• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT2| OKC VS LA: Black on Black Crime

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're going to have to play at a faster pace and try to run the ball at every chance they get. I think LeBron at the 4 is great but Bosh won't be around to bail them out of shitty halfcourt sets, so they'll have to play faster and get more shots for the perimeter dudes

Time to pull out our secret weapon....
act_james_jones.jpg

We are 50/50 at best against BOS. There is no logical reason at all that says heat should be favorites without Bosh. The best anybody can come up with is "bu bu but Two MVP candidates in there prime".

diehard

Fleer
Well, if you stick with that opinion then you wouldn't be 100% accurate. I looked at the numbers not too long ago. Rondo has a higher FG% from 16+ mark.

To be noted, I'm not one of the people who thinks he is a great shooter.

Rondo has a 35.5% eFG on jumpshots, Wade is 41.6%.

Literally the only guard i can find with a worse jumpshot is John Wall.

Sanjuro

Rondo has a 35.5% eFG on jumpshots, Wade is 41.6%.

Literally the only guard i can find with a worse jumpshot is John Wall.

I was comparing him to LeBron. Again, you aren't going to find me arguing he is superior. Just in some statistical areas, he is better or comprable.

Cloudy

Banned
is the OKC series the first time the Lakers won't be favored since 2008? I cant remember if they or Boston were favorites in the 2008 Finals

Lakers were favored in 2008 just cos Boston had such a hard time getting there

Spurs were favored in the 2008 WCF IIRC though

diehard

Fleer
I was comparing him to LeBron. Again, you aren't going to find me arguing he is superior. Just in some statistical areas, he is better or comprable.

I didn't bring up Lebron because he is at 47.9% I don't know where you are getting your numbers but in no way is Rondo statistically a better shooter than Lebron.. or even close. I won't bring up Rondo's crunch time shooting either.

Wes Johnson is 43.9 %

Felton is 42.2%

yes, that's how bad Rondo is at shooting.

Sanjuro

I didn't bring up Lebron because he is at 47.9% I don't know where you are getting your numbers but in no way is Rondo a better shooter than Lebron.. or even close. I won't bring up Rondo's crunch time shooting either.

You're looking at overall, I'm looking at the splits. Basketball-reference.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
You're looking at overall, I'm looking at the splits. Basketball-reference.

It's true.

16ft to 3pt

Lebron: 38.5FG% (335)
Rondo: 40.4FG% (141)
Wade: 35FG% (183)

3pt+

Lebron: 54.3eFG% (163)
Rondo: 39.1eFG% (46)
Wade: 39.2eFG% (65)

FGA in parentheses.

Sanjuro

forgive me for some reason i thought a "jumpshot" included the 3 point line.

Eh, I usually separate the two. Jump shot is usually anything within. Rondo certainly goes down closer to the basket, but his height comparison would restrict him.

Rondo isn't really a liability on three pointers. Considering how much he handles the ball in this offense, he is quite conservative.

reilo

forgive me for some reason i thought a "jumpshot" included the 3 point line, and from 10 to 16 feet.

10 to 16 foot jumpshot is a statistical anomaly for Rondo because he takes so few of them (56 total). If he's anywhere near the freethrow line, he's either passing or taking it to the rim.

reilo

Lebron is a fucking beast.

Effective Field Goal Percentage is different from a regular Field Goal Percentage.

Ray Allen's eFG% from three is 67.2% in comparison. 54% puts Lebron right around the league average, I think.

diehard

Fleer
10 to 16 foot jumpshot is a statistical anomaly for Rondo because he takes so few of them (56 total). If he's anywhere near the freethrow line, he's either passing or taking it to the rim.

from 3 to 9 he is even worse, at 30%.

At 3 feet and out, thats a 340 shot sample of him being a plain terrible shooter.

Losing Bosh will be big for the Boston series. The Heat bigs will be Anthony, Haslem, and Turiaf. Even Jordan didn't have a frontline this bad.

reilo

At 3 feet and out, thats a 340 shot sample of him being a plain terrible shooter.

Sure, but I think it's overstated.

Point-guards with rings:

Kidd, Rondo

Point-guards without rings:

Nash, Stockton, Porter

Just saying.

Sanjuro

Rondo is 6'1. LeBron is 6'8 (a massive one for that height)

The only thing Rondo truly has to be embarrassed about is his free throw shooting.

Sanjuro

Because people want to see the Heat in the Finals.

I don't think their opponent matters much. Spurs, OKC or Lakers would be a compelling matchup.

Sure, but I don't think any of the remaining teams are a ratings nightmare scenario.

OKC and Indiana, possibly.

h3ro

Heard rumors of Knicks wanting him back to help Lin. What says Knick nation?
He won't be the guy he was in NY under pringles. The stat analysis pre/post pringles for PGs is pretty clear about that.

Frank put a post looking at the numbers of the past few PGs that went through Mike's system in the loser bros thread.

He'd be a back up to Lin. Wouldn't be the worst move but his effectiveness would be mitigated by Woodson's iso heavy offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom