• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivysaur12

Banned
An open world RPG is going to do better in America (and most likely Europe) than in Japan, quick everyone pretend to be shocked! :p

Ha!

Given XBX has largely done similarly to the original in Japan, and the original's "release" in America + a December release, I'd be surprised if XBX didn't sell better than XBC at this point.

Chaos17

Does the game seriously expect you to jump from low-mid 10's to level 50ish for chapter 5?

Because there's a whole FUCKING area in chapter 5 as you're trying to
destroy the turrets
that's filled with enemies that are way too high level.

I mean I went to a different one and enemies were low 20s, so fuck it having me grind 3 levels I can live with. But the fuck is up with the level 50ish enemies.

Seems not, he was able to go through it (I mean his level)

Completed Chapter 7 at level 25, managed to defeat the boss first try, now I need to be 30 for the next Chapter, that's quite the jump in level!

SMgamer83

Does the game seriously expect you to jump from low-mid 10's to level 50ish for chapter 5?

destroy the turrets

I mean I went to a different one and enemies were low 20s, so fuck it having me grind 3 levels I can live with. But the fuck is up with the level 50ish enemies.

I basically played it as a stealth section, sneaking by a LOT of the mobs.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I thought skills would carry over when you got a class to level 10? I can't find anything that can topple after the initial rank. What am I missing?

Those weapons retain the Arts... So if you like your Arts, then next class choose the weapons you were using before.

FINALLY got to survey 20% of Noctilum so I can go do chapter 6.

I'll get you soon, my skell.

Those weapons retain the Arts... So if you like your Arts, then next class choose the weapons you were using before.

If I master the longsword/assault rifle class (duelist), can I retain the melee art that topples everyone? It's the one where you hit the monster with the bunt of the rifle.

Chaos17

I thought skills would carry over when you got a class to level 10? I can't find anything that can topple after the initial rank. What am I missing?

You've to master that branch class (ex : has to master Galactic knight of the second enforcer branch) to be able to use arts of that branch when you will change to another class branch. Also arts are tied by weapon.

sorry if my explanation is bad -.-

Zafir

destroy the turrets

I did a mixture of sneaking and suicide running depending on the occasion for that mission.

What pissed me off more was I kept getting electrical storms. I literally had five of them happen when I was doing the mission, which meant I had to teleport out, or try and soldier through the constant dot. The worst part was, a few of them were just as I got to the marker. :(

I think my team is ready for a skell. Please give me one soon game.

WVW69io0MAE8EOwi_v

Same. Sure I don't like Tatsu as much as Riki but he's fine.

hehe, I had a team like that for a while too. but now it's a little more bad ass

QwYxV8R.jpg

I just got to Tatsu and the ball that guides me around before I fell asleep. It's going to take me a very long time before I see the end of this game.

So far I like it but I'm having trouble reading some of the text. i don't generally like huge, open world games with choices that effect outcomes. I think multiple paths and choices are better suited for shorter games with easier replay structures but I don't think the choices here are all that important.

I probably won't get to play again until next weekend so I'm glad I have that ball thing now and hopefully I don't forget where I am and what I'm doing.

random25

So far I like it but I'm having trouble reading some of the text. i don't generally like huge, open world games with choices that effect outcomes. I think multiple paths and choices are better suited for shorter games with easier replay structures but I don't think the choices here are all that important.

Choices affect the people around you, but not the main story itself. Similar to the first Xenoblade, but a little more expanded.

Teknoman

When playing online, do you see people's NNID or their character name?

EDIT: And yeah, the text is way smaller than it needs to be.

I did a mixture of sneaking and suicide running depending on the occasion for that mission.

What pissed me off more was I kept getting electrical storms. I literally had five of them happen when I was doing the mission, which meant I had to teleport out, or try and soldier through the constant dot. The worst part was, a few of them were just as I got to the marker. :(

Feels silly as fuck having to run away from level 20+ enemies but they separated chapters 4 and 5 with like an 8 level difference. Pretty freaking big when you consider end fight of Chapter 4 was like level 14.

destroy the turrets

That one fortress with level 30+ and 50+ enemies seems to be irrelevant to that chapter. I just destroyed the three turrets myself (you have to go across the canyon for the other two).

shanafan

Probably a common question but, I am watching some Twitch streams of Xenoblade, and the characters are really tiny on screen. Can you zoom in closer?

Neoweee

Skel battles are as big of a dip in quality from on-foot as they were in Xenogears.

Please tell me that I'm forced into regular combat a lot. This is too early to mostly be ending the Class and arts mechanics.

Probably a common question but, I am watching some Twitch streams of Xenoblade, and the characters are really tiny on screen. Can you zoom in closer?

Yes, you can.

imBask

Banned
I just finished Chapter 4
the boss was very hard, I was only lvl 15

I was wondering, is there any way to find "normal" quests easily? i've run out pretty quick and now I feel like i'm pretty underpower, and basic quest only gives you 10 exp...

That one fortress with level 30+ and 50+ enemies seems to be irrelevant to that chapter. I just destroyed the three turrets myself (you have to go across the canyon for the other two).

I was able to get two of the turrets but the third one way has a bridge guarded by a giant fucking robot and people within the vicinity, and in the other side attacking one enemy aggroes anybody nearby so picking them off 1 by 1 is impossible.

Fucking awesome. Guess I'll try to suicide run it.

alvis.exe

What's the level difference needed for enemies to ignore you completely?

I'm thinking it's 10 because I'm level 22 and I just noticed that level 12 enemies aren't attacking anymore. I'm so glad that's back! Was kinda worried because it used to be like... 6 levels IIRC? Time to go running around even more like a madman!

Jims

Wow, everyone is so much farther along than me now. Just got to Noctilum in Chapter 4 and it is so gorgeous. Getting there the first time at night is the way to go. I was getting a little grumpy on the way there because I've started to notice that the game really gates off some of its miranium probe locations. There was one on a big hill with giant Level 40 Grexes on both entrance ramps telling me to go away. Shouldn't get too grumpy because it's still very open-world, but am starting to suspect that there's more of a critical path for players than I expected.

The caves in this game are a nice surprise. All of the advertisements were hyping all of the outdoor elements, but being able to go into these concealed locations is a nice change of pace.

Khort

Does the last video segment from nintendo ("survival guide") have been released? I think part 5 is about mp and found previous video really well done!

Vena

I was able to get two of the turrets but the third one way has a bridge guarded by a giant fucking robot and people within the vicinity, and in the other side attacking one enemy aggroes anybody nearby so picking them off 1 by 1 is impossible.

Fucking awesome. Guess I'll try to suicide run it.

This is the last, Southwestern most one? You don't need to suicide for it.

2 questions:

1. Is there no way to play via the gamepad only and pull up the map?

2. How do you control healing in this, I know via song but is there a way to increase its use?

dickroach

played for an hour or so, died 5 times during the prologue, got to NLA, and am now in the middle of waiting 30 minutes for this basic loading pack to DL.
totally worth the wait.

Bytes

I see the Free Report system has already devolved into people begging or trying to deceive others into marking them as a favorite.

i'm with him. Size is not the same thing as graphics, it's huge and cool to look at... but the graphics and animations (especially during the cinematics) are straight garbage
Vistas are amazing to look at. Town and character models are pretty brutal.

Choreography of cutscenes is pretty painful too. So I understand where you guys are coming from.

Luckily most of your time should be spent out wandering in the good parts!

Miracle

Got my game today.

So I've been pretty blacked out on all the gameplay from start to finish. Is there ANYTHING I should know before I start so that I don't have to feel like I'm missing something later on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom