• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT2| OKC VS LA: Black on Black Crime

Status
Not open for further replies.

linsivvi

Well, he asked for it. Mocking 2 teams that just advanced to the 2nd round? That's some crazy shit right there.

So can we say the Heat will be stuck with Spoelstra forever too when they win the championship? I don't think it'll make anyone feel better.

Yeah, I'm really torn about it. If only my team was the Blazers so I could watch them draft the next great bust at center and ruin the primes of other players on the team.
Got nothing good to say about Mike Brown. Time to pull out the good old injury card. Need new material Mamba.
Well, he asked for it. Mocking 2 teams that just advanced to the 2nd round? That's some crazy shit right there.

So can we say the Heat will be stuck with Spoelstra forever too when they win the championship? I don't think it'll make anyone feel better.
I think Spoelstra is a better coach than VDN and Mike Brown combined. Lakers and Clippers will be in the same position as the Blazers a week from now.

linsivvi

Got nothing good to say about Mike Brown. Time to pull out the good old injury card. Need new material Mamba.

I think Spoelstra is a better coach than VDN and Mike Brown combined. Lakers and Clippers will be in the same position as the Blazers a week from now.

Sure. 29 teams are in the same positions by June every season.

I'm not so sure Spoelstra is better than those 2. All 3 are shitty coaches anyway.

I'd rather have a clown for a coach than a clown college for an entire organization like the Blazers.

But hey, if you think a franchise with less 2nd round appearances this century than the Clips should be making fun of the Clips' team structure in any way, go ahead.

No, both teams will still have a better future ahead of them.

linsivvi

No, both teams will still have a better future ahead of them.

Lakers future? I wouldn't be so sure about that. :p

It just strike me as odd that someone would mock teams that've just won their playoff series. So if they lose, he'd mock them, if they win, he'd mock them anyway. It sounds extremely petty and bitter.

Vahagn

I don't think lakers are winning this series...but I sure as hell don't think OKC in 6 is a possibility.

Kobe is not getting eliminated on his home floor, that's not how he roles.

OKC in 5 or OKC in 7 I could see. But OKC in 6? Just not happening

Unfortunately, he could either "roll" that way by jacking up shots into oblivion or having his teammates puss out again. So yes, getting eliminated on your home floor can happen

thekad

Banned
I don't think lakers are winning this series...but I sure as hell don't think OKC in 6 is a possibility.

Kobe is not getting swept by Peja Stojakovic and JJ Barea. That's not how he rolls.

h3ro

I've never played a Diablo game, but I'd like to try DIII.

My desktop is ancient, but I have a new MBP with an i5 and 8GB of ram. It has an 512mb Intel graphics card. Am I going to be able to run the game? Also, can it be played with the touchpad on the laptop?

I'm hyped for Lakers/Thunder tonight. Love games that have hype crowds, I'm sure OKC is gonna bring it.

masud

Banned
you have my bow

Don't you mean cheesy ass twin crossbows?

My desktop is ancient, but I have a new MBP with an i5 and 8GB of ram. It has an 512mb Intel graphics card. Am I going to be able to run the game? Also, can it be played with the touchpad on the laptop?
No. Not at all. Yor laptop should be able to run it though. Blizzard games always scale very well.

Sanjuro

I'm hyped for Lakers/Thunder tonight. Love games that have hype crowds, I'm sure OKC is gonna bring it.

Just get a real game, like Max Payne 3

Also, can it be played with the touchpad on the laptop?

...and a mouse.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
You could always just get Diablo 3 and Max Payne tomorrow like a real man would.

Also Diablo 3 could run on a damn abacus. As long as you have an actual graphics card I'd imagine the game would run fine. Beta worked just fine on my laptop which only has a crappy old 5650 in it.

Vire

You could always just get Diablo 3 and Max Payne tomorrow like a real man would.

Also Diablo 3 could run on a damn abacus. As long as you have an actual graphics card I'd imagine the game would run fine. Beta worked just fine on my laptop which only has a crappy old 5650 in it.

The beta ran pretty shitty on my 2010 MBP. Blizzard's optimization on OSX is always garbage though. :/

linsivvi

I wasn't going to play Diablo 3 coz I hate that always online BS, but the hype is drawing me in. Convince me to buy or not buy NBA GAF.

KingGondo

Banned
I'll spend some time perusing the game guide tonight, mainly to decide which class I want to start with.

Monk looks appealing for some reason.

That was the Garnett who emerged Saturday night after he poured in 29 points, grabbed 11 rebounds, recorded three blocks and who knows how many defensive plays that don’t get tallied in the box score.

“I have no life at this point,” Garnett said. “I go home. I get treatment. Come back in here. Study tape, film. No life at all. This is what it is.”

Someone asked him if he was having fun. “When we win I’m having a lot of fun,” he said. “When we lose, it’s a tough day.”

Garnett played 38 minutes against Philadelphia in Game 1 and all of the fourth quarter. It’s the third straight game he’s logged that many, which would be unthinkable during the regular season where coach Doc Rivers employed his 5-5-5 plan to great effect. Garnett did the same thing in the first three games of the Atlanta series, with only Game 4’s 20-point blowout serving as a breather.

The last time he played that many in a three-game stretch was in the playoffs last spring against Miami. He was dominant in Game 3, not so much in the final two games of that series. The last time he played 38 minutes in three straight games? You have to go all the way back to the 2008 finals against the Lakers. (Hat tip to WEEI’s stat maven Michael Berger for the research).

Rivers has no choice. When Garnett’s on the court, the Celtics are 16 points better than their opponents per 100 possessions. More importantly, when he’s not in the game, they are 33 points worse.

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/b...flannery/2012/05/13/kevin-garnett-lion-spring

Interesting stuff. Can't believe KG might be the best player on a Conference Finals team despite being in his 17th season, crazy.

I'll say 3 weeks then which yeah basically means none of him for this round and the next

We can beat Indiana, but we really needed his floor spacing against Boston. We can still take the old ass Celtics but that series is now going to hinge on Chalmers, Miller, and Battier.

I'll say 3 weeks then which yeah basically means none of him for this round and the next

We can beat Indiana, but we really needed his floor spacing against Boston. We can still take the old ass Celtics but that series is now going to hinge on Chalmers, Miller, and Battier.

exactly. People can talk out there ass all they want about LBJ/Wade but this series is all about which of the role players step up. And with the cast we have, thats not guaranteed at all.

TRios Zen

It wasn't a show jist a quick update they do every half hour. It was before Colin came on.

Whoa, Boston get's the Bulls minus Rose (AKA the 76'ers) in the second round and the Heat minus Bosh in the Conference finals?

Historically speaking, this would have to be the easiest road to the conference finals in the east since Cleveland in 2007, no?

I'd say:

Celtics in 6 (C's like to give games away)
Heat in 6 (- Bosh, + Grainger/Hibbert will have at least 2 great games)
Spurs in 5 (Spurs haven't played in a week, Clippers coming off emotional win - game 1 = only clippers win).
Thunder in 6 (OKC has the jump-shooting to defeat the Lakers strength of length in the middle).

Whoa, Boston get's the Bulls minus Rose (AKA the 76'ers) in the second round and the Heat minus Bosh in the Conference finals?

Historically speaking, this would have to be the easiest road to the conference finals in the east since Cleveland in 2007, no?

I'd say:

Celtics in 6 (C's like to give games away)
Heat in 6 (- Bosh, + Grainger/Hibbert will have at least 2 great games)
Spurs in 5 (Spurs haven't played in a week, Clippers coming off emotional win - game 1 = only clippers win).
Thunder in 6 (OKC has the jump-shooting to defeat the Lakers strength of length in the middle).

They already had the easiest path to the finals and this just makes it easier.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
But, DY didn't you hear? Rondo's got a great jumpshot now.

Rondo runs the same set that Miami runs for Udonis Haslem in a closeout win against the Hawks and he's suddenly a great shooter.

If only all point guards could be completely ignored like Serge Ibaka when looking for their shot.

KingKong

is the OKC series the first time the Lakers won't be favored since 2008? I cant remember if they or Boston were favorites in the 2008 Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom