• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT2| OKC VS LA: Black on Black Crime

Status
Not open for further replies.

thekad

Banned
Well, the Spurs are the best three point shooting team in the NBA whereas the Clippers are one of the four worst at defending the three and the two players responsible for all of the Clippers' success are going to be playing hurt.

If Blake can't play, then obviously the Spurs will make quick work of them, but if he can, I think he'll have a big series.

Emwitus

Even the biggest Laker Stan in the world doesn't believe this could happen with any handicap.

In fact, if Durant and Westbrook missed the first 4 games, the Lakers couldn't sweep.

How do I know?

I watch this team all de times.

For me, its two extremes. If they play they're usual normal way, it's a sweep in OKC's favor. If they play like they should (Inside out) and Hard like game 7 sweep in L.As favor. I only have two extremes. I chose the unlikely one lol

For me, its two extremes. If they play they're usual normal way, it's a sweep in OKC's favor. If they play like they should (Inside out) and Hard like game 7 sweep in L.As favor. I only have two extremes. I chose the unlikely one lol
This has to be the stupidest basketball analysis I've ever read.

Considering Bosh occupies nearly 1/3 of the payroll, yes that is a pretty big deal. But nobody is saying they aren't getting there. It's just going to be more difficult now because he is a big part of the overall gameplan. if you don't think that's true, that's just you liking to contradict things as usual

And I don't care about your pre-season statement. It's a pre-season statement, why during the postseason do you say "omg easiest path to the finals ever, ASTERISK"?

Because it is the easiest path to the finals ever and it would be an * jf they win?

It's actually not far fetched. Lakers could easily be humiliated, but if they play with their heads on straight they can win...that's why I have them in 6.
I mean, I have the Lakers in 6 as well. It's just silly to imagine the Lakers taking four games in a row off, or having four resplendent games in a row. I think it'll come down to mental fortitude and whether the Lakers opt to play the right way for the majority of the games. I think expecting a sweep in either direction is complete folly, but at least the chance of the Thunder sweeping a relatively mentally weak Lakers team is significantly higher than four games in a row of Bynum triple doubles.

I think the Lakers have a better chance of sweeping if WB and Durant play than not. if they don't play, Lakers won't take them seriously and will lose at least 2 games due to laziness.

Don't get me wrong, they have virtually no shot of sweeping them with WB and Durant, but if I know this team it's that they're incapable of sweeping an undermanned team.

We've seen the Lakers play like shit more than we'd like, but I fully believe they would sweep OKC if Westbrook and Druant did not play the first 4 games.

No doubt in my mind.

giri

If Blake can't play, then obviously the Spurs will make quick work of them, but if he can, I think he'll have a big series.

Naw, Blake got points in the post against grizz.

TD will make blake a bitch in the post.

Then, i never thought they'd get past the grizz.

aznpxdd

939c05ae9d4b11e1ab011231381052c0_7.jpg

The probability of the Lakers sweeping the Thunder if KD and Westbrook sit out is extremely high.

The probability of the Lakers sweeping the Thunder if KD and Harden are out and Westbrook is in is 100%.

The last time we were eliminated at home in the playoffs, Kobe and Fisher were crying on the bench. I don't want to see similar transpire again.

Do you watch the Lakers?

I don't care if those guys weren't playing, the Lakers don't sweep.

I never said they wouldn't win the series under those circumstances, just that they wouldn't win 4 straight.

This team would have a brain/focus lapse for one of those 4 and lose.

I have a pessimistic view on a lot of things in life. In the situation you originally presented, I stand by my take. The second round, no DURANT or WESTBROOK, thats a 4 game sweep.

Heat fans crying are great, play trash and injury depleted Knicks, then have weak pacers team, then have a celtic team with PP who has a sprained knee. And they're crying about bosh going down

Oh, and they avoided Howard and rose in the east

Spurs are going to kick their fucking ass in the finals
lebronjameschrisbosh_hotfuzzheadslide.gif

My heart says Lakers in 6
My mind says OKC in 6

My mind is tellin' me noooooo, but my body....MY BODY IS TELLIN' ME YESSS

You been sipping too much kool aid lately...lol

I see alot of people going sweep for Spurs but Clips did give them fits during the regular season. It should of been 2-1 Clips if it wasn't for CP3 messing up the last minute of the game...TD Found the fountain of youth to make this an easy series? Or is it gonna be the battle of the benches?

Nate was a great coach and you guys offed him.
Nate couldn't get his guys to listen to him anymore, he lost the team. He was also bad at getting the team to play pick and roll offense or defense. It was one of those things when you know time was over.

I'd say his teams played good regular season basketball, but an offense revolving around mid-range jumpshots isn't going to fly in the playoffs.

Congrats on them for losing a week later than the Blazers? I'd rather be in the lottery than knowing Mike Brown or VDN is coaching my team.

Enjoy him
FMmIw.jpg

Yeah, I'm really torn about it. If only my team was the Blazers so I could watch them draft the next great bust at center and ruin the primes of other players on the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom