• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT2| OKC VS LA: Black on Black Crime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjuro

is the OKC series the first time the Lakers won't be favored since 2008? I cant remember if they or Boston were favorites in the 2008 Finals

Lakers were favored heavily. In 2010, "experts" just went with the Celtics in Game 7, because they were the Celtics.

No. You have 1 MVP and 1 MVP candidate. The Celtics have over the hill players and Rondo. No way in hell should the Heat lose even without Bosh.

That is a fairly simple analysis.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I don't think you understand how Heat fans fear the Celtics............you also cannot deny when they play the Heat they fucking look throwback as hell

That's because Boston is the only team in the East that doesn't get mindfucked by a few bad calls here and there. They're also the only other team in the East that doesn't flatout hand the game away.

They don't roll over. They actually make Miami try - something that the Heat aren't used to. Boston still isn't good enough to win though.

Lakers were favored heavily. In 2010, "experts" just went with the Celtics in Game 7, because they were the Celtics.

That is a fairly simple analysis.

And its an accurate one. The Heat without Bosh should defeat the Celtics.

That's because Boston is the only team in the East that doesn't get mindfucked by a few bad calls here and there. They're also the only other team in the East that doesn't flatout hand the game away.

They don't roll over. They actually make Miami try - something that the Heat aren't used to. Boston still isn't good enough to win though.

Exactly. As I said, the excuses are being discussed already.

DY_nasty

You mean after he went HAM on the hawks?

Did he really? He was missing all kinds of shit that should've been cake for him. Yeah, he got hot when he needed to, but almost all of those games Atlanta should have put away before it even got to that point. Pierce hasn't been himself at all.

Sanjuro

And its an accurate one. The Heat without Bosh should defeat the Celtics.

The Heat "should" win the championship. That is correct. Problem is there is going to be more to this series than the players mentioned. Bradley's health is probably a greater factor than anything else.

Gigglepoo

When the LeBron/Bosh signings went down, Heat fans weren't concerned at all by the other players on the team. Now I hear about role players all the time. Did they not understand basketball before? Or just want an excuse now?

The Heat "should" win the championship. That is correct. Problem is there is going to be more to this series than the players mentioned. Bradley's health is probably a greater factor than anything else.

My point was that the Heat should and are expected to at least get to the finals, even without Bosh. Whether they do or not is a different story. If they don't get there it will be surprising.

Sanjuro

When the LeBron/Bosh signings went down, Heat fans weren't concerned at all by the other 3 players on the team. Now I hear about role players all the time. Did they not understand basketball before? Or just want an excuse now?

Rule of thumb is fans from FL and CA don't know much about sports. Lakers seem to be the lone exception to the rule, maybe the Clippers!

Sanjuro

My point was that the Heat should and are expected to at least get to the finals, even without Bosh. Whether they do or not is a different story. If they don't get there it will be surprising.

That was my point last season. People argued me when I used the phrase "The Heat failed". The simple fact is as long as those players are in their prime, they don't win a championship, they have failed.

What excuses are being made? Re-analyzing the series after one key cog goes down is making an excuse now?

The excuse of Bosh most likely being out. You say re-analysing, I say excuse. It's an excuse.

That was my point last season. People argued me when I used the phrase "The Heat failed". The simple fact is as long as those players are in their prime, they don't win a championship, they have failed.

Exactly. That's all that needs to be said, actually.

I'm a little upset at myself for choosing to spend a significant portion of my day arguing pointlessly when I can pretty much predict what most people will say, to HELL with logic and blind arguments

Some of the dumbest shit I've read from supposed to be basketball whizzes. Its like nobody even watched the series last year. Or this regular season one.

Then I think you might need to re-learn English, boy.

You're creating an excuse of why the Heat may win. That excuse happens to be that Chris Bosh isn't going to play. That is an excuse. If Bosh would have been in the series you'd expect the Heat to win. But hey, keep trying hard to avoid that fact that you and your boys are making excuses.

DY_nasty

Some of the dumbest shit I've read from supposed to be basketball whizzes. Its like nobody even watched the series last year. Or this regular season one.

You won.

They got older.

?

Edit: For the sake of argument, what do you think about Avery Bradley?

You're creating an excuse of why the Heat may win. That excuse happens to be that Chris Bosh isn't going to play. That is an excuse. If Bosh would have been in the series you'd expect the Heat to win. But hey, keep trying hard to avoid that fact that you and your boys are making excuses.

Read this back to yourself and tell me it makes sense?

The only thing me and Shadow have been saying is that we expect to win but it will be more difficult now and in the hands of less trustworthy players. Keep reaching.

By the way, I'm waiting for you to make excuses for the Heat considering that's all you did for other teams anytime a player went down on another team.

And you call it excuses, I call it reality----something that has never been tied to you

Well for one, I'm the person who made your avatar. :jnc

hahaha.

The only thing me and Shadow have been saying is that we expect to win but it will be more difficult now and in the hands of less trustworthy players. Keep reaching.

By the way, I'm waiting for you to make excuses for the Heat considering that's all you did for other teams anytime a player went down on another team.

And you call it excuses, I call it reality----something that has never been tied to you

Really? I have said flat out that the Lakers are done. The excuses I gave are that they're an older ass team. Kobe is on his last legs. The coach is horrible. Pau's vagina is growing annually. Bynum is a man child that refuses to grow up. So yes, those are excuses. If Pau and Bynum manned up day in day out the Lakers would very likely go to the finals.

Really? I have said flat out that the Lakers are done. The excuses I gave are that they're an older ass team. Kobe is on his last legs. The coach is horrible. Pau's vagina is growing annually. Bynum is a man child that refuses to grow up. So yes, those are excuses. If Pau and Bynum manned up day in day out the Lakers would very likely go to the finals.

Then we just differ on what an excuse is. An excuse to me is when you take something hypothetical and try to force it into what you think reality would be. Like in 2005, this is the difference between an excuse and reality:

Excuse: "We would have won it all if Wade went down"
Reality: "Things may have been different if Wade stayed healthy"

Nobody is saying "Oh god no we're not going to win now!" We're just talking about which players will have to step up to fill the void. That's not an excuse. Everybody knows injuries is a big part of sports. Sucks when it's happened, but no one is surprised and no one will have pity on you

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
When the LeBron/Bosh signings went down, Heat fans weren't concerned at all by the other players on the team. Now I hear about role players all the time. Did they not understand basketball before? Or just want an excuse now?

I've had arguments with people before that the reason the Heat lost versus Dallas is because they didn't have a player like Jason Terry who stepped up in a huge way -- while simultaneously defending Lebron for not stepping up.

I think I was crying from laughter at that point.

I think it would be good for Lebron and Wade from a psychological standpoint that Bosh is out. Wade will start giving more fucks and Lebron would have to step up a little bit more (a fan can dream can he???)

Then we just differ on what an excuse is. An excuse to me is when you take something hypothetical and try to force it into what you think reality would be. Like in 2005, this is the difference between an excuse and reality:

Excuse: "We would have won it all if Wade went down"
Reality: "Things may have been different if Wade stayed healthy"

Nobody is saying "Oh god no we're not going to win now!" We're just talking about which players will have to step up to fill the void. That's not an excuse. Everybody knows injuries is a big part of sports. Sucks when it's happened, but no one is surprised and no one will have pity on you

Exactly. My confidence takes a shot when we now have to depend on our roleplayers. How many fucking playoff games last year we only win because the big three combine for like 60-70 pts?

People acting like we are supposed to be favorites are delusional. We can win though.

I think it would be good for Lebron and Wade from a psychological standpoint that Bosh is out. Wade will start giving more fucks and Lebron would have to step up a little bit more...

They're going to have to play at a faster pace and try to run the ball at every chance they get. I think LeBron at the 4 is great but Bosh won't be around to bail them out of shitty halfcourt sets, so they'll have to play faster and get more shots for the perimeter dudes

Exactly. My confidence takes a shot when we now have to depend on our roleplayers. How many fucking playoff games last year we only win because the big three combine for like 60-70 pts?

People acting like we are supposed to be favorites are delusional. We can win though.

Um. You are favorites. Whether or not your boys step up to the plate and do what they're suppose to is another story. But yes, you are favorites.

God, being in the main menu for D3 is such a fucking tease right now

Yes we are favorites, but our stars gotta play out of their minds now because one big contributor is out. And that's considering he never gets the ball anyways....

Sanjuro

You can't say stuff like this with me around bro, because no, he doesn't.

Well, if you stick with that opinion then you wouldn't be 100% accurate. I looked at the numbers not too long ago. Rondo has a higher FG% from 16+ mark.

To be noted, I'm not one of the people who thinks he is a great shooter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom