• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT2| OKC VS LA: Black on Black Crime

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still say Bynum is better than that diva.

Laker fans are just so quick to turn on people. In 2008 all people said was "if we had Bynum you guys woulda lost!" and then in 2010 when they had Bynum and won, it was "see! we told you Bynum was the difference!"

Now all of a sudden he's the worst center ever and needs to be traded.

And he'll have 20 and 20 in game 7 and the Lakers will win by over 10.

Emwitus

If the lakers get knocked out, i'm jumping on the celtics bandwagon! I Honestly hope it happens cause I really hate this current laker team.

Laker fans are just so quick to turn on people. In 2008 all people said was "if we had Bynum you guys woulda lost!" and then in 2010 when they had Bynum and won, it was "see! we told you Bynum was the difference!"

No. His lack of heart is his undoing. Give me a guy like Vlade with heart over Bynum with none.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Pau is actually playing worse than he did last playoffs.

And certain members argued that he was too much to give up for CP3.

jman2050

I'm not one to deny Lakers fans propensity for crazy flip flopping, but the dude isn't even in Dwight's league still.

linsivvi

I don't really care what y'all consider me lol. what the what?!

I just want to make sure other posters don't confuse you as one of Lakers age, so they won't laughed at us when you said something crazy if you were a Laker fan.

Like rooting for the Celtics.

As long as everyone understands that, you're free to root for all 30 teams for all I care.

I love both teams, what's you're problem?

No you don't love both teams. You may enjoy both teams but you don't love both teams. You dont love two teams unless you're dream and he doesn't count. Go into MLB age and say youre a Redsox and Yankee fan, see what happens. Go into NFL age and say youre a Bears and Packers fan, see what happens. There are certain things you just dont do and root for the lakers and celtics is one.

Emwitus

I just want to make sure other posters don't confuse you as one of Lakers age, so they won't laughed at us when you said something crazy if you were a Laker fan.

Like rooting for the Celtics.

As long as everyone understands that, you're free to root for all 30 teams for all I care.

Again, what is your problem? It's just sports. I'm free to root for whatever team i like.

Emwitus

No you don't love both teams. You may enjoy both teams but you don't love both teams. You dont love two teams unless you're dream and he doesn't count. Go into MLB age and say youre a Redsox and Yankee fan, see what happens. Go into NFL age and say youre a Bears and Packers fan, see what happens. There are certain things you just dont do and root for the lakers and celtics is one.

Are you in my head? What is this matrix type stuff going on in here? Is this some unwritten rule on nba-gaf? I root for players whom i consider are the best at what they do. Garnett, Ray, Kobe, Timy, Dirk........I only come here to have fun while watching games since no one around me watched the nba. Nothing more nothing less.

Omega

Banned
I'm not one to deny Lakers fans propensity for crazy flip flopping, but the dude isn't even in Dwight's league still.

Perhaps.

I just really hate Dwight. I think he's overrated as a player who just relies on his athleticism. He's been in the league for 6 years or so and he still has no post game. Cries how he wants to be "the guy" and yet he never shows up when it's time. He's held his team hostage for no reason other than the fact that he's apparently just some puppet who is being controlled by his agent. Tried to get his coach fired and then pretends to be friendly with him.

Dude is mad fake and overrated. Can't stand him..I just want him out of the league.

KingJ2002

Man... the whole team didn't show up.

Like they just weren't up for playing basketball today.

Well... Hopefully that will change in game 7 with the return of MWP.

Kobe played his ass off the past 2 games... the rest of the team... ehhh.

and Bynum is still the best center in the playoffs. A bad game doesn't change that.

Game 1 still happened.

Omega

Banned
I'm a laker's fan and celtics fan. What you gonna do? Lol Seriously people.
Not that I care, but you said

I root for players whom i consider are the best at what they do.

I don't think calling yourself a fan of the team is "correct" but there's nothing wrong with rooting for both teams. Seems like you just root for them because of the players, and not actually the teams themselves.

Emwitus

I don't associate myself with anyone on this board, why should i? I don't originate from any of those cities let alone US and I LOVE BASKETBALL I'm a fan of the lakers and celtics because those two teams have Garnett and Kobe. Two of my fav players while i was growing up. I could care less for any of the rivalries people bring up.

I don't associate myself with anyone on this board, why should i? I don't originate from any of those cities let alone US and I LOVE BASKETBALL I'm a fan of the lakers and celtics because those two teams have Garnett and Kobe. Two of my fav players while i was growing up. I could care less for any of the rivalries people bring up.

So you're a fan of the players, not the team. Thats different. If LG was on the Suns and Kobe on the Knicks you'd root for those teams. That is different.

In the mid 90s Barkley was my fav player but I wasnt a Suns/Rockets fan.

you're a kobe fan and a garnett fan. nobody has a problem with that, nobody gives a shit who you associate with, but nobody is going to agree with your concept of 'fan'

Emwitus

So you're a fan of the players, not the team. Thats different. If LG was on the Suns and Kobe on the Knicks you'd root for those teams. That is different.

I'm a fan of a team because of the players on it.......Why are you a fan of the lakers? I'm sure others have their own critteria.

LuchaShaq

Banned

You mad that I root for every series to go 7/every game to be close.

Want either a shocking title winner (Pacers/sixers/Clippers/Denver) for the lulz, and if not that I'd love a heat title, not because I like them, but just for the meltdowns from people here and clowns like Bayless.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
you've just got a jacked definition

be a fan of basketball

saying you're a lakers and celtics fan... that doesn't even make sense. and for some reason, nba-gaf is being abnormally *shrug* about it. try going to a sports bar or a game and saying that out loud. they'd probably piss in your beers all night long

"hi guys! i'm a duke/unc/sox/yankees/mets/lakers/celtics fan! :3" vs "i just came to see a good game"

one is reasonable. the other is spoken like a teenage girl who can't decide which backstreet boy to masturbate to

Emwitus

you've just got a jacked definition

be a fan of basketball

saying you're a lakers and celtics fan... that doesn't even make sense. and for some reason, nba-gaf is being abnormally *shrug* about it. try going to a sports bar or a game and saying that out loud. they'd probably piss in your beers all night long

"hi guys! i'm a duke/unc/sox/yankees/mets/lakers/celtics fan! :3" vs "i just came to see a good game"

one is reasonable. the other is spoken like a teenage girl who can't decide which backstreet boy to masturbate to

I'm asking people why they are a FAN of those said teams........There has to be a reason right? And on your weird insult comment....I want only the lakers or celt's to win a championship. And before you ask, i'd pick la over celt's because kobe is my fav player of all time. Again, my own criteria.

I'm a fan of a team because of the players on it.......Why are you a fan of the lakers? I'm sure others have their own critteria.
Because i was born and raised in LA. Grew up going to Lakers games. Grew up with Chick and Stu, Magic, Vlade, Van Exel, Edie Jones, Kobe and Shaq. Regardless of where Kobe were to go I am still a Lakers fan and would root for the Lakers to destroy him and his team.

Emwitus

Because i was born and raised in LA. Grew up going to Lakers games. Grew up with Chick and Stu, Magic, Vlade, Van Exel, Edie Jones, Kobe and Shaq. Regardless of where Kobe were to go I am still a Lakers fan and would root for the Lakers to destroy him and his team.

You see, i wasn't born anywhere close to LA. So as an international, why do you think i should be a fan of a team?

Vandiger

Poor Kobe, plays his heart out while sick and the two other "stars" are just trash. I wouldn't blame Kobe if he wants out at this point. Game 7 should be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom