• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA PLAYOFFS |OT| One man's Smith.. Is another man's treasure.

Jonm1010

Banned
Why are people so questionable of Atlanta but giving GSW basically a guarantee of the finals?

I keep hearing posters and media heads all talking like Atlanta will be lucky to get out of the second round. Like they have no real chance. Or at least would be shocked if they beat Cleveland.

I mean if there is a team that reminds me of the old Pistons that won a title without any real superstar this is it. Their starting 5 has no real holes. Each of them are basically borderline allstars. They have veterans, they have playoff experience, a great coach, a solid bench, they are healthy, they have a very good defense and have home court advantage throughout. They play the type of team basketball analytics guys dream of and has found lots of success in the playoffs.

Why are people so questionable of Atlanta but giving GSW basically a guarantee of the finals?

I keep hearing posters and media heads all talking like Atlanta will be lucky to get out of the second round. Like they have no real chance. Or at least would be shocked if they beat Cleveland.

I mean if there is a team that reminds me of the old Pistons that won a title without any real superstar this is it. Their starting 5 has no real holes. Each of them are basically borderline allstars. They have veterans, they have playoff experience, a great coach, a solid bench, they are healthy, they have a very good defense and have home court advantage throughout. They play the type of team basketball analytics guys dream of and has found lots of success in the playoffs.

"It's a stars league and the Warriors have a cohesive team + a potential MVP". It's an easy argument that sports writers/personalities have used time and time again since the dawn of sports media. There's nothing to get. Your team has a legitimate chance at a title as well as a handful of other teams in the league. Don't worry about popular opinions. That's why they play the games...

falcons-noise.jpg
LMao took me like a minute to get it.

Edit man these grizzlies.. you get and1, you get and1, every griz gets and1

ViciousDS

Banned
Would be badass if bulls could land Marc next year to have the gasol brothers play together. Duo like that would be insane.

Top Bottom