• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT| Beautiful Black Bodies on Top

I always maintained end of January is when I'll judge this team.

I know it's frustrating Roy. Especially knowing 2 more threes and its a different game. Lakers have been a good offensive team without Nash. Tonight the shots just didnt fall. This is a game where normally lakers would win 117-103. Ball wouldn't drop. Defense wasn't good but I thought the offense got very good looks.

First time the lost with low turnovers too.

I'm 99% certain the Lakers make the playoffs, but San Antonio is scary as hell. Best hope is a wildcard like Golden State upsetting them like they did to the Mavs several years ago.

q6I7Q.png

lakers bout to go on a 6 game losing streak. They might beat denver though.

edit: just realize they're gonna face the spurs on a B2B. lawl

Dwight getting bullied by Spencer Hawes and Kwame Brown lol. Nash was completely humiliated every time Jrue Holiday wanted to score.

Can't wait for the Clipper game. What a great season thus far.

Kwame does a number on Pau and Dwight too.

This game was an example of going for the quick hits after your two big men failed time and time again to score against their defenders. They weren't fleeing from a gameplan that was working, not tonight at least.

Dwight looked really bad physically tonight. That's the one thing that truly worries me because they obviously need him to be healthy soon. He looked old out there. Couldn't jump or run and pnr d ugh.

bjb

Banned
This game was an example of going for the quick hits after your two big men failed time and time again to score against their defenders. They weren't fleeing from a gameplan that was working, not tonight at least.

Kobe jacked up some horrific shots in the 4th. I don't blame him, though because everyone else is just awful right now. Game would've been a wash even earlier if the refs didn't keep bailing out Gasol to the line.

Speaking of which, watching him just stand there with Dwight while Jrue comes right down the lane and dunks was hilarious.

Have they or have they not only had 5 games with the big 4 under D'Antoni? You don't have to buy into anything, I'm not even stating opinions except for the last bullet-point, which was a prediction.

The fact is that the Lakers have played 5 games with their full roster and they're 3-2 in those games. And this is a brand new offense for most of them. Just give it time, seriously.

Yup.
hmm, fuck awful D under a coach known for not giving a fuck about it. old ass backcourt that aint shutting down anyone.

thekad

Banned
q6I7Q.png

lakers bout to go on a 6 game losing streak. They might beat denver though.

edit: just realize they're gonna face the spurs on a B2B. lawl

Decent amount of rest between games so this should be a decent barometer of where they stand as a team. If they go 4-1 over that stretch (losing to the Spurs on a b2b), people will be back to calling them contenders. If they go 1-4 or 0-5, Black Mamba might be the only one left on the bandwagon.

Decent amount of rest between games so this should be a decent barometer of where they stand as a team. If they go 4-1 over that stretch (losing to the Spurs on a b2b), people will be back to calling them contenders. If they go 1-4 or 0-5, Black Mamba might be the only one left on the bandwagon.
I'm on it straight into the dead end baby!

Dwight looked really bad physically tonight. That's the one thing that truly worries me because they obviously need him to be healthy soon. He looked old out there. Couldn't jump or run and pnr d ugh.

If they were somehow like 10 games over .500 or something, he wouldn't even suiting up right now. He needs a few weeks off, but with their current record they got no choice but to throw him out there.

I believe Puddles got the perma axe when a mod discovered he had previously been perma-ed as GreenShinobi

....that leaves us with the mystery of forceatowulf...Maybe I'm confusing one of the usernames but...

I thought the same to, as forceatowful's tag refers to GreenShinobi, that's what you are thinking right?

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I'd go back and find every post Lakers fans made after the Dwight trade but I'm lazy.

I'm 99% certain the Lakers make the playoffs, but San Antonio is scary as hell. Best hope is a wildcard like Golden State upsetting them like they did to the Mavs several years ago.

That would be awesome but it isn't happening. SA/OKC coming out of the west. I am as amazed and frustrated as anyone at how fucking awful the lakers are. I can't be the only one who wants to see nash get a ring SLIGHTLY more than they want to see dwight howard perpetually lose.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I always love the storylines of how a large market team loses, and not how the other team won.

CEc3E.png

Can anyone tell who the Knicks even played judging by this picture?

I always love the storylines of how a large market team loses, and not how the other team won.

CEc3E.png

Check the nba.com highlights. There's like one mention of the blazers before lillard's dagger.

Also, look at the blurred wes jersey. It's like... a metaphor... mannnnnn

Emwitus

I think you meant cloudy...

That would be awesome but it isn't happening. SA/OKC coming out of the west. I am as amazed and frustrated as anyone at how fucking awful the lakers are. I can't be the only one who wants to see nash get a ring SLIGHTLY more than they want to see dwight howard perpetually lose.

dwight being a loathsome cunt and the biggest cancer in the league outweighs nice guy nash

Antonio harvey gave my family some crack-addictive buttered caramel popcorn with a really loud blazers xmas bell on it. I gained 5 points toward my diabetes rating, and my dog jingled her way straight to my mom's shitlist within 2 hours wearing that thing on her collar.

fuck dwight ,fuck ron artest, cant stand those two. and Mamba getting a 6th ring opens up the floodgates of media and Kobe stans acting like hes on jeffrey's level.
I would rather see the fucking Heatles chip than that scenario.

pilonv1

Strauss has really killed it on Twitter this year. The value of Not Having Monta transcends on-court basketball.

Not Having Monta is almost as good as Epke Udohs +/- last year. He's probably my favourite NBA twitter account, although his fascination with Drummond is worrisome.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

CEc3E.png

What do you want someone to say. That Headline's either because Amare returning and the Knicks losing in the same game is the better story than a ROY whose demeanor isn't going to draw media attention

Or that the average fan doesn't care about the trailblazer or even know where Portland is....

Either way your going to complain you deserve more respect from ESPN.... The reality is its ESPN so you shouldn't care.

I'm pretty sure with his injury that he would move closer to breaking down from the rigors of a season, rather than playing into shape like most seem to imply. He really needs a full conditioning period.

pilonv1

Warriors are 21-10, same record as the Knicks, only won 23 games all of last year and have the second most wins on the road in the league. How often do you think they get mentioned?

ESPN are the dirt worst.

otapnam

Warriors are 21-10, same record as the Knicks, only won 23 games all of last year and have the second most wins on the road in the league. How often do you think they get mentioned?

ESPN are the dirt worst.

thats why i just listen to 95.7 THE GAME (SF bay area) and read deadspin + GAF. lol

first take spent 5 minutes arguing about lebrons wallpaper or screensaver or whatever the hell it was. 300 seconds of airtime for that. fuck espn.

lulz i'm listening to the espn LA radio and they have this caller with a super thick french accent ranting about how much dwight sucks

its awesome

ESPN are the dirt worst.

Giants/49ers>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Warriors. Even the A's were a bigger deal than y'all.

Top Bottom