• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I hated doing puzzle rooms with her because she says the stupidest stuff ever.

Lord Hoppington is not stupid. :mad:

Also, holy lord, the more you start to hop around, and the less you're redoing the early part of the game, the better the game gets. LOOOOOORD things have kicked into high gear.

Yeah, its really annoying. 3DS version is the inferior version.

I'm very impressed with the Vita version. I totally expected it to have better IQ, but worse everything else.

Torraz

2.5 hours into the game. Loving it, except for all the block puzzles, grrrr.

Do gold files contain the knowledge of silver files as well?

jiggles

Banned
For my first real ending last night (Dio)

As soon as it went outside, my first thought was "Oh, the game's taking place on one of the moons of Mars". And since then, I've seen a few things point towards that. The red "moon" thing for the lunar eclipse, I didn't buy anyway. But when they started saying things like "I don't remember seeing the moon this big before" it's starting to point to it not being the moon.

On my current game, I spoke to G-OLM and Sigma said "yeah, and I'm an astronaut" sarcastically, and the android replied with "right you are", laughing.

So my crazy theory so far is that it's on a moon of Mars, and Phi and Sigma (and maybe everyone else) are androids or something, which is how they'll explain the "past cycle knowledge" with it being a repeatedly running simulation.

Kazerei

Banned
Yeah, its really annoying. 3DS version is the inferior version.

Yep! The only downside to the Vita version it's damn near impossible to write memos with fingers. Which is easily solved with a capacitive stylus or real and paper. Tapping items and touching buttons is fine on the capacitive touchscreen.

Venfayth

Yep! The only downside to the Vita version it's damn near impossible to write memos with fingers. Which is easily solved with a capacitive stylus or real and paper. Tapping items and touching buttons is fine on the capacitive touchscreen.

Yeah. I used notepad :p minus a few puzzles where easy diagrams sufficed.

Eusis

Well, dragging to the sides is a pain too, but that sucked on the 3DS as well and had it been handled differently (placing your finger and dragging it around, like using a web browser on a capacitive screen) it'd be a different story, and L/R tend to do the job just fine to compensate.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Well, dragging to the sides is a pain too, but that sucked on the 3DS as well and had it been handled differently (placing your finger and dragging it around, like using a web browser on a capacitive screen) it'd be a different story, and L/R tend to do the job just fine to compensate.

Yeah I haven't bothered with any of the touch controls besides the ones required for puzzles and notes since I just use the buttons for everything. o:

Ostinatto

guys, im in the second room

infirmary, i just have the escape key, now i want to have the second password, but the only clue i have is that piece of newspaper "radical 6 infection spreads, cure continues to elude authorities", im on the right path? or i need to find another clue?

thanks, great game.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion

I've gotten used to writing them with my finger. It's not great, but everything else makes up for it.

Eusis

Quark's ending isn't very...
Quarky.
I've said it before, but
Tenmyouji's ending is a better Quark ending than Quark's. Almost feels like the ending exists just to show us that card (and to show off one of the more vicious ways to escape death from the bracelet).

I've said it before, but
Tenmyouji's ending is a better Quark ending than Quark's. Almost feels like the ending exists just to show us that card (and to show off one of the more vicious ways to escape death from the bracelet).

That ending
exists to show how much of a badass Sigma can be.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
13 hours straight.......

The only real ending I got is Dio's, while the other path I traversed got their end blocked by: puzzle I had NO idea how to get the answer to
(the password of the two lion log-in screen)
and various seemingly unsolvable situation
(how to keep K and Phi alive and the lack of medicine for both Quark and Alice)
. I assume by going through the other path I can find the solution for all those problems? No spoiler please, hahah....

Getting through the Crew Quarters just fine this time... I made sure not to make saves in puzzle rooms. I am dreading the time when I need to go through the PEC though.... fuck it I think I am just going to blitz to the safe with the passwords I see on puzzle guides to bypass all the shenanigans...

I am legitimately scared by the PEC room right now... I don't know if I have the will to continue on if the game crashed there and my save got corrupted somehow........ It should be okay if I don't save there but... still, I am rather scared.

Oh, horray for my first post blackbarring, hahahah.

Jintor

I don't know if I want to anagram generator the words in the second warehouse or leave it for the game to tell me.

Nineth, eh?

Even more fun than actually playing the game is reading the theories presented by people who are still in the middle of playing the game after you've finished.

Tagg9

I am legitimately scared by the PEC room right now... I don't know if I have the will to continue on if the game crashed there and my save got corrupted somehow........ It should be okay if I don't save there but... still, I am rather scared.

Your save will only get corrupted if you try to save while in the PEC room. Save just before and you'll be fine. It actually just crashed while I was solving a puzzle in the room, but I just loaded it and it was fine (though obviously a pain to go through the room again).

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Your save will only get corrupted if you try to save while in the PEC room. Save just before and you'll be fine. It actually just crashed while I was solving a puzzle in the room, but I just loaded it and it was fine (though obviously a pain to go through the room again).

Has there been any indication that this glitch will be fixed? Has anyone officially said anything about it?

Roto13

You're like the Amir0x of glitch panicking.

Omikaru

I don't know if I want to anagram generator the words in the second warehouse or leave it for the game to tell me.

Nineth, eh?

I think it's too big a phrase for any anagram solver to do on its own. Generally it's an iterative process, so you find a word, and then it carries on processing, minus the letters from the word you picked, until it runs out of letters. Sadly, there's thousands of words that could be made from the original string of text, so it'd be quicker for you to just finish the game than to solve it yourself!

And that's probably for the best. It's not a mindblowing revelation, but I found it quite important, and it may give away what's going on if you know it earlier than you should.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
You're like the Amir0x of glitch panicking.

I am sorry but what the hell is your problem man?

Is it seriously that hard to understand how I am somewhat afraid of seeing my save got corrupted again seeing that it has already happened to me once? Is it that hard to understand how I don't want to lose all of my hardwork and save got lost due to a goddamn glitch/crash that are known to happen to many people?

I am sorry, but seriously, what the hell is your problem? It seems like you are just jeering and leering at me for no goddamn reason whatsoever. Just put me in your ignore list or something if me posting my concerns in here bother you that much.

Don't really seem like much a laughing banana, does he?

I'm just like this since I really like 999 and this game is one of the biggest reasons why I bought 3DS in the first place, so forgive my... acting like this... since I have been looking forward to this game for God knows how long.

And the fact that I got my save corrupted too before doesn't exactly help my confidence here.

FSLink

Banned

This. Though it does apply in other puzzle rooms as well. I got it to crash my save in the Galeum Bay puzzle.

Roto13

I am sorry but what the hell is your problem man?

Is it seriously that hard to understand how I am somewhat afraid of seeing my save got corrupted again seeing that it has already happened to me once? Is it that hard to understand how I don't want to lose all of my hardwork and save got lost due to a goddamn glitch/crash that are known to happen to many people?

I am sorry, but seriously, what the hell is your problem? It seems like you are just jeering and leering at me for no goddamn reason whatsoever. Just put me in your ignore list or something if me posting my concerns in here bother you that much.

It's just really annoying to see people being dramatic about video games on the internet. Like, seriously. Chill out. It's pathetic. Extra pathetic because you KNOW what causes your save to get corrupted, and you KNOW it's easy to avoid but you still want to bitch and cry.

Gaaaaaaaaah, I think I'm being too soft with these people. I feel like I can’t trust any of these assholes anymore!

The only one that seems completely trust worthy at this point is
Luna, but I can see her ending up being Zero! -_-

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
It's just really annoying to see people being dramatic about video games on the internet. Like, seriously. Chill out. It's pathetic. Extra pathetic because you KNOW what causes your save to get corrupted, and you KNOW it's easy to avoid but you still want to bitch and cry.

Fuck it, just don't reply to my post if it bothers you that much. And last I check this topic is not reserved for your convenience only so lay off.

I bought this game with amount of money that is not small where I live, and I work hard to get that money. 40 bucks may seem a pocket change to you, but its definitely not that case to me. Counting the fact that I also worked my ass off for the 3DS and this game was specifically one of the biggest reasons why I bought the system in the first place.

So forgive me if I am being a little dramatic here due to this problem.

And FYI cursory search on the problems on the net suggests that people do get their save corrupted during crash on novel sections, so of course I am fucking wary for the possibility of the game corrupting my save even if everything seems safe. 20 hours or so effort getting slashed off due to a problem that is exactly not my fault is not a problem to sneeze at.

Figured i'd ask here. Just picked up 999 today and am curious how long it is on average. I picked it up for me and my dad to play, but sadly it only has one save file. I want to run through 999 and give it to him as a gift when i'm done.

Anyway, as soon as I get my $20 from PSN this games mine too.

Kazerei

Banned
Figured i'd ask here. Just picked up 999 today and am curious how long it is on average. I picked it up for me and my dad to play, but sadly it only has one save file. I want to run through 999 and give it to him as a gift when i'm done.

Anyway, as soon as I get my $20 from PSN this games mine too.

If you just want to see the true ending, probably 10 hours. There's three other endings, which are interesting, but not essential.

UberTag

If you just want to see the true ending, probably 10 hours. There's three other endings, which are interesting, but not essential.
I would argue that they're plenty essential.
Really, the only path that isn't essential is the coffin path.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I find Phi so damn adorable~
A60X7bJCMAEDLGf.jpg

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
You know what, Roto13, if you are reading this, I meant what I said in my previous post and I don't want to edit it in any way but I honestly feel bad about it right now.

You know what, I apologize. Come to think of it, me posting about my concerns about the game crashing/freezing/corrupting my save can be annoying to some posters here and the last thing I want is to annoy people in this thread.

So I will be quiet about it right now even if I happen to get my save corrupted again. God knows if it happens I will just grit my teeth and plow forward yet again anyway since I love the 999 universe so much.

Hopefully this current run of mine will see no problem occurring and I can finish the game in full completion without severe problems.

So! Once again I apologize to you and to any other people who may also feel annoyed to my concerns about this game corrupting my save. I will rejoin the discussion later if/when I unlock more/all the endings since I know (hope) that my sufficiently mind-blowned mind later will not be satisfied in keeping all the thoughts to myself, hahaha.

Jintor

The Security Room (specifically, the safe solution) is creeping me the fuck out.

I have a bad feeling about this...

Omikaru

I find Phi so damn adorable~
A60X7bJCMAEDLGf.jpg
Man, I love Phi. Probably my favourite character in the game. I was grumbling in the spoiler thread about how I couldn't have a certain avatar because of its major spoilerific properties, but I'm seriously considering relinquishing Korra and making this my new one.

I WAS YOU WILL BE ME

SHE KNOWS EVERYTHING
Oh wow. I forgot about that bit.

Top Bottom