• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA PLAYOFFS |OT| One man's Smith.. Is another man's treasure.

lol what the fuck williams, wide open like 10 feet and you miss it? They deserve to lose.

then again, the Hawks should be mighty worried with a performance like this.

tmdorsey

Some people might say we didn't look good and probably think we should have blown the Nets out, but I'm just happy to get the win and be up 2-0. It's damn hard to beat a team 6 times in a row.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Zero reason Jack shouldn't start over Williams.

Coach should be telling him now to be ready to start game 3.

At any rate just happy the Hawks won.

JNA

Banned
Hawks barely won, 2nd round is going to be interested

Barely winning or not is still winning. Just shows that the Nets are playing hard (besides Deron) and Hawks getting more tested.

2008 Celtics went 7 games every round except the finals.

The shitty thing about being a Mavs fan is that they can't even tank next year since they gave away their 1st and 2nd round 2016 draft pick for Rondo. Cuban and the Mavs FO are fucking idiots.

tumblr_nbrqxkhs9y1rbc9h1o1_400.gif

You know your team sucks when they can't even tank :(

JNA

Banned
Always loved Zbo. Always plays hard on the board and scoring.

The shitty thing about being a Mavs fan is that they can't even tank next year since they gave away their 1st and 2nd round 2016 draft pick for Rondo. Cuban and the Mavs FO are fucking idiots.

tumblr_nbrqxkhs9y1rbc9h1o1_400.gif

You know your team sucks when they can't even tank :(

Are the picks not protected at all?

ViciousDS

Banned
Always loved Zbo. Always plays hard on the board and scoring.

Are the picks not protected at all?

The Celtics got two future Draft picks (a 2015 first-rounder and a 2016 second-rounder)

could not find anything on them being protected.....they sound like straight forward draft picks

edit: nvm found them

Protections on the 2015 first-round pick Dallas sent Boston: Protected 1-3 and 15-30 in 2015; 2016-2020 protected to No. 7.

JNA

Banned
The Celtics got two future Draft picks (a 2015 first-rounder and a 2016 second-rounder)

could not find anything on them being protected.....they sound like straight forward draft picks

edit: nvm found them

Top 7 is protected, so it's not that bad. Can still tank but some hardcore tanking would need to be done, Cubes ego is to big for that though.

Ah, gotcha.

Well hey, if the Lakers can tank with a top 5 protected pick (please god), so can the Mavs with top 7 right!? :D

Hopefully this will be a good game between the clips & spurs.

Also yeah, I think Stotts is gone if Portland keeps this up despite the injuries.

Read earlier that Presti didn't consult any of the players before he fired Brooks.

spyder_ur

Spurs are so ice cold right now.

Gotta give credit to Doc - he is doing a great job getting sets that are playing to his team's strength. Just watch how active Blake is and how much ground he is covering in a given possession. It's really stressing the advantages that the Clips have, namely that the Spurs have no one who can stay with Griffin for any length of time.

Spurs are outclassed athletically in this series. But they have been before. They can overcome that. They have to shoot better though.

Got to give props to the Clippers. I don't dislike them as a Lakers die-hard; they've suffered more than almost any other team in entire Professional sports. Regardless, I do hope they win; Spurs have been too good for too long, and know nothing but success.

Jonm1010

Banned
Spurs are so ice cold right now.

Gotta give credit to Doc - he is doing a great job getting sets that are playing to his team's strength. Just watch how active Blake is and how much ground he is covering in a given possession. It's really stressing the advantages that the Clips have, namely that the Spurs have no one who can stay with Griffin for any length of time.

Spurs are outclassed athletically in this series. But they have been before. They can overcome that. They have to shoot better though.

The Spurs have the depth and scoring versatility.

The Clips depth is pathetic and if they can just manage to slow down Griffin or CP3 the rest will likely work itself out.

Griffin is going to be tired by the fourth. CP3 is unclutch as shit nowadays. Keep the game in reach and I think they can win the marathon of the game even if they lose 3 quarters.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Griffin patterns his game around duncan? Yeah definitely duncan has lasted this long by doing double backflips through rings of fire for sure.

spyder_ur

The Spurs have the depth and scoring versatility.

The Clips depth is pathetic and if they can just manage to slow down Griffin or CP3 the rest will likely work itself out.

Griffin is going to be tired by the fourth. CP3 is unclutch as shit nowadays. Keep the game in reach and I think they can win the marathon of the game even if they lose 3 quarters.

Yeah Griffin is looking a little gassed already. I really noticed it on TNT Overtime because they have the player cams and it's on him tonight - was huffing on the bench.

Duncan is absolutely destroying Jordan. As good as Jordan is with help defense, he is not a great post defender. It's funny how those two traits don't go hand in hand with a lot of players.

Spurs are switching on Paul more and throwing length at him as well. It's made a big difference, length has always bothered Paul because he relies on his midrange game so much. Spurs are finding some answers here - would help if Parker gave them anything at all.

Chichikov

My buddy and I were talking about this recently. Has there ever been a superstar player where there is less variance between his great and 'down' (relatively) seasons? Can't think of one.
Karl Malone.
Duncan is a better player overall, but you can make the case that Malone was even more consistent than him.
He only scored below 20 pts per game in his first and last season, and his lowest rebounds per game was 7.8.

spyder_ur

John Stockton comes to mind. That dude's PER bounced between 21 and 24 from 1988 to 2003, when he was 40.

Karl Malone.
Duncan is a better player overall, but you can make the case that Malone was even more consistent than him.
He only scored below 20 pts per game in his first and last season, and his lowest rebounds per game was 7.8.

Those are good ones, Malone came to mind. Stockton stat is unreal. The thing about Duncan though is every movement and motion seems almost identical to when he came out of school. Malone had that athletic freak portion of his career.

WTF happened to the Spurs 3pt shooting? Jesus christ

edit: ^ lol ya @shwagger, that last clip of Ballmer looked like he was making his alien mating call or something.

Top Bottom