• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT| Beautiful Black Bodies on Top

I thought I was about to post this .gif

Naslost.gif

Emwitus

This team doesn't deserve to win anything this season. I don't see the defense improving at all, with nash,kobe and pau ending games....and add to that d'antoni plays them like 50 mins prior. Utter shit. This was a must win game in my eyes. We are going to be 5 games under .500 by next week.

EDIT: I won't even start on kome mode.

BobLoblaw

Banned
I think the most important question to anyone who cares about the Lakers (not me) is whether this bumblefuck team can even make the playoffs.

1) It's only been 5 games since Nash came back and they've had their full line-up. 3-2 after tonight in those 5 games

2) Dwight isn't fully healed yet. SVG mentioned it the other day, that his back isn't fully healed. Give it another month

3) They'll still make the playoffs, anywhere from 6-8 seed. All they have to do is make it and then anything can happen. The only team I'm even worried about in a 7-game series are the Spurs.

4) I guarantee they'll go on a tear after the all-star break. By then, Howard will be 100%, and the line-up will have enough time to gel. They've had 5 games together, 5. And they're 3-2 in them, just give it time.

1) It's only been 5 games since Nash came back and they've had their full line-up. 3-2 after tonight in those 5 games

2) Dwight isn't fully healed yet. SVG mentioned it the other day, that his back isn't fully healed. Give it another month

3) They'll still make the playoffs, anywhere from 6-8 seed. All they have to do is make it and then anything can happen. The only team I'm even worried about in a 7-game series are the Spurs.

4) I guarantee they'll go on a tear after the all-star break. By then, Howard will be 100%, and the line-up will have enough time to gel. They've had 5 games together, 5. And they're 3-2 in them, just give it time.

Not buying into this.

I truly don't understand how a guy with those kinds of physical attributes can look like such ass sometimes.
He's not healthy. Today was originally supposed to be his first game of the season.

He's got til Allstar break to go til he's closer to healthy. Against Portland his hops looked good. Tonight he looked slow.

3/22 from 3. 10 missed fts and 3/19 from pau and Dwight. It's a miracle it was a four point game.

Edit: lakers easily make the playoffs without another major injury. Not worried a out that. Tonight was just a bad night. Unfortunately they have used up their season allotment of those because of the bad start thanks to Nash's injury.

Not buying into this.

Have they or have they not only had 5 games with the big 4 under D'Antoni? You don't have to buy into anything, I'm not even stating opinions except for the last bullet-point, which was a prediction.

The fact is that the Lakers have played 5 games with their full roster and they're 3-2 in those games. And this is a brand new offense for most of them. Just give it time, seriously.

He's not healthy. Today was originally supposed to be his first game of the season.

He's got til Allstar break to go til he's closer to healthy. Against Portland his hops looked good. Tonight he looked slow.

3/22 from 3. 10 missed fts and 3/19 from pau and Dwight. It's a miracle it was a four point game.

Yup.

jman2050

Dude, this isn't baseball. There are at least six teams in the west better than the Lakers and all of them would win a seven-game series a majority of the time.

Lakers have no margin of error if they still want to make the playoffs since they have 10 b2bs and still have to play OKC, Miami, Memphis, San Antonio and the Clippers 11 times

Edit: lakers easily make the playoffs without another major injury. Not worried a out that. Tonight was just a bad night. Unfortunately they have used up their season allotment of those because of the bad start thanks to Nash's injury.

Mamba you balance my bi polar 14 year old girl self.

Cloudy

Banned
you're stamping nash as the escape goat?
how about blaming dan toni's idiotic substitution. how about blaming dan toni's non-existent defensive scheme.

I think Dwight and Pau were the reason we lost. I'm just saying Nash's best qualities depend on other guys to not play like shit...

Dude, this isn't baseball. There are at least six teams in the west better than the Lakers and all of them would win a seven-game series a majority of the time.

No, they wouldn't.

Who's better? San Antonio. All the others are debatable in a 7-game series. The Clippers would lose, they're too inexperienced. Memphis would lose. OKC isn't as scary without Harden. Golden State is a wildcard, we'll see.

By the way, I can't believe how wrong I was about Harden. He's a total stud, a superstar.

Emwitus

I honestly don't think we are making the playoffs. D'antoni still thinks nash is 30....and plays him as such. When nash goes down, lakers are over. D'antoni has absolutely no clue on defense. Absolutely no clue. I actually thought it was an exaggeration. His idea of good defense is getting a young guy on a player and switch on everything. No schemes, no philosophy, no substitutions to march opposing teams moves. It's like brown stuck in one gear of shit.

bjb

Banned
Dwight getting bullied by Spencer Hawes and Kwame Brown lol. Nash was completely humiliated every time Jrue Holiday wanted to score.

Can't wait for the Clipper game. What a great season thus far.

The Lakers don't have time to turn it around if they keep it at this rate.....They are Sixer Good at best right now....and they play in the West.

Top Bottom