• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astra

I decided to try out a new class. Is there any way to respec and get my BP back, or do I just have to reaccumulate them?

After swapping classes, I noticed some of my Arts are already levels 2 and 3. These were Arts I was using as a Drifter.

Kouriozan

Completed Chapter 7 at level 25, managed to defeat the boss first try, now I need to be 30 for the next Chapter, that's quite the jump in level!

Diffense

Sooo...based on the number of people who faced an early tyrant
Volkampf, The Pursuer
I guess about 80,000 people are playing the game on its first weekend out.
I'm liking the online features even though they aren't the main focus.

I feel horrible for picking a fight with a Lake Terebra.

It doesn't bother you, it's low level, it has a sad battle cry when you attack, and you shoot off both of its ears before it dies.

MilkBeard

The more I play, the more I fall in love with how beautiful this game is. The level of ambition is awe-inspiring.
It really is a beautiful game. In some ways it can compete with ps4 and xbox one games. They must have really good tech to get the most out of the system. Just imagine what monolithsoft could do with PS4....nay, the NX. Im most impressed by the fact the game runs at an almost steady 30fps.

ivysaur12

Banned
It really is a beautiful game. In some ways it can compete with ps4 and xbox one games. They must have really good tech to get the most out of the system. Just imagine what monolithsoft could do with PS4....nay, the NX. Im most impressed by the fact the game runs at an almost steady 30fps.

I'm so ready for
Baten Kaitos

El Odio

Banned
Everytime Tatsu gets a closeup it just reminds me of how much better this game looks than the original. Just completely blows my mind.

Chaos17

The small text is really bothering my nephew...he says after about an hour of looking at the gamepad and the TV back and forth also,he has to stop,his eyes hurt...

Is it really that bad...?

Yes, the text size is small, we all got closer to our tv because of that.

nOoblet16

Considering the sacrifices they've made in tech it's not so surprising. Have you noticed the amount of pop in inside the city and how close they happen ? Literally everything pops in 10 meters ahead of you including prominent objects like large vehicles and Skells. It's not noticeable as much outside the city since the outside lacks complex geometry like the city so they can use the budget to show the large beasts from afar but except for that everything gets culled. All the alpha also gets culled completely the moment it's near the camera so particles, bushes etc disappear completely the moment they are around the camera. The shadows in this game are pretty much as basic as they can get, the main character often uses blob shadows for instance..that is some sixth gen stuff there.

They have a very good art style (except characters) and they are clever in their design but the tech itself does not impress me at all because it is lacking far too much even by PS360 standards in terms of shaders, lighting and shadowing but it does have the scale and it uses it well with a very stable framerate.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Ok. So I looked in the customization screen for Soul Songs... So if I understand this correctly, the first part is what I have to do to initiate the challenge (the prompt)?

thumb

Banned
Why is there a goddamn 13-year old in my BLADE assault team? WHY? I don't care if she got gold stars on her middle school engineering exams, she does not belong in my monster-killer squad. I do not care about her opinions. And i refuse to believe she outclasses every other competent adult who could take her place. And now she's bringing along a talking potato. Rad.

I hope her character development involves learning the meaning of TRUE FRIENDSHIP!

This is, in part, why Japanese games are floundering.

So i had no idea what good the toggle auto run would be good for until i swam from Primordia to Sylvalum haha I put the controller down went to the bathroom came back and i still wasnt there but at least i didn't have to manually swim there.

El Odio

Banned
The area around Rust Lake in Noctilum, just, I don't think any game has ever given me a greater feeling of "I wish I could really go explore this place" before. The music is absolutely fantastic for the area.

Hee-ho

Neo Member
I should be doing my work but I'm loving this game too much. Had that giant level 81 multi-armed monkey come up from behind and slap me up while I was killing some Grex earlier. I can't believe I hadn't seen him around before.

etking

Banned
This game grows on you. After mediocre 16 hours and a very slow start I am beginning to love this game. Just enabled the online features and disabled all user generated spoilers, achievement spam and and Press L+A crap. Investing in a company was the only way to upgrade gear since on the first continent it is nearly impossible to find weapon drops for my class and the shop items are much better than anything I could find from monsters.

Just got the Skell license quest.

I don't think I'll be able to get it before the weekend is over though. Oh well.

Follow this guide. Done in no time.

I started my skell cert missions just over 2 hours ago. If you haven't accidentally done a lot of prep work it's going to take you a lot longer. So worth it though.

Don't do what I did and go into it without a guide. I wasted loads of time

http://www.justpushstart.com/2015/12/xenoblade-chro-skell-license/

And cheers to Hellers for the link.

ivysaur12

Banned
Its from a different interview, where he said he'd started his next project. What else is he going to be working on? (Other than Xenosaga HD Collection!)

A new IP? (ha)

I guess XB3 is as good of a guess as any, but we'll see. I still would love to see XCX cross a million, even if that seems like it'll probably be impossible, so I'd be curious to see the other stats for
Volkampf
in other regions.

It is done my good people... let XCX begin!

YV40EKx.jpg

Chaos17

Why is there a goddamn 13-year old in my BLADE assault team? WHY? I don't care if she got gold stars on her middle school engineering exams, she does not belong in my monster-killer squad. I do not care about her opinions. And i refuse to believe she outclasses every other competent adult who could take her place. And now she's bringing along a talking potato. Rad.

I hope her character development involves learning the meaning of TRUE FRIENDSHIP!

... you must have missed Rambo Clementine from TellTales Walking dead game...
You play an elementary school girl that everyone rely on her, she can even shoot the people she loves if you make her do so.

And you know what ?
That's a western game :)

No one complained and Clementine isn't the only example.
So yeah, next time, get some culture because Japanese aren't the only ones who use youngster in their game!

brinstar

I'm trying to finish the A Day In The Life affinity quest but it requires me to fight these shark monsters that are too strong for me at this point.

I don't mind being locked into affinity quests but they really should put a recommended level or something on them.

I really like these kind of quests though, they feel like laid back episodes of an anime. lol

EDIT: nvm, seems I can get the drop I need from lower level variants

Dineren

Banned
So for those of you who aren't disconnecting often in the game, what set-up do you have? Wireless or ethernet connection?

I'm on wireless, I disconnected once on Friday and haven't since with 22 hours played.

I can't believe I played that much already. I was definitely not expecting to like this as much as I do.

MihowZa

Banned
Anyone know a good places to find Puges around lvl 10-16? Need a drop for an affinity quest but I can only find one. Luckily he's right next to a fast travel point but I've done this 10 times now and no drop.

Is this an elaborate self parody?

Not that I like the trend of underage girls in Japanese games, but aren't they basically keeping a lot of franchises afloat? Dead or Alive's Marie Rose is stupudly popular

Amani

Jesus Christ, I'm level 15 and I'm already a goddamn Blast Fencer. I JUST got the ability to join squads and do affinity missions and all that shit.

Maaaaaaaaybe I should do some story stuff.

See I'm using wired (I think need to double check) and getting disconnected fairly often. Not sure if it's servers or connection but I'll try it with wireless now.

You can ditch her quick

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/09/africa/esther-okade-maths-genius/

story spoiler
Everyone is a fucking robot so yeah she can

GuySloth

Neo Member
Anyone know a good places to find Puges around lvl 10-16? Need a drop for an affinity quest but I can only find one. Luckily he's right next to a fast travel point but I've done this 10 times now and no drop.
You have the right idea, there are 3 puges every time you fast travel to that point but unfortunately that's all you'll get to farm. It took me forever to get it but you can also purchase the part you need in the barracks - each one costs 22 squad points. If your Wii U is connected you should have the points you need to just buy them. That affinity quest is ridiculous in comparison to the others and I regret picking it up first.

TheJoRu

nope nvm I'm using wireless and it's still doing this shit.

I guess it's just an issue for some folks, maybe has to do with certain servers.

This happens to me too, don't know what it's about. It's disconnecting the Wii U as a whole from the network, so may or may not be about Xenoblade. Very strange.

twothreesix

Neo Member
Every once and a while this game decides you're having too much fun and it throws progression-blocking fetch/farm/whatever-boring quests at you until you can continue. It seriously hurts an otherwise solid experience. The first Xenoblade had the same problem with filler content, but at least in that game you could mostly choose to ignore the boring stuff.

They have a very good art style (except characters) and they are clever in their design but the tech itself does not impress me at all because it is lacking far too much even by PS360 standards in terms of shaders, lighting and shadowing but it does have the scale and it uses it well with a very stable framerate.

You're right about the tech being behind in a lot of places (lighting especially), but I'm actually really impressed by how well they've budgeted their resources to support the game they wanted to make on this hardware. Even on the design side there's some smart decision making going on behind simple things, like when NPCs LOD in and out based on threat level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom