• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT2| OKC VS LA: Black on Black Crime

Status
Not open for further replies.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Supreme, you really need a new avatar. I keep thinking you're shadowdork.

Still don't get why LeBron gets ripped for leaving a joke organization for one that puts him in a better position to win. Were Wilt and KAJ ripped for doing the same thing? What about Kobe when he wanted to be traded?

And he isn't ripped by many here for leaving an organization, no matter how often you and others try to push that talking point. He is ripped due to how he left the organization and the organization he decided to go to, in addition to his guarantee of more than 8 championships when he never had nor has won one. Also, Wilt didn't sign as a FA with the lakers, he was traded and had already brought a chip to Phili. Kareem went to the Lakers AFTER he brought Milwaukee a championship. But keep trying.

There's more than that I reckon, but that would still easily make it the deepest position in this league.

Yeah I could see that

Shooting guard is probably the worst position in the league right now, closely followed by center( but that's due to AAU forcing bigs to play like shitty versions of KG....see Perry Jones III).

PBY

Banned
Ethan J. Skolnick ‏ @EthanJSkolnick
Bosh says he is "sore."

1m Ethan J. Skolnick ‏ @EthanJSkolnick
Bosh says he felt it right away, realized on other end he couldn't move way he wanted to.

2m Ethan J. Skolnick ‏ @EthanJSkolnick
Bosh says he doesn't know how long. This series? "I'm not sure."

3m Ethan J. Skolnick ‏ @EthanJSkolnick
Bosh walks out of locker room gingerly, to speak to media

TRios Zen

Still don't get why LeBron gets ripped for leaving a joke organization for one that puts him in a better position to win. Were Wilt and KAJ ripped for doing the same thing? What about Kobe when he wanted to be traded?

Minus the decision and all the other shenanigans, who cares?

For me, the only thing I think was handled badly WAS the decision.

Lebron can play anywhere he wants too; that his right.

And he isn't ripped by many here for leaving an organization, no matter how often you and others try to push that talking point. He is ripped due to how he left the organization and the organization he decided to go to, in addition to his guarantee of more than 8 championships when he never had nor has won one. Also, Wilt didn't sign as a FA with the lakers, he was traded. But keep trying. Kareem went to the Lakers AFTER he brought Milwaukee a championship.
Well yeah, how he left was moronic. But it's been a while since all of that happened. I was pissed at him and the Heat when that stuff went down, but now? I guess some people just haven't gotten over that bull yet

Wilt and Kareem both wanted out....how they got there is kind of beside the point imo.

Well yeah, how he left was moronic. But it's been a while since all of that happened. I was pissed at him and the Heat when that stuff went down, but now? I guess some people just haven't gotten over that bull yet

Not to mention that he guaranteed 8+ championships. Went to a ready made team to win a championship. Never won a championship in Cleveland even though he basically said he wouldn't give up until he brought a championship to the city. So yea.

Wilt and Kareem both wanted out....how they got there is kind of beside the point imo.

Did Wilt and Kareem bring a championship to their team before wanting to leave? Yes. Did LeBron? Nope.

Omega

Banned

Minus the decision and all the other shenanigans, who cares?

1. No one in the past ever did anything wrong that's why.

2. Either that or maybe it's because they went to the Lakers to get carried. Since probably half of the people that watch the NBA are Laker bandwagoners, obviously they won't care since they helped the Lakers get more rings.

3. Most "fans" probably can't even name 10 players pre-1990 without the assistance of google and think KAJ/Wilt were Lakers4life

Nori Chan

Don't forget that he told the Cavs organization his decision the same time he told the world

Just cockteasing the Cavs and their fans satin yeah there's a chance of me staying
Psyche

2. Either that or maybe it's because they went to the Lakers to get carried. Since probably half of the people that watch the NBA are Laker bandwagoners, obviously they won't care since they helped the Lakers get more rings.

3. Most "fans" probably can't even name 10 players pre-1990 without the assistance of google and think KAJ/Wilt were Lakers4life

Or maybe its because they actually helped their teams win a championship before leaving. Naaaaaah, that couldn't be it. Maybe its because they didn't go to a ready made team. Lakers weren't ready made when he went Kareem arrived in LA, and when Wilt arrived Jerry West and Elgin Baylor were already passed their prime while LeBron arrived on the Heat during the other two's prime. They also didn't guarantee 8+ championships.

Joke post? If so, great.

If not, then we can explain. Again.

Not to mention that he guaranteed 8+ championships. Went to a ready made team to win a championship. Never won a championship in Cleveland even though he basically said he wouldn't give up until he brought a championship to the city. So yea.

Did Wilt and Kareem bring a championship to their team before wanting to leave? Yes. Did LeBron? Nope.
He wasn't chipping with the Cavs. Just wasn't happening. As a fan of a dumb organization, I can't blame him for ditching.

Also, LeBron is a moron. He looked like even more of a moron because of his horrible PR people. Notice how he has said the right thing all year this year...I don't see how that has anything to do with what happens on the court.

But whatever, you guys can keep ripping him as well as the Heat fans ITT. Even though it's obvious as hell that if he pulled that shit and went to your team, you would be defending his ass as well.

I guess it just comes down to me not really caring about the not 6 not 7 not 8 shit because they were just having fun.

He wasn't chipping with the Cavs. Just wasn't happening. As a fan of a dumb organization, I can't blame him for ditching.

Also, LeBron is a moron. He looked like even more of a moron because of his horrible PR people. Notice how he has said the right thing all year this year...I don't see how that has anything to do with what happens on the court.

But whatever, you guys can keep ripping him as well as the Heat fans ITT. Even though it's obvious as hell that if he pulled that shit and went to your team, you would be defending his ass as well.

Like hell I would be defending his shit. I'd want my team to win but like hell I'd be defending him. Unlike the Heatles, many of whom strapped up when LeBron arrived, I couldn't care less about him. If he was on the Lakers and they won, great. I wouldn't be rooting for him.

I guess it just comes down to me not really caring about the not 6 not 7 not 8 shit because they were just having fun.

Name me another player of LeBron's stature that guaranteed 8+ rings. Do it. Find one. Surely you can do it, since it was 'just in fun'.

PBY

Banned
Like hell I would be defending his shit. I'd want my team to win but like hell I'd be defending him. Unlike the Heatles, many of whom strapped up when LeBron arrived, I couldn't care less about him. If he was on the Lakers and they won, great. I wouldn't be rooting for him.
Name me another player of LeBron's stature that guaranteed 8+ rings. Do it. Find one. Surely you can do it, since it was 'just in fun'.

so princpled

PBY

Banned
Lebron wants to be the hero, not the villain. Of course he'll say the politically correct response.

well- watch his speech- shit wasn't manufactured. he didn't read off anything, and it was straight from the heart. Just watch it.

so princpled

Am I an Andrew Bynum fan? Hell no. He's a primadonna who refuses to grow up and play consistently. He doesn't give a shit. I don't defend his behavior like many Heat fans defend LeBron. I am a Lakers fan before one individual player. The Heat Quad L swastika card carrying members could learn a thing or two about being a fan of the team instead of a player.

You really think they were guaranteeing 8+ championships when they were having that party?

I mean I agree that was some dumb shit but to still call them out for that after 2 seasons is kind of silly, considering that yeah, it just like they looked like they were having fun and probably weren't thinking

linsivvi

When you make a stupid claim like winning 8 or more championships on TV, people tend to hold you accountable.

Remember Shaq's "won at all level except college and pro"? Bynum's "close out games are easy"? Pierce's "we ain't going back to LA"?

People laugh at them too, and people will keep mocking Lebron until he's even close to achieving that claim.

Have you listened to that speech he gave after losing in the Final last season? You expect people to get over it when he's showing such attitute?

Omega

Banned
Or maybe its because they actually helped their teams win a championship before leaving. Naaaaaah, that couldn't be it. Maybe its because they didn't go to a ready made team. Lakers weren't ready made when he went Kareem arrived in LA, and when Wilt arrived Jerry West and Elgin Baylor were already passed their prime while LeBron arrived on the Heat during the other two's prime. They also didn't guarantee 8+ championships.

Part of my post wasn't serious, mainly the them going to get carried. I just said that because people assume that's why LeBron left. The only part that was was number 1. Which is true.

West and Baylor were past their primes but they weren't shit. They also had Goodrich who was about a 20PPG scorer. Better than his team in Philly

KAJ also benefited from playing with the Big O. Not really fair to compare LeBron to these players who had great players surrounding them on their previous teams.

Best players Bron ever had was a WAY past his prime Shaq and a past his prime Jamison who wasn't even that good in his prime.

You really think they were guaranteeing 8+ championships when they were having that party?

I mean I agree that was some dumb shit but to still call them out for that after 2 seasons is kind of silly, considering that yeah, it just like they looked like they were having fun and probably weren't thinking

Are you going to offer proof that they weren't really guaranteeing it? If so, please offer up whatever evidence you have. They said it. Whether they were serious or not isn't for me to question. It came out of their mouth.

well- watch his speech- shit wasn't manufactured. he didn't read off anything, and it was straight from the heart. Just watch it.

6a0115709f071f970b0154329548c2970c-600wi

Part of my post wasn't serious, mainly the them going to get carried. I just said that because people assume that's why LeBron left.

West and Baylor were past their primes but they weren't shit. They also had Goodrich who was about a 20PPG scorer. Better than his team in Philly

KAJ also benefited from playing with the Big O. Not really fair to compair LeBron to these players who had great players surrounding them on their previous teams.

Best players Bron ever had was a WAY past his prime Shaq and a past his prime Jamison who wasn't even that good in his prime.

The Big O was also past his prime by the time Kareem arrived. Kareem was the one who carried that team. Kareem arrived on the Lakers and it was mediocre which is why they never went far before Magic arrived.

Wilt was also passed his prime when he arrived in L.A. and was used as a defensive force. Lebron arrived in Miami during his prime and the prime of the two other players.

I am not hating on LeBron for leaving. I am hating on LeBron for joining a ready made championship team. For guaranteeing 8+ chips. For the way he handled the decision. For not having given up on his team during the playoffs the year before he left them for Miami.

Part of my post wasn't serious, mainly the them going to get carried. I just said that because people assume that's why LeBron left. The only part that was was number 1. Which is true.

KAJ also benefited from playing with the Big O. Not really fair to compare LeBron to these players who had great players surrounding them on their previous teams.

Andy V was the best teammate LeBron ever had and he was and is a very good player. Pretty terrible supporting cast.

Nori Chan

you mean the generic this is team award

Were not done yet still got the finals blah blah

id like to thank mama and god or stern if you want to give him a name

PBY

Banned
Are you going to offer proof that they weren't really guaranteeing it? If so, please offer up whatever evidence you have. They said it. Whether they were serious or not isn't for me to question. It came out of their mouth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT-I8jQDQ7c

heres the clip- i dont really see anything wrong with this man, jeez, youre the kind of up tight sports fan that takes everything so seriously in the temple of sports- it was a fucking fan pep rall.

Andy V was the best teammate LeBron ever had and he was and is a very good player. Pretty terrible supporting cast.

Yep. Best league record back to back seasons. Horrible team. Yep.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT-I8jQDQ7c

heres the clip- i dont really see anything wrong with this man, jeez, youre the kind of up tight sports fan that takes everything so seriously in the temple of sports- it was a fucking fan pep rall.

Which is the first problem. Your city held a freaking pep rally championship victory style before even playing a game. Did the Lakers do that when we got Shaq? No. Did any other team do that when they traded for a big star? Like hell.

Secondly, he said it. You want to read into whether he meant it or not. Whether he was abused as a child and so he needs attention and positive reinforcement, have at it. I will take that statement for what it was, a player guaranteeing 8+ championships.

KingKong

The thing about LeBron is that he never wanted to be "the man". He would much rather play with friends, and if he doesn't have the ball at the end of the game that's fine. He's not wired like Jordan or Kobe.

I would have thought Wade would have been more of a competitor though, inviting a guy who's clearly better than you on your team that you won a championship for is very lame

PBY

Banned
The thing about LeBron is that he never wanted to be "the man". He would much rather play with friends, and if he doesn't have the ball at the end of the game that's fine. He's not wired like Jordan or Kobe.

I would have thought Wade would have been more of a competitor though, inviting a guy who's clearly better than you on your team that you won a championship for is very lame

Ugh.

Look at his supporting cast. I mean jesus christ dude

I have. Best record in the league back to back seasons. Such a horrible team.

Imagine Magic and Bird joining forces. Imagine MJ and Isaiah joining forces. Imagine Barkley and MJ joining forces.

I hated Lebron last year personally because of his free agent antics then the subsequent dumb Heat comments. This year, I think he's grown a bit after all the criticism he took. Haven't heard much of the arrogance that was present in the years before.

He needs to cut out the flopping. It's embarrassing for a player his stature.

Omega

Banned
The Big O was also past his prime by the time Kareem arrived. Kareem was the one who carried that team. Kareem arrived on the Lakers and it was mediocre which is why they never went far before Magic arrived.

Wilt was also passed his prime when he arrived in L.A. and was used as a defensive force. Lebron arrived in Miami during his prime and the prime of the two other players.

I am not hating on LeBron for leaving. I am hating on LeBron for joining a ready made championship team. For guaranteeing 8+ chips. For the way he handled the decision. For not having given up on his team during the playoffs the year before he left them for Miami.

Big O was still putting up decent numbers. It's not like I was able to watch them play though and stats don't tell the whole story.

I was able to watch the Cavs and that team was just pathetic. They made no effort to get LeBron some real help.

That's also not a championship team without him.

Big O was still putting up decent numbers. It's not like I was able to watch them play though and stats don't tell the whole story.

I was able to watch the Cavs and that team was just pathetic. They made no effort to get LeBron some real help.

That's also not a championship team without him.

They showed more effort against Boston in 2010 than LeBron did.

I have. Best record in the league back to back seasons. Such a horrible team.

Imagine Magic and Bird joining forces. Imagine MJ and Isaiah joining forces. Imagine Barkley and MJ joining forces.
Do you fault Kobe for playing with Shaq? Or getting Gasol giftwrapped to him? Teams generally need two or three dominant players to chip

Welcome to free agency, bro

Do you fault Kobe for playing with Shaq? Or getting Gasol giftwrapped to him? Teams generally need two or three dominant players to chip

Welcome to free agency, bro

Did Kobe sign as a free agent with Shaq? No? Ok then. Did Kobe sign as a free agent with the Lakers to play with Gasol? No? Ok. Keep trying.

If you honestly can't tell the difference between joining a team as a draft pick or having a player join your team compared to what LeBron pulled, I don't even know what to tell you.

Speaking of teams built to get to the Finals (instead of chipping) I'm worried that D Rose will suffer the same fate in Chicago in that their fate is to constantly be a 60 win team but can't get over the hump because of shitty players around him. I mean this is the same Bulls organization that gave Boozer max money....

Did Kobe sign as a free agent with Shaq? No? Ok then. Did Kobe sign as a free agent with the Lakers to play with Gasol? No? Ok. Keep trying.

If you honestly can't tell the difference between joining a team as a draft pick or having a player join your team compared to what LeBron pulled, I don't even know what to tell you.
Kobe was lucky enough to be drafted into one of the best organizations in basketball. If you can't see the difference between what he and LeBron went through for their first few years, I don't even know what to tell you.

What do you think Kobe will do when he is done playing? Will he be one of those we never hear from again, or do you think he will stay connected to the game?

I hope it won't be Jordan like. Between his joke ownership, and his terrible HOF speech. Respect dropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom