• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA PLAYOFFS |OT| One man's Smith.. Is another man's treasure.

Fjordson

Eh, San Antonio is a lot less West than Golden State. And the two hour time zone difference means all the old sports writers can still catch Spurs games before they go to bed.

It's alright. Slighted Draymond is better for our playoff chances I think.

Ugh, media is already coming out that the Mavs are going after LMA along with the Lakers and Knicks. Supposedly the Spurs are gonna make a run at him at too.

Just stop and tank next year Mavs, you're not getting LMA.

All praise Mark Cuban.

l2rOwae.jpg

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Ugh, media is already coming out that the Mavs are going after LMA along with the Lakers and Knicks. Supposedly the Spurs are gonna make a run at him at too.

All praise Mark Cuban.

l2rOwae.jpg

After this pitiful playoff performance by the Blazers, LMA might bolt.

All praise Mark Cuban.

l2rOwae.jpg

Real talk: LMA *looks* like a San Antonio Spur. Kinda homely, kinda melo personality, produces no matter what.

Their reign would continue for a long time to come if they picked LMA up. Going to LA or NYK is just asking to go from bad to worse for years to come.

Jonm1010

Banned

All praise Mark Cuban.

l2rOwae.jpg

Cuban is going to run that organization into the ground chasing superstars. They already passed on Giannis Antetokounmpo to save a few dollars to throw at Howard.

But hey, Im all for it. Dalls falling means the West gets a little easier for the Pelicans next season.

All praise Mark Cuban.

l2rOwae.jpg

Sources close to Houston's FO claim LMA wants to come to Houston if we find the cap space. It's the same source that called Dwight coming to Houston.

I'd rather the Spurs save the money and try to make a run at Davis when he becomes a free agent. I'm skeptical NO will put the pieces around him to allow him to succeed. If he can join up with Leonard and Pop (if he doesn't decide to ride out with Timmy)...

I'd rather the Spurs save the money and try to make a run at Davis when he becomes a free agent. I'm skeptical NO will put the pieces around him to allow him to succeed. If he can join up with Leonard and Pop (if he doesn't decide to ride out with Timmy)...

I don't think New Orleans is ever going to be a real contender, and I definitely see him leaving as soon as he can.

I don't see him going to a small market team though. I think he will go to a big market like New York, Boston, or Los Angeles, but I guess it really depends on what Durant and Westbrook decide to do.

El Topo

Silver help us all if that happens.

I don't think New Orleans is ever going to be a real contender, and I definitely see him leaving as soon as he can.

I don't see him going to a small market team though. I think he will go to a big market like New York, Boston, or Los Angeles, but I guess it really depends on what Durant and Westbrook decide to do.

How about the 76ers or the Knicks? I would like to see these two happens.

See I think Durant or Westbrook will wind up in two of those three places, and I think if the Spurs hold onto the cash and build a strong team behind Leonard, with Pop still at the helm, he has a legitimate chance at competing for multiple titles. The bigger question is would he want to have to play in the shadow of Duncan? And would he be willing to do what it takes to lengthen his career like Duncan and Ginobli?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Pop is an old man (66). I think he'll stay around until Timmy retires, but I can see him sticking around for TP to retire (he's 32, so 4ish more years).

Boston is big market? San Antonio has over twice as many people.

overcast

Why is it always assumed that Westbrook/Durant/Love and all these big names can't go anywhere else? It's always Knicks/Lakers/Celtics.. Is it the prestige of the franchises, the money on the table, the legacy, or delusional fan dreams?

Cause why would anybody willingly go to the Knicks or Lakers right now? Money surely.

Tom Penny

Why is it always assumed that Westbrook/Durant/Love and all these big names can't go anywhere else? It's always Knicks/Lakers/Celtics.. Is it the prestige of the franchises, the money on the table, the legacy, or delusional fan dreams?

Cause why would anybody willingly go to the Knicks or Lakers right now? Money surely.

Yeah the way Boston historically has gotten marque free agents like Raef Lafrentz just isn't fair..what they trade for that bum. Their best FA signing ever was probably old Dominque Wilkins.

Nostalgic prestige and city life, I'm sure. Still, I wouldn't underestimate playing for a championship caliber organization. Out of "the big three" only Boston strikes me as the team that will manage to turn its ship around and become something once again. Lakers and Knicks I think are going to revel in mediocrity for awhile longer...

Still, San Antonio will continue to be a championship caliber organization with Leonard that, with a lot of freed up money to make a run at a big FA that's willing to play within a system, could be much more alluring than people give them credit for. Hopefully Davis is willing. A Leonard - Davis tandem is my desire for post-Duncan SA.

More about living in LA and New York. KD signed with Roc Nation, I think Jay Z and his crew knows how profitable it would be for KD to go to a bigger market. What free agent wants to go to the Celtics? Love isn't going to the Cs, he ain't staying in the same conference as LBJ. My fear is that if the Cs could get any superstar it would be DeMarcus Cousins( please Pete D'Alessandro Kings GM trade him to your old boss Masai Ujiri) via trade because of how abysmal of a franchise the Kings are and how many picks the Celtics have.

Gigi in the game early? I like where this is going!

All the stars in their prime want to go to the Celtics.

Remember when Cavs fans were this loud, ever?

I certainly don't.

ah yes, the "crowd is louder" moral victory

right up there next to the "down 2-0 but at least we didn't lose by 20 yet" moral victory

(but not "well, at least we didn't just miss 3 layups in a row right next to the basket". that one's an actual victory.)

right up there next to the "down 2-0 but at least we didn't lose by 20 yet" moral victory

(but not "well, at least we didn't just miss 3 layups in a row right next to the basket". that one's an actual victory.)

We shall follow up all of these moral victories with 4 straight actual victories.

Sanjuro

...who are you talking to?

Pimpwerx

Fun fact I learned yesteday. One of the guys in my building that worked for the Heat was actually Burnie. Dude was pretty quiet too, so I guess it makes sense. Being a mascot must pay decently well. PEACE.

h1nch

Boston is big market? San Antonio has over twice as many people.

Boston's metro area has 2x more people than SA's metro area.

SA has a large population count because the city limits are stretched crazy wide, but there aren't any real surrounding communities or proper suburbs (SA is basically a giant suburb)

Result is that SA is considered a small market, especially when it comes to TV viewers.

Top Bottom