• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT2| OKC VS LA: Black on Black Crime

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBY

Banned
if the Heat win a title Bron will be the best player on that team. the idea that he's a side kick to Wade is out the window. LeBron is by far the superior player.

This. Wade himself has said it, and every game the gap between Lebron and Wade widens. Its Lebrons team.

PBY

Banned
What? I don't even know how this applies. If he does, he'd sure have flak for it but you're pulling something out of your ass right now.

Lol I'm mostly kidding- but I do think that the Bulls as currently constructed don't have enough to win a title.

if the Heat win a title Bron will be the best player on that team. the idea that he's a side kick to Wade is out the window. LeBron is by far the superior player.

This. Wade himself has said it, and every game the gap between Lebron and Wade widens. Its Lebrons team.

It's kinda sad watching Wade now. He isn't that clutch guy he used to be anymore. So you guys are right... If they win a championship, LBJ took them there.

Lol I'm mostly kidding- but I do think that the Bulls as currently constructed don't have enough to win a title.

Hah, okay. You got me. I was going to go mental on you.

Well who knows with the current roster as is... but as of the available players to play right now, you're right. And from the sound of things, CJ Watson might be the starting PG next year which is just insane. Korver and Brewer are gonna be off the team too so John Paxson and Gar Forman will have a lot of work to do in the offseason.

Jay Sosa

Can't wait for derrick rose to realize he can't win with your scrubs and pulls his own decision to go to new york.

That makes no sense..at all.

Because they lost after two of their most important players were hurt?

I'd love to see the Lakers win a series without Kobe..or the Celtics without Pierce or..you get the idea.

Boozer just has to live up to his contract and they will at least get to some eastern finals.

PBY

Banned

I'd love to see the Lakers win a series without Kobe..or the Celtics without Pierce or..you get the idea.

Boozer just has to live up to his contract and they will at least get to some eastern finals.

We beat you in 5 last year, and you were healthier than us?

I feel like this "guarantee" is taken out of context- rewatch the video.

marc-gasol-blake-griffin-crazy-faces.jpg

7avjzm

linsivvi

I feel like this "guarantee" is taken out of context- rewatch the video.

Lebron said:
NOT ONE, NOT TWO, NOT THREE … NOT FOUR … NOT FIVE … NOT SIX … NOT SEVEN NBA championships. And when I say that I really believe it. I'm not just blowing smoke at these fans because that’s not what I'm about. I'm about business, we believe we can win multiple championships if we take care of business and do it the right way.

When me and D-Wade are running the wing, I mean, Pat can come back and play like was back in his Kentucky days. Just throw it up there and we're gonna go get it.

Go ahead, give it a shot. Tell us what the proper context is. Summer league championship?

He didn't even mention Bosh. So I guess Mario Chalmers can just throw it up there and he and Wade will be able to go all the way.

Since that's what he's all about according to the man himself.

Go ahead, give it a shot. Tell us what the proper context is. Summer league championship?

He didn't even mention Bosh. So I guess Mario Chalmers can just throw it up there and he and Wade will be able to go all the way.

Since that's what he's all about according to the man himself.

Yeeeeeep. Apparently Peter knows Lebron better than Lebron knows himself.

eddie-murphy-laugh-o.gif

Gigglepoo

People forget that LeBron brought a lot of the Cavs' personnel troubles on himself. Management was always terrified that he would leave so they traded for older players so they could "win now" instead of building a younger team around LeBron. They were in an impossible situation because he wanted to be The King without earning his crown.

I actually agree with this.

I don't know if it was done intentionally or it was just the natural order of things, but Wade has taken a backseat to Lebron. Yes Lebron is now the superior player but it's also pretty clear that Wade has reduced his game and playing below his full potential this season. Clearly someone had to sacrifice their game for the Heat Experiment to work, and it seems Wade was the one who volunteered to do so.

The problem is no one has questioned Lebron's talent and dominance over other players. Lebron is a great frontrunner, but the problem is he keeps cracking when the pressure gets a little too real. I'm not sure making him "The Man" this year is going to solve that issue. When the Heat are actually in a competitive series where shots don't come easy, will Lebron finally man-up this year or will he start LeDeferring, chucking jumpers, and biting his nails like he has done for the past 8-9 years...

I personally just don't think handicapping Wade is the way for the Heat to win a championship. Last year Wade was the one who consistently showed up to the big games while Lebron shrunk. I think Lebron's saving grace this year is that the league particularly the East is so weak this year. They basically have a stress-ree pass to the Finals.

But it's just funny how every single year everyone is razzle dazzled by Lebron's regular season and early playoff round play (against Eastern scrubs). Then everyone gets so shocked when he metamorphosizes into the Cowardly Lion in the ECF or Finals. It's an annual event. Not sure what you guys have seen that makes you think this year will be any different.

I love how the Heat are no longer Wade's team now in this thread.

The Heat are Wade's team until he's traded, leaves, or is seriously injured and LBJ is expected by the team, fans and media to be the "closer". The narrative is and continues to be about Wade being the team's leader, being the champion player to show the team how to win, being the clutch/closer that LBJ has somehow not proven to be. Wade's play has slipped this season, definitely - but that doesn't mean that the team's leadership expectations changed.

If/when LBJ wins the title...if/when he does it as the definitive best player on the team...that will be when the team becomes "his". That's when the media narrative will change. That's when the fan perception will change.

For LBJ's sake, it had better be this season.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

The Heat are Wade's team until he's traded, leaves, or is seriously injured and LBJ is expected by the team, fans and media to be the "closer". The narrative is and continues to be about Wade being the team's leader, being the champion player to show the team how to win, being the clutch/closer that LBJ has somehow not proven to be. That is the current narrative.

If/when LBJ wins the title...if/when he does it as the definitive best player on the team...that will be when the team becomes "his". That's when the media narrative will change. That's when the fan perception will change.

Wade said its Lebron's team.

Several times.

Throughout this season.

Gigglepoo

Cloving said that he doesn't care about individual players all he cares about is his team. So we're in agreement that Lebron going to the Heat is the best thing that ever happened to the team right?

You think that signing LeBron is more important than drafting Wade? Wow, that's pretty cold.

The Heat are Wade's team until he's traded, leaves, or is seriously injured and LBJ is expected by the team, fans and media to be the "closer". The narrative is and continues to be about Wade being the team's leader, being the champion player to show the team how to win, being the clutch/closer that LBJ has somehow not proven to be. Wade's play has slipped this season, definitely - but that doesn't mean that the team's leadership expectations changed.

the Lakers were Kareem's team when Magic showed up. I guess all of Magic's rings were as a 2nd banana.

LeBron is CLEARLY superior to Wade. It's not even close. He's the best player on his team. That's how I determine who's team it is.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
You think that signing LeBron is more important than drafting Wade? Wow, that's pretty cold.

Somehow signing Lebron was better than winning a championship just four years prior. Pretty remarkable.

Lebron got drafted to an organization that catered to his every whim. Ricky Davis got shipped out because Lebron wanted him gone. Every move the cavs made probably had Lebron's input. The cavs weren't bad for him at all.

The Cavs won 60+ games 2 years in a row. Awful teams don't do that. They were a team built around Lebron. They were built to play defense, rebound and to wait for Lebron to feed them the ball for shots. Like the bulls with Rose.

Built for defense? They started Mo Williams, JJ Hickson, and Antawn Jamison. Their defense was LeBron and Andy V.

As far as importance for the Heat organization:

-Drafting Wade
-Trading for Shaq
-MJ's multiple championships
-Signing LeBron
-Marino's championsh....oh
-Signing Bosh

charsace

Built for defense? They started Mo Williams, JJ Hickson, and Antawn Jamison. Their defense was LeBron and Andy V.

You ever hear the saying, "the whole is greater than the sum of its parts?" You forget that they had a defensive coach in Mike Brown, a guy that learned from Pop, who is great at implementing team defensive strategy. Cavs had defense, rebounding and 3pt shooting.

Parker, moon and Z the first year of 60 wins. Also Jamison was a late season acquisition in the 2nd season and that move hurt their D.

Cavs were a team built to make 3s, play defense, and let Lebron be bron.

If bosh is out indefinitely I don't feel as bad about the heat winning. I still would love if they didn't but now they actually have to put some work in.

Wade has lost a step and isn't the player he once was. It's Lebron's team through and through. He's the best overall player in the NBA and definitely on the Heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom