• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished chapter 5 around 20ish hours and getting so excited to buy / earn my skell! So far, I think holding it off like an airship from other RPGs was a good idea. Even after I get it I'll still have to get the flying kit which will probably be just as exciting. This game is quickly becoming one of my favorites. I'm also happy 8-4 injected some humor into the dialog since there's SO much to read. Xenoblade Chronicles quest text was pretty boring.

Oh, and I don't know what kinda crack everyone who's complaining is on, but this game is the best looking game on the Wii U.

Here's my MC
rODi9U2.jpg

Teknoman

How often is it that we got money/resources from our probes again? Every hour?

Also for those who have gotten skells, does upgrades their armor/weaponry/look cost money or do you have to build it using resources?

Melee class also has the rogue/commando class which is pretty fun imho. You stay to the back and side of enemies and use your special skills. Later on it gets more complicated with moves to halve your HP to gain more TP and do special skills and stuff.

Yeah I wasnt aware this game had classes until messing around in the menu just now. Total blackout, but they've also got names like Samurai Gunner too? Are there any co-op mission exclusive bosses?

I dont think i've unlocked TP stuff yet, or at least Elma hasnt said anything. Barely getting part that first Grex pack mini boss battle though.

Just finished chapter 5 around 20ish hours and getting so excited to buy / earn my skell! So far, I think holding it off like an airship from other RPGs was a good idea. Even after I get it I'll still have to get the flying kit which will probably be just as exciting. This game is quickly becoming one of my favorites. I'm also happy 8-4 injected some humor into the dialog since there's SO much to read. Xenoblade Chronicles quest text was pretty boring.

Oh, and I don't know what kinda crack everyone who's complaining is on, but this game is the best looking game on the Wii U.

Here's my MC

Looks like an original Xenosaga character!

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I believe I have gotten to the part where the game fully opens up as alot of sidequests and such have opened up and they just dumped whole bunch of info on me and allowed me to join a squad, but one thing im kinda worried is I didn't really find much gear for elma and lin atleast through this tutorial, by this point in the original xenoblade, absolutely nobody had their original gear.

Evilkazz

Banned
Finally finish the 8 part mission to get skell.

• Get to test drive it
  • NLA night theme starts playing
  • OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH
  • "Tell me what you waannntt. . ."

This game can be magical sometimes.
qhrlpo.gif

aravuus

I think my team is ready for a skell. Please give me one soon game.

WVW69io0MAE8EOwi_v

These three look so much like KH BBS characters that if I didn't know any better, I'd think someone managed to mod Aqua and Terra in

Especially the left one. I can just see them pulling a keyblade out of their ass.

Ah cool. I wish there was a section in the gamepad that showed you how much money/resources you've earned recently. Because then I could leave my screen on something else and just check the gamepad.

Was in front of one of the restaurants. just look for question marks in front of restaurants/cafes and it should be one of them. I think it was in the far north side-ish so look for question marks around there.

no luck does not show on map

did Jo at the cafe who
broke the freezer
and the guy with the car trouble

cannot find anymore question marks anywhere near that area

foxuzamaki

btw how do you you get more color palettes for your barracks? im already tired of the black and white.

Getting all my Arms Manufacturers atm to level 3 to unlock their heavy armor variant.

I'm curious what unlocks at level 4 because to get there you need like multiples if 10k mining resources.

no luck does not show on map

did Jo at the cafe who
broke the freezer
and the guy with the car trouble

cannot find anymore question marks anywhere near that area

Are you certain you need it? It spawns when you are preparing for chapter 5 at the least. So check then, since you NEED to do it before that chapter. If it didn't spawn you either need to search harder or it's glitched.

Squishy3

Getting all my Arms Manufacturers atm to level 3 to unlock their heavy armor variant.

I'm curious what unlocks at level 4 because to get there you need like multiples if 10k mining resources.
the one i got to level 4 said it added new armor augments to the armor, but no clue if it retroactively applies to armor you've already bought

aravuus

PrimaGuide is embarrassingly worthless. What's the point of listing the quests with zero information on how to complete it?

Lmao yeah, at first I was happy with it since I only used it to find collectables, which it's great for, but it seems to be more or less shit for everything else. Tried to look up info on the quest I was stuck at - literally nothing, just listed the objectives. Gee, thanks. Tried to look up the location of an enemy I need to kill to get mat drops - literally just "Noctilum". Gee, thanks, that's fucking helpful and very specific.

It's only 10 bucks though, so I suppose it's worth it for the collectable stuff.

So I had my collectors exchanged cause the usb came damaged. Now the new one doesnt even gets recognized on my pc, and the case didnt include the reversible cover.

the one i got to level 4 said it added new armor augments to the armor, but no clue if it retroactively applies to armor you've already bought

armor augments? As in more bonuses to the armor currently in the store? I wish somebody had the level progression somewhere around here.

For most it seems to be

Lvl 1: Basic AM bringings

Lvl 2: Armor type (probably light/medium) and maybe more weapons

Lvl 3: Heavy armor and maybe more weapons

Lvl 4: ????

I assume lvl 4 is the max but I guess I won't figure it out til I start maxing some of these out.

Kinsei

Banned
armor augments? As in more bonuses to the armor currently in the store? I wish somebody had the level progression somewhere around here.

For most it seems to be

I assume lvl 4 is the max but I guess I won't figure it out til I start maxing some of these out.

I can confirm that level 4 is not the max as I still have the option level Sakuraba Industries further. I assume level 5 is the max just like the field skills.

Blues1990

With regards to purchasing armour, either for your party members or for your mechs, does it matter what weight/armour class they are? (For example, with Elma favouring light armour, should she have a light-class mech?)

Teknoman

Pressing L while fighting an enemy will give true lock on. Pressing right stick in = appendage lock, which is helpful if you want to destroy body parts...but I dunno if there is only one appendage that can be destroyed on certain enemies?

How can you tell what class an item requires?

aravuus

For most it seems to be

Level 5 is max. I recall levels 4 and 5 adding Skell stuff and better stuff in general, no idea what the latter actually is.

Pressing L while fighting an enemy will give true lock on. Pressing right stick in = appendage lock, which is helpful if you want to destroy body parts...but I dunno if there is only one appendage that can be destroyed on certain enemies?

Some have one, some have none. Some have a ton. Depends on the enemy.

Effect

There is something maddening about how the game instructs you on where you can go. There are paths for where you can and should be going in the game based on the level of the enemies and if they will attack you on sight. Stray from this path and you will be punished if you're not the right level. You can try sneaking past things but ultimately there is always a easier and just less frustrating path. Interesting thing I realized, and I didn't notice this until I got to Noctilum is that when you die and respawn at a landmark it points you in the direction you should be going in. At least that's what it seems like. I don't remember if the Wii game did that or not.

It makes me really appreciate just how linear Xenoblade on the Wii was. You had wide open spaces like here but nothing as punishing as here. I don't mind it at all. I like that I have to be careful about where I go. That there are areas and creatures I have to make a note of to come to an area later in the game when I'm stronger. I like that there appears to be a living ecosystem where certain creatures have picked out their own corner of the landmass and are just there. I wish they actually interacted though. I like that those that would be and should be territorial are like that. There is a section in the north west of Primordia where I was trying to get to a mining node that had bridges you had to cross to get the area. It's completely being protected by these large Grexes. They are level 40s at the bridges. Behind them are a group of 50s. I'm really curious now what else is beyond them. What are they protecting. I can't in that area because.

Like Xenoblade on the Wii you just have these random Tyrants just roaming around. You enemies that re level 12, 15, 20, 21, then a level 95 that is hostile is roaming around minding it's own business.

I can confirm that level 4 is not the max as I still have the option level Sakuraba Industries further. I assume level 5 is the max just like the field skills.

Level 5 is max. I recall levels 4 and 5 adding Skell stuff and better stuff in general, no idea what the latter actually is.

Some have one, some have none. Some have a ton. Depends on the enemy.

All right thanks guys. I'll go with the assumption that level 4 and 5 add improved gear and different skell armor.

I'm hoping I can unlock a lot of the added armor before I make my first skell purchase (and likely give the old skell to one of my teammates).

Didn't realize there was an appendage lock, thanks bud. As someone who is usually facing the tail/rear, I always struggle aiming for that vs the main body.

rockx4

Can't find some FN sites for the life of me, I've searched everywhere in the segments... are there sites for probes that are in caves?

random25

There is something maddening about how the game instructs you on where you can go. There are paths for where you can and should be going in the game based on the level of the enemies and if they will attack you on sight. Stray from this path and you will be punished if you're not the right level. You can try sneaking past things but ultimately there is always a easier and just less frustrating path. Interesting thing I realized, and I didn't notice this until I got to Noctilum is that when you die and respawn at a landmark it points you in the direction you should be going in. At least that's what it seems like. I don't remember if the Wii game did that or not.

It makes me really appreciate just how linear Xenoblade on the Wii was. You had wide open spaces like here but nothing as punishing as here. I don't mind it at all. I like that I have to be careful about where I go. That there are areas and creatures I have to make a note of to come to an area later in the game when I'm stronger. I like that there appears to be a living ecosystem where certain creatures have picked out their own corner of the landmass and are just there. I wish they actually interacted though. I like that those that would be and should be territorial are like that. There is a section in the north west of Primordia where I was trying to get to a mining node that had bridges you had to cross to get the area. It's completely being protected by these large Grexes. They are level 40s at the bridges. Behind them are a group of 50s. I'm really curious now what else is beyond them. What are they protecting. I can't in that area because.

Like Xenoblade on the Wii you just have these random Tyrants just roaming around. You enemies that re level 12, 15, 20, 21, then a level 95 that is hostile is roaming around minding it's own business.

It's practically the same for Xenoblade on Wii. On Bionis' Leg for example, I did a detour of going to the upper areas by passing by the cave full of lvl.70+ spiders and caterpillars instead of passing through the bridge. Going by the set path laid out by the guide marker lets you go easily to the designated areas while straying away lets you wander and encounter dangerous monsters but that's what makes both Xenoblade fun.

Can't find some FN sites for the life of me, I've searched everywhere in the segments... are there sites for probes that are in caves?

yeah some sites are in caves, or even in places you wouldn't think of. There's one in the main area that I am standing right where it should be, look everywhere, look in the lower level and can't find it for the life of me. Until I looked up and realized there's a HUGE rocky/mountain formation that I could never reach outside of flying skells.

I'll be one of the few to say this, but I fucking love this games soundtrack... It's not Xenoblade Chronicles good, but it's awesome in its own right. But then again, I'm a huge fan of Attack on Titan, Aldnoah.Zero, Kill La Kill, etc. because of their soundtracks.

Fun fact: Sawano finished working on this game back in 2012. He worked on XenoX after Guilty Crown, and before working on Attack on Titan, Kill la kill, Aldnoah Zero, etc...

I was wondering why some of the music, including the title music, sounded familiar

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

heh, been wondering if there was some other locking system, as the lock target didn't seem to specify any limb/tail. Thanks for the info.

Malus

The text dialogue from various NPCs and Affinity stuff has been a good deal better than the story missions so far, though I'm only through chapter 4.

So, does talking to people with a name unlock subquests like it did in Xenoblade? I can see their relationships but that's it, afterall I'm a Pathfinder so I shouldn't care that much.

So, does talking to people with a name unlock subquests like it did in Xenoblade? I can see their relationships but that's it, afterall I'm a Pathfinder so I shouldn't care that much.

I have no clue, I see people with names all of the time and I'm curious what their use is. I mean outside of the ones with question marks on their head. I'm thinking it doesn't matter.

anaron

Here's my MC

oh wow, I really love yours! the eyes look especially great.

Someone earlier said that probes give their resources every 30 minutes. I don't think that's right, I've left my character waiting in the city for a while now and nothing.

dickroach

so I've been playing for like 2 hrs (feel like I've literally done barely anything) and I'm just wondering... is there a substitute for real combat?

wiiu_screenshot_gamep44jzk.jpg

it's the handshake icon, not a question mark.

Are you certain you need it? It spawns when you are preparing for chapter 5 at the least. So check then, since you NEED to do it before that chapter. If it didn't spawn you either need to search harder or it's glitched.

OH

looks like I need Irena got to go find her

aravuus

Someone earlier said that probes give their resources every 30 minutes. I don't think that's right, I've left my character waiting in the city for a while now and nothing.

It is 30 minutes, but I think the game has to be "active" or something. I left my console on overnight and I only got one miranium and funds return - I think it stops giving them out when your pad's screen dims.

Maybe. Cause on another night, it did give me hours' worth of funds just sitting there. It's really weird.

Also it only counts down when you're running around or you're in a part of the menu where the game's still active. Arts, skills menus, dialogue boxes etc seem to stop the counter.

Miranium restocks from probes every hour, not every half hour. Confirmed by waiting like a motherfucker for more. Makes sense too haha, if not you'd be maxing out these AMs really fucking quick.

It is 30 minutes, but I think the game has to be "active" or something. I left my console on overnight and I only got one miranium and funds return - I think it stops giving them out when your pad's screen dims.

Maybe. Cause on another night, it did give me hours' worth of funds just sitting there. It's really weird.

Also it only counts down when you're running around or you're in a part of the menu where the game's still active. Arts, skills menus, dialogue boxes etc seem to stop the counter.

Well shit. Guess I just gotta press the joystick every now and then and test it out then.

What does the purple symbol mean for enemy detection. Is it one where they will join in if there's a battle nearby? In the original there was ether.

foxuzamaki

So how's your guys success rate with tyrants so far, so far im 2-0, defeated one that was like 4 levels higher than me, I was in pure elation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom