• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Figured out the recustomization and went ahead and did it.

Long story short they REALLY don't want you to recustomize lol they hide it behind this easily missable sidequest/basic quest combo and then
hide the location completely off and you have to go at a specific time.

And for those curious, you don't get more options. Kind of a disappointment, would've preferred if they gave more beard options.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Quick question, can you miss quests like you could on XenoWii? Or I can play them happily later on?

As far a know there are no timed quests, now if quests become unavailable if you do another quest before it, I have no idea.

rhandino

Banned
I wonder if the games manages to sell really well in the west they could add QoL patches for some of the most requested features or DLC areas...

Probably not, oh wel...

--

Quick question, can you miss quests like you could on XenoWii? Or I can play them happily later on?
No, from what I gathered there are not timed or missable sidequests...

Juster

Neo Member
16 hours later and this game is so good. Really taking it all in and it's just so much fun to explore and do what you want. Just completed chapter 4 and going to take a break. Can't wait to go back. Also any new players read the manual. That can't be said enough. From TV in battles to soul voice it has helped a ton.

I wonder if the games manages to sell really well in the west they could add QoL patches for some of the most requested features or DLC areas...

Probably not, oh wel...

--

Given how long ago this came out in Japan and word the Monolith is already working on their next project, I'd imagine most, if not the whole team has been reassigned by now.

Unless X is still getting regular patches and updates in Japan. Anyone know?

SalvaPot

As far a know there are no timed quests, now if quests become unavailable if you do another quest before it, I have no idea.

Probably not, oh wel...

--

Thank you!
Now to start Chapter 4.

About 10 hours in. Finished Chapter 3 and really just enjoying the freedom of exploring. What an amazing game. Wish there were a few things different, but once you get used to those things it been absolutely amazing. I keep wanting to fight one more monster or do one more thing, lol.

Blues1990

If there is one thing that I wished was patched in, was the option to adjust the volume of the game's soundtrack.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the soundtrack for this game...Until the music starts drowning out the dialogue in the game's cutscenes. Speaking of which, is the game also poorly mixed on it's original Japanese release, or is this just an American/European thing?

I'm level 23... haven't upgraded armor since start. <.>

Jelly, because I'm going crazy trying to figure out the best placement of my probes around my map (realized it costs me money before I saved thank god and reloaded) to get more of the mining resources to upgrade the arms companies. Got two of them to level 2 and it unlocked their light armor series.

Hopefully I can unlock the heavy armor set for both at level 3, which is what happened to the other one.

random25

I'm sad that my busy schedule impedes my progress with this game. I'm still like in chapter 3 while everybody is far far away now lol.

Can't wait for the holidays for some more free time.

MihowZa

Banned
PrimaGuide is embarrassingly worthless. What's the point of listing the quests with zero information on how to complete it?

Chaos17

Given how long ago this came out in Japan and word the Monolith is already working on their next project, I'd imagine most, if not the whole team has been reassigned by now.

Unless X is still getting regular patches and updates in Japan. Anyone know?

Which making me sad.
I would buy DLCs for this game!

Just went to Noctilum for the first time. It's gorgeous, and very different from Primordia. Excellent.

Same, I just love that place.

Vena

haha for real? surprised you've been getting that far then

I'm still running around in Survivor specs from the very first time the shop opened. I can't be assed to look through all the random shit I get as drops or through funding AMs. I have been upgrading weapons, however.

I am reaching a breaking point, though, since Elma and Lin are melting fast. Only reason I am getting this far is because I can insta-gib solo encounters for anything that isn't two times+ my size. I cannot finish certain quests at the moment because the monsters would wreck my shit in one aoe hit.

Also I still haven't died.

El Odio

Banned
Started exploring Oblivia for a big after having trouble with the chapter 4 boss when suddenly the weather (?)sleep started killing me. Definitely loved what I saw there though.

The same people did work on this as you can tell from the opening cutscene, I mean, look at the mech battles, its just that since this game is bigger and therefore longer, aswell as affinity quests getting more attention, they have to spread it out more, xenoblade had a plethora of cutscenes of characters just standing around with lips that didn't sync even in the Japanese version, with probably even worse animation.
I don't remember that many really lame story ones, but I guess it makes sense. For silly sidequest stuff, Xenoblade resorted to speech bubbles and no voice acting. For this game, a ton of those sidequests have voice acting...

Dunno about side missions, but if you open the menu and select "Party" you'll see an option for "Class" there. Once you max out your starting class you can switch between the unlocked classes at any time. Mechanical skill and the like you can raise when your BLADE level goes up which, along with online squads, gets explained as you progress the story.

Thanks. I knew that but thought they would eventually point it out. Oh well.

I did it GAF. I got my skell before the weekend ended.

TpQtD9T.jpg

It's glorious.

I'm still running around in Survivor specs from the very first time the shop opened. I can't be assed to look through all the random shit I get as drops or through funding AMs. I have been upgrading weapons, however.

I am reaching a breaking point, though, since Elma and Lin are melting fast. Only reason I am getting this far is because I can insta-gib solo encounters for anything that isn't two times+ my size. I cannot finish certain quests at the moment because the monsters would wreck my shit in one aoe hit.

Also I still haven't died.

still keeping up that no death run eh?

well you should probably upgrade your stuff then :p

Shame to hear about the guide... Mine is arriving tomorrow. :(

Do they at least get detailed on Normal and Affinity quests? I'm not expecting the Basic missions to have any information really.

MihowZa

Banned
So basically it's waste of money? My order is still in progress so maybe I will try to cancel it...

I would love my money back. It looks nice. The maps are good. Some of the story / affinity quests are given some information but my first affinity quest was A New Rival and only half the quest is in the guide.

foxuzamaki

So I decided to take a real look at my custom thumbstick and realized how cool it actually looks lol

Codeblue

I just spent the last 12 hours playing this game. This hasn't happened to me in ages.

I'm in love with pretty much everything except the lower level quests and character design, but it's Monolith so that wasn't really what I bought this game for. Still a little overwhelmed with the amount of stuff they throw at you at the beginning, but I'm getting the hang of it.

foxuzamaki

I cant wait to see all the youtube vids of level 50 players taking on level 90 super bosses, the he combat system seems even more flexible in that regard.

Ventara

Anyone have some quick and easy tips for battle? Right now, my battle tactics involve using all skills as quick as possible, and I pretty much randomly assign points to whichever skills sound cool.

Mupod

My money was piling up close to the 2 million mark and I just hit 25 so I figured I might as well buy some gear for the first time since the game started. I've almost got two maxed-out AMs too. This game REALLY rewards people who like exploring.

I also messed around with crafting. Holy crap these +TP gems seem like they'd be really ridiculous once I figure out how to actually use overdrive mode properly. Too bad I just ran out of weekend...but I took Wednesday off so whatever.

I'm not sure why I should even equip TP spenders anymore. I'd rather just go crazy and unload 20k+ on something in overdrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom