• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT2| OKC VS LA: Black on Black Crime

Status
Not open for further replies.
You see, i wasn't born anywhere close to LA. So as an international, why do you think i should be a fan of a team?
I never said you should. I said you are a fan of players and not teams. You said you are fans of the lakers and celtics. I was saying you arent. Being a fan of a player isnt the same as being a fan of a team.

Cloudy

Banned
Kobe said he can't wait for Ron to get back cos he's the only one who doesn't play scared and competes every night. Said guys let the team down tonight etc.

linsivvi

I started following basketball closely when I moved to OC, and the choice was clear: It's either listening to Chick Hearn or Bill Walton.

Canuck76

Banned
You see, i wasn't born anywhere close to LA. So as an international, why do you think i should be a fan of a team?

Are you just a fan of the celts and lakers? Are their teams your not a fan of?

It's fine to be a fan of multiple teams. But your not quite as "hardcore" i guess if you switch teams on the fly.

That sounds maybe a bit harsh but it's cool to be a more casual fan of basketball and just be fans of players and multiple teams. For me it's more rewarding to stay with a team throughout the good and the bad and sort of be a part of that history in a way.

But I won't judge you for your fandom being over multiple teams and players

Emwitus

I never said you should. I said you are a fan of players and not teams. You said you are fans of the lakers and celtics. I was saying you arent. Being a fan of a player isnt the same as being a fan of a team.

How do you think i can become a fan of a team if i wasn't born in any of those states? I live in dallas but no way do i consider myself a fan of the mavs. I root for them occassionally against younger teams but no way am i fan of the mavs. You can say i'm a fan of dirk tho.

How do you think i can become a fan of a team if i wasn't born in any of those states? I live in dallas but no way do i consider myself a fan of the mavs. I root for them occassionally against younger teams but no way am i fan of the mavs. You can say i'm a fan of dirk tho. FYI, i moved to dallas when i first got here.

You become a fan of a team by rooting for that team alone regardless of the players. Your dedication is to the team, not the players.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
also true, azn
I'm asking people why they are a FAN of those said teams........There has to be a reason right? And on your weird insult comment....I want only the lakers or celt's to win a championship. And before you ask, i'd pick la over celt's because kobe is my fav player of all time. Again, my own criteria.

Everyone has their different reasons for being fans of a team - its not really important. And its not even an insult (i now realize you're new and not aware of our resident backstreet boys fan). being a fan of a player, isn't the same as being a fan of a team. players come and go. all the time. its why cleveland fans are such an odd entity now.

but being a basketball fan is much different than being a fan of a team or a fan of a player.

you don't need a horse in the race to enjoy the race itself
CJ is not the one to have your back lolz

Emwitus

You become a fan of a team by rooting for that team alone regardless of the players. Your dedication is to the team, not the players.

Why should i root for one team over the others was my question? Like i said before, i loved watching different players while growing up. Played basketball in highschool and imitated some of them. Of the teams in the nba, I love the celts and Lakers most cause of KG and kobe. My love for the lakers, admittedly runs deeper since kobe has been on the team most of my basketball watching life.

Why should i root for one team over the others was my question? Like i said before, i loved watching different players while growing up. Played basketball in highschool and imitated some of them. Of the teams in the nba, I love the celts and Lakers most cause of KG and kobe. My love for the lakers, admittedly runs deeper since kobe has been on the team most of my basketball watching life.

But if Kobe went to the Bulls in 2007 you would have become a bulls fan. That is the difference. Its not better or worse but there is a difference in being a fan of a player and team.

+1

I'm a Cavs/Indians/Browns/Wolverines fan. But I'll root for the Pats/Spurs/Thunder/Bulls/Celtics/Ducks/Trojans when they're not playing my teams because I like certain players on those teams or their programs. I am not a fan of those teams; I'm a fan of certain players on those teams (Brady/Ginobli/Parker/Westbrook/Harden/Durant), and when those players move to different teams, I'll never watch another one of those teams' games on purpose ever again (until they play my teams).

I loved me some LeBron...when he was wearing my team's uni. I couldn't give 2 fucks about LeBron now. I'm a fan of the franchises first, and their effort to bring titles to my city of preference. Whereas, my little brother would wear a LeBron jersey no matter where in the NBA he was playing. You're more like my little brother than NBA-GAF.

Cloudy

Banned
You guys are arguing about who knows what and missing that Kobe just unloaded on Pau and Bynum lol

PS: LMAO @ Obama on Bulls fishing boat

Emwitus

Of course you can post whatever you want...as long as you don't pretend to represent Lakers-age by saying we will be joining them soon.

I don't pretend to be.....I don't even want to be lol At this point, being called knicks-age would be a compliment.

Vandiger

He isn't Lebron. He won't give up on his team.

I think the common factor here, is Mike Brown. The guy looks like garbage compared to more experienced head coaches. I'm still kinda shocked he was signed for 4 years, does Kobe want to go through several more years of this fool. Team will need some major restructuring, don't know if Lakers want to be tied to a petulant diva like Bynum for the long term.

I think the common factor here, is Mike Brown. The guy looks like garbage compared to more experienced head coaches. I'm still kinda shocked he was signed for 4 years, does Kobe want to go through several more years of this fool. Team will need some major restructuring, don't know if Lakers want to be tied to a petulant diva like Bynum for the long term.

Bynum's contract is up after next year.

"If you think it's time for The Lakers to rebuild say yea!"

tumblr_lfkbf2Qc201qze68wo1_400.gif

Canuck76

Banned
Said he can't wait for Ron to get back cos he's the only one who doesn't play scared and competes every night. Said guys let the team down tonight etc.

Why wasn't he saying that crap on the court? He has every right to scream at everybody out there.

Granted he was sick so maybe he was just like "screw it i'll drop bombs at the press conference"

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Can't believe Morey ever wanted to build a team around Gasol lol :|

Said he can't wait for Ron to get back cos he's the only one who doesn't play scared and competes every night. Said guys let the team down tonight etc.

Welp, the Lakers will have lost a 3-1 lead for the second time in 6 years. No way Bynum and Gasol show up on Saturday.

Wah wah wah.

bluemax

Banned
Fuck this pussy fandom shit. As far as I'm concerned Kevin Durant and everyone involved with OKC not named Nick Collison are dead and can rot in hell.

I still like this current team. 2nd round was the ceiling before Sess came, and WCF was the ceiling after.

It's a tough position currently.

Kobe only has a few years left before he hangs it up. I'd rather he make a few deep playoff runs this, next season and maybe the season after that.

The other option is to blow it up and have Kobe struggle to make the playoffs with scrubs for the rest of his career.

The re-build shouldn't start til Kobe calls it a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom