• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

Omikaru

I'm still not 100% sure who "she" refers to.. It can be one of a few different people....

Yeah, but I was more talking about the "I WAS YOU WILL BE ME" bit, really. It's so obvious now I know better, but I never really thought much of it when I first saw it.

gotten half the endings at this point, & any concerns i had about these guys attempting to follow up what i thought was a perfect little game that didn't really need a sequel have been thoroughly & utterly blown to hell :) . this game's fucking brilliant (& i pity the fools who somehow manage to pass on it)...

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
AHH THE REC ROOM AHHHHHHHHHHH

You know, the most WTF moment for me so far is my first exiting the Gaulem Room after I completed the puzzle there.

I thought I am prepared to see whatever craziness the game would throw at me but I certainly didn't expect.... that.

Oh, and playing the game in 13 successive hours makes me kind of want to punch anyone who thought that blip blip blip dots moving through the map blip blip blip opening the elevator door getting up getting down blip blip blip routine is a good idea.

Kazerei

Banned
Oh, and playing the game in 13 successive hours makes me kind of want to punch anyone who thought that blip blip blip dots moving through the map blip blip blip opening the elevator door getting up getting down blip blip blip routine is a good idea.

Yep. I'm fine with the dot moving around the map, but do we really need to watch the doors opening too? *sigh*

FSLink

Banned
Fuck me.
I totally forgot that the 3DS has a "Game Notes" feature.
Would have been useful before I completed the game.

Vibed

Fuck me.
I totally forgot that the 3DS has a "Game Notes" feature.
Would have been useful before I completed the game.

Yup, that's what I used to note down the major codes for endings. All puzzle solving was done in game with plenty of space!

Yep. I'm fine with the dot moving around the map, but do we really need to watch the doors opening too? *sigh*
With every fiber of my being, I loathe whoever it was that made the design decision to show us the doors opening and the blinking dot every single time. WHYYYYY.

Jintor

I have a reporter's pad i always keep with me. Maybe I should take a picture of my fevered scribblings.

Just got stuck for five minutes because I forgot the order of operations in basic multiplication, lol

Just finished the game. WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW. Volume 3 now please.

Anyone who is on the fence, drop everything and play this. (After you've played 999 of course.)

To the spoiler thread! :D

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't know this since I already ended up getting all the gold files my first playthrough, but apparently it's required to beat each puzzle room on hard to unlock the extra ending after the true end. So if anyone's playing on easy, make sure to go back and redo every room on hard to see everything the game has to offer.

Venfayth

Didn't know this since I already ended up getting all the gold files my first playthrough, but apparently it's required to beat each puzzle room on hard to unlock the extra ending after the true end. So if anyone's playing on easy, make sure to go back and redo every room on hard to see everything the game has to offer.

Yup, this is true.

If you have a Vita you'll know you've seen all of the story once you get the trophy: A Certain Point of View

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
The flowchart is a pretty powerful spoiler tool on its own, huh. I mean, since the Ally option is always on the left and the Betray option is always on the right... so during an AB game if I see on the flow chart the left path is only two blocks and the right one is comprised of many blocks, then I will now before the event even transpire that by choosing ally Sigma will be fucked by his opponent.

Ridley327

The flowchart is a pretty powerful spoiler tool on its own, huh. I mean, since the Ally option is always on the left and the Betray option is always on the right... so during an AB game if I see on the flow chart the left path is only two blocks and the right one is comprised of many blocks, then I will now before the event even transpire that by choosing ally Sigma will be fucked by his opponent.

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Tagg9

Yeah... they obviously realized this during production and, uh, changed some things.

Jintor

Chalk up another TBC. *sigh*

The Ambidex game makes it really hard for me to fork paths. I hate betraying people :T

Roubjon

So I've been playing this all day and holy shit it's getting sooooooo good.

I've gotten the main K, Clover, and Dio endings so far and wow. The way the game has you learn new things about the story throughout all of the endings, only to have you go back to the to be continued ones and apply that new knowledge is fucking awesome. It's like what they did with 999 but way better.

And wow at the K reveal. Finding out that K is a clone of Sigma is crazy because of all the other information mention about clones and K's history. Everything is falling into place at this point, but there is still so much stuff I don't know. Now I'm desperate for more answers so I have no choice but to keep playing.

Neiteio

Just finished the game. WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW. Volume 3 now please.

Anyone who is on the fence, drop everything and play this. (After you've played 999 of course.)

To the spoiler thread! :D
Hey everyone, Neiteio here -- guy who started that massive 999 recommendation thread. Still haven't gotten around to VLR yet, and I'll tell you why -- well, I'm a little concerned about that glitch, but the main reason is 999 completely consumed a busy weekend and the office hasn't exactly let up, so I'm afraid VLR would take over my mind again, lol. Glad to see it's delivering, though. :)

Roubjon

Well, I've clocked in 18 hours within 3 days, so I think I should stop for now. I don't want this to end too quickly, it's so good.

I just got the To be Continued ending where I was about to find out who planted the bombs, so obviously I have to find that out in some other timeline now. This game is Time Detective: The Game, it's so rad.

Roubjon

Fuck that dice game.

I actually thought it was pretty fun to figure out, lol. I really like how the puzzles are done in this series. Most of the time I can figure them out logically after just looking at all of the clues for a little bit until everything connects.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Game randomly crashed out just as I got the blue memory card (the last one I needed) in the
Q ROOM

I'm not gonna go through that again goddammit that's it I'm taking a guide out.

Just got dio's ending stud is starting to make sense

It also pisses me off at how dumb sigma is. How's many times is phi going to mention how they have powers. Plus he has premonitions and uses his powers in other endings

Auskeek

Should I definitely play 999 before this?

It was never released in Australia, so I'll have to import. Virtue's Last Reward comes out in a few weeks.

I just got clover ending ...

WHAT ..i mean WHAT !?!

This game ..this game delivers ....

WAt ..got K ending ...
Wait wait wait .. i'm so confused ..

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I have been writing the
bomb
passwords on the memo. Do I need to or will sigma remember them.
It might be better if you write them on paper. I barely managed to cram them inside the memo menu.

Then of course someone mentions the game notes option in the 3DS after I do all that shit.
Should I definitely play 999 before this?

It was never released in Australia, so I'll have to import. Virtue's Last Reward comes out in a few weeks.
VLR spoils a lot of 999. I guess it depends on whether you ever wish to try the original.

I just got clover ending ...

WHAT ..i mean WHAT !?!

This game ..this game delivers ....

If that is your first ending it only gets crazier
It might be better if you write them on paper. I barely managed to cram them inside the memo menu.

Then of course someone mentions the game notes option in the 3DS after I do all that shit.

VLR spoils a lot of 999. I gon whether you

So I should write the m down. Ok

Anyone else having more trouble with the normal escape solutions than the hidden file solutions? For the last 3 puzzles, I got the latter first.

Top Bottom