• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golnei

L's voice... I can't say I was expecting that.

I had a similar response - as irredeemably terrible as Tatsu is, I could accept it if he were the only character that grating with any sort of focus. I don't want to have to mute cutscenes on account of two characters...

Bombless

So I got my skell at around the 45 hours mark. Been having way too much fun just going around the world doing random stuff instead of sticking to the story. The upside is that I got most quests already completed the moment I took the License quest. The only thing left was getting two of the bugs from Oblivia which were promptly collected (I do not want to use guides but I made an exception for this quest).

Then I could finally look at the skell gear I had obtained until then and there was a freaking megabeam saber sitting in my inventory. 7.7k damage and has a huge AoE. 32 secs recharge and takes both back weapon slots, so there's downsides (it's a fast cooldown for swords though, most others have 40 secs cooldown). That thing is a monster. I hadn't even noticed the fact it hit multiple enemies until I went to fight some enemy mechs and started killing the soldiers in the background every time lol.

I had to run to work so I'll take my sweet time tomorrow to check all weapons/gear and come up with a good loadout. Also made it to 30 so now I can start buying skells for the rest of the team. Lin will be the first!

MilkBeard

I had a similar response - as irredeemably terrible as Tatsu is, I could accept it if he were the only character that grating with any sort of focus. I don't want to have to mute cutscenes on account of two characters...
Yeah, Tatsu is just aweful. They made him talk way too much.

Zafir

Speaking of the guide, Amazon UK have dropped the price of it to £13. Sadly it's out of stock, but good price if you don't mind waiting.

NeonZ

You can ditch her quick

You're forced to take her to most story missions and many affinity quests though (at least up to the point of the game I've seen)... I wanted to keep my party mostly using secondary characters, but it seems like the game just doesn't want that.

Edit: Also, it's kind of odd how the mute protagonist here is basically a secondary character so far. Everyone generally interacts with Elma, rather than the avatar, even for long speeches and such. There was a mission where the party reunited afterwards and everyone was randomly saying that they won only thanks to Elma, even though she didn't do anything special there in the cutscenes aside from being a party member.

But then in some sidequests, like H.B.'s 1st Affinity Quest, the mute avatar is suddenly the protagonist and people actually mostly interact with them in the cutscenes...

boiled goose

good with gravy
Does the map suck?

There's no detail in it. Doesn't save location of unopened treasure or even locations...

Also annoying that bestiary does not give u locations

Things like this force u to use a guide.

not really? also what do you think the Wii U's market is

I have to admit, I forgot how niche the Wii U is compared to the nigh universal Wii.

Xenoblade is still Japanese as fuck however. There is no way you can look at the character designs, especially characters like Lin and Tatsu or listen to the dialogue and mistake this game for a western release.

Only an asscave would mute Glorious L.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Does the map suck?

There's no detail in it. Doesn't save location of unopened treasure or even locations...

Also annoying that bestiary does not give u locations

Things like this force u to use a guide.

Add the lack of info on where camps are to change time of day...

(Tatsu sucks)

I have to admit, I forgot how niche the Wii U is compared to the nigh universal Wii.

Xenoblade is still Japanese as fuck however. There is no way you can look at the character designs, especially characters like Lin and Tatsu or listen to the dialogue and mistake this game for a western release.

The character design is where it starts and ends, open world games are also far more in tune with the west.

You have games like Fire Emblem: Awakening also doing better in NA and EU separately, and that's in theory more favorable for Japan for a variety of reasons, Nintendo games are not nearly as Japan-centric as people think they are outside the obvious exceptions.

El Odio

Banned
I actually like their VA. It's just not the sort of voice I expected >.>
Add the lack of info on where camps are to change time of day...
If you go to map view they're labeled by the clocks.

Letep

So, a few potentially dumb questions.

How do I heal party members during battle? I am on my second mission as a BLADE member.

And, how does Xenoblade Chronicles X mix in with Xenoblade Chronicles?

Thanks!

I'm loving the game even though I'm sort of clueless!

Golnei

put me in the 'likes Tatsu and L' camp. They're both funny imo

They're not bad characters, necessarily, and their actual dialogue is mostly fine - I just really don't like the direction they took for the actual voices. Tatsu voiced by Riki's actor would be far more endearing.

TheJoRu

I like Tatsu when they're not constantly going on about wanting to make baked Potatsu out of him, which is quite seldom so far.

Kinsei

Banned
I think my team is ready for a skell. Please give me one soon game.

WVW69io0MAE8EOwi_v

put me in the 'likes Tatsu and L' camp. They're both funny imo

Same. Sure I don't like Tatsu as much as Riki but he's fine.

How do I check how many credits I'm earning from a survey return? Also is there anyway to speed it along? What does the survey rate percentage even mean?

Also do I have to manually accept the money or is it automatic?

Asking because I'm on a mission where I have to earn 3K credits and I have no idea if I even can or how long it will take.

Edit: got it

I finished up with Chapter 3. I've been spending a lot of time scouting out random locations, installing probes, etc. This game remains absolutely absorbing. I looked over at the clock and it was at least an hour later than I thought it was. I'm excited to get to mess around with my party a little more now.

Blues1990

What is up with the on-going joke of Lin wanting to eat Tatsu? I get that a lot of characters in the game constantly compare Tastu to different types of food (a raddish, a potato, a hard boiled egg), but I don't understand why she wants to eat him.

On chapter 5 taking out the three targets. I'm loving this game and can't really stop playing! I can only imagine how much I'll love it once I get a skell because I'm having so much fun just auto dashing and hopping through the landscapes!

I think this is the most graphically impressive game I've seen on the Wii U from a technical standpoint.

Maybe it's stockholm syndrome but I've even beginning to get used to the NLA music.

TheMoon

Just a quick update on the Discord link for those that want to use it. Some folks in the Xenoblade Discord room have provided me with a new invite link that people can use that shouldn't expire. If TheMoon could add it to the OT as an updated link, it would be greatly appreciated. :)

vvvvvvvvvv
QUOTE POST TO SEE LINK
^^^^^^^^^^^

I'll let everyone get back to their XenoX discussions now. Promise. ^_^;

Updated OP. Thanks!

Bombless

What is up with the on-going joke of Lin wanting to eat Tatsu? I get that a lot of characters in the game constantly compare Tastu to different types of food (a raddish, a potato, a hard boiled egg), but I don't understand why she wants to eat him.

Because (spoilers for when you first meet him)
he was in a food storage can, along with other giant vegetables that look very much like nopon and he keeps insisting that he's not food.

Edit : I do agree it's slightly overdone though, it may seem as borderline obsessive but it's also true that she's supposed to be 13. I could see a kid constantly making the joke.

LProtag

I'm curious about skells in the future. Is there a point in the game where you basically have to always use a skell to fight everything you need to?

Is it ultimately your decision whether to use it or not? It feels like once you unlock them and outfit your team with them, you wouldn't have much reason to leave them.

Blues1990

Because (spoilers for when you first meet him)
he was in a food storage can, along with other giant vegetables that look very much like nopon and he keeps insisting that he's not food.

I know, the joke was sort of cute at first. But after a while, I'm starting to think she just wants to kill him in the most non-discrete way she can.

TheMoon

So, a few potentially dumb questions.

How do I heal party members during battle? I am on my second mission as a BLADE member.

And, how does Xenoblade Chronicles X mix in with Xenoblade Chronicles?

Thanks!

I'm loving the game even though I'm sort of clueless!

Both covered in the OP. Short version answers for both: Soul Voice and "not at all."

Teknoman

So just got my collectors edition today (sunday delivery?), should I just roll with friend squad, or just online squad period?

Also are all GAF squads using Discord, or is text chat ok?

Does the game seriously expect you to jump from low-mid 10's to level 50ish for chapter 5?

Because there's a whole FUCKING area in chapter 5 as you're trying to
destroy the turrets
that's filled with enemies that are way too high level.

I mean I went to a different one and enemies were low 20s, so fuck it having me grind 3 levels I can live with. But the fuck is up with the level 50ish enemies.

Vena

Does the game seriously expect you to jump from low-mid 10's to level 50ish for chapter 5?

Because there's a whole FUCKING area in chapter 5 as you're trying to
destroy the turrets
that's filled with enemies that are way too high level.

I mean I went to a different one and enemies were low 20s, so fuck it having me grind 3 levels I can live with. But the fuck is up with the level 50ish enemies.

No. There's a backdoor path to each of the targets. Look along the ridges of the cliffs, you see tunnels and paths.

burgerdog

I thought skills would carry over when you got a class to level 10? I can't find anything that can topple after the initial rank. What am I missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom