dad

You can make it permanent. Hell, you can throw helmets on all the characters if you really wanted to.

ChrisD

Through perseverance and a bit of patience, I spent a good ten minutes finding a way to climb up the crystals around NLA. The view from the tallest crystal is freaking phenomenal.

Blues1990

Baptiejames on GameFAQs said this:

I found it at kind of a north eastern part. Took me forever to find it frankly.

Where it says Bloodpond Basin, there's a probe there, go kind of north west and follow the path round on the high ground to the right side of the area and you'll come across some paths with high level monsters. I found it on one of those paths.

Some people said that Weeping Whitewood had them but I went around there about 3 or 4 times and didn't find any. Whether it's super rare there, or it's rare everywhere and I got lucky where I got it, I'm not sure.

Awesome. Thank you both for the assistance. :)

Finally, I just have one last question, but this involve game spoilers:
After it's been discovered that the "humans" in New L.A. are actually biological androids, is that when you can new go and make further changes to your playable character? If so, where can I do it?

Raide

I'm confused about changing Soul Voices on my character. Am I changing the things my character says,thereby giving those buffs to my party members? Or am I changing them to give buffs to myself? Say I want to be a ranged class,should I be putting all my soul voices to ranged damage to give me buffs or is that helping the other characters in my party (who happen to be melee).

Its kinda you ask them for something, if they respond, you get a bonus. I am making a range focused character and they are all pretty much ranged Soul Voices.

105.Will

The Blood Sacrifice and Thirsty Edge combo is to much fun. Giving half your health so you can gain more by doing damage. its the best

cyba89

Yes you can equip glasses and also helmets. There is also a seperate 'fashion'-slot so you can equip a helmet for your characters appearance and still equip something else if it has better stats.

burgerdog

Are the tyrants hard when they're required to clear the node for survey percentage? I don't think I've found a single one or found a treasure to clear a single of those nodes.

Neku054

Neo Member

It's not like it's hard - all you need to do is provide context and/or state what point in the game you are.

Accidentally clicked on that thinking you were just talking nonsense. Especially as your post is essentially nothing but the spoiler. Nice going.

No need to get snappy/aggressive? Its already tagged properly, a spoiler tag is used for guess what.. spoilers D= but ill adjust the post just for you =]. Hope your day gets better

Hellers

Awesome. Thank you both for the assistance. :)

Finally, I just have one last question, but this involve game spoilers:
After it's been discovered that the "humans" in New L.A. are actually biological androids, is that when you can new go and make further changes to your playable character? If so, where can I do it?

I posted it earlier. It's in the OP now.

Matchew

I'm doing the repair job quest and I can't find energy tubes. Been farming the Prone base for a while and nothing. Where do these drop?

I might need to get the guide. Does it tell you where all the resources drop and from what enemies?

That's my character, he's so boss with his sunglasses

Squishy3

I'm doing the repair job quest and I can't find energy tubes. Been farming the Prone base for a while and nothing. Where do these drop?

I might need to get the guide. Does it tell you where all the resources drop and from what enemies?
They drop from the robots, not the aliens.

Falcs

Banned
You can unlock fashion gear settings which allow you to do that and equip better gear underneath without it showing up.

You can make it permanent. Hell, you can throw helmets on all the characters if you really wanted to.

Yes you can equip glasses and also helmets. There is also a seperate 'fashion'-slot so you can equip a helmet for your characters appearance and still equip something else if it has better stats.

Fucking Bawwghtt!!

Freeman76

How about you be more careful where you click, Mr Charisma

MouldyK

Played Off-TV Play for a bit.

Besides the super small text, once you remove most of the fluff from the screen, it's okay...atleast for places you already been.

I will play it the same way I played Mario 3D World.

First Time in Area? TV.

Further Adventures? TV or Gamepad.

Yes, I meant if I change Division only at the end of the game (I know I won't be doing this, it's just an example), will I be able to max its rank even if the reccomended activities have already been completed with different divisions? Seems like it, it will just be longer to achieve. So I don't have to worry about "losing" bonuses for specific divisions
BLADE level doesn't change when you switch division and divisions only become about the bonus you give to other players and Division Rewards once you're at max BLADE level.

I just have one more task before I can get my Skell License, but I'm incredibly stumped with how to complete the mission, "The Pip-Squeak". Exactly how do you board the Ma-non Ship? I don't have wings, and I can't use the transport pilot to get me up there.
Earlier in the thread someone was saying something about finding a teleporter.

jwhit28

how long does it take the frontiernav/game to mine the white cometite I'm supposed to eventually be getting? I have 3/5, jesus I just want the last two.

Took me about 2 hours. You can increase the chances by chaining similar probes and all that stuff. Just clear out some side missions while waiting.

bodine1231

Its kinda you ask them for something, if they respond, you get a bonus. I am making a range focused character and they are all pretty much ranged Soul Voices.

But if my other characters are melee focused and most of mine are yellow (ranged ability) that means I wont get that many activations.

Took me about 2 hours. You can increase the chances by chaining similar probes and all that stuff. Just clear out some side missions while waiting.

ffs. This is the last time I start an affinity quest without saving RIGHT before hand just in case bullshit like this happens again.

edit: all right different question. Anybody know where the probe location is for the upper right map of Primordia? It's not the one right before entering the new continent but to the left of it.

Zips

No need to get snappy/aggressive? Its already tagged properly, a spoiler tag is used for guess what.. spoilers D= but ill adjust the post just for you =]. Hope your day gets better

Spoilers can be different from other spoilers. Plenty of people use them for things that aren't even spoilers.

Someone could be far enough in the game to know about it, or they might not be. By giving zero context you made it impossible to tell - hence you getting asked about what part of the game your spoiler related to after the fact.

My day is perfectly fine. You're just careless.

Chaos17

I decided to finished exploring Noctilus which brough me through the upper left of the map. That's was bit odd that the monsters were low level compared to Noctilus.

But still I made a souvernir, lol

CVk88Z7UAAAlIFw.jpg:large

My Gwin is still isn't level 20, mobs were a bit low level in Noctilus and after it.

Augustiner

Neo Member
Am I correct in understanding that there are no actual audio files on the collectors edition USB drive? All I see are a bunch of windows executibles. Is it a one time run sort of thing, or do I have to permanently have this thing plugged in and running?

If I had known this, I probably wouldn't have bought it. I have no way of listening to the music as is.

nOoblet16

Uh I kind of hate how slow the dialogues are in this game, it's very archaic.

NPC speak using really long sentence, in a very monotone voice, to convey something that could have been said using far less words...then they pause for one whole second until the next sentence be it from the same NPC or a different one. The lack of any sound/music other than the dialogues make it unnatural...especially during the pauses, more so when everyone is moving/standing like a robot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom