• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA PLAYOFFS |OT| One man's Smith.. Is another man's treasure.

Bulls' front office are little kids if they are going to let go a coach of that magnitude over aspects like playing time, etc...

This isn't Scott Skiles, this is TOM FUCKING THIBODEAU.

Yeah, I'll be carrying signs ripping into Paxson & Forman at the United Center next year if they force him out...
at the 2 games I can afford to go to each year.

Bulls Starters ORtg & DRtg through 4 games;

Player ORtg DRtg
Noah 83 91
Gasol 95 89
Dunleavy 132 98
Butler 127 97
Rose 109 97

What the hell happened to Noah this year? 4th in the MVP race and and DPOTY and now he's Kendrick Perkins bad and he makes Gasol worse due to spacing.

Tom Penny

Yeah, I'll be carrying signs ripping into Paxson & Forman at the United Center next year if they force him out...
at the 2 games I can afford to go to each year.

Bulls Starters ORtg & DRtg through 4 games;

Player ORtg DRtg
Noah 83 91
Gasol 95 89
Dunleavy 132 98
Butler 127 97
Rose 109 97

What the hell happened to Noah this year? 4th in the MVP race and and DPOTY and now he's Kendrick Perkins bad and he makes Gasol worse due to spacing.

Noah shouldn't be playing or limited minutes for sure. He's not having any positive impact when I've seen him on the court.

3671525-3346674585-mj-la.gif

I love this site. Thank God it represents less 1% of the internet.

That's some deep conspiracy shit.

Are you being sarcastic...

He's on to something though. Maybe the pressure was getting to Love and he decided to go out with an injury rather than look bad next to LeBron and Kyrie.

I mean, if it was wrestling, right. Love gets injured early, makes a miraculous return later. Bonus points if he turns heel.

Think nWo versus the Four Horseman at Fall Brawl 97 and Curt Hennig, for example.

Dynomutt

He's on to something though. Maybe the pressure was getting to Love and he decided to go out with an injury rather than look bad next to LeBron and Kyrie.

Wow. Why would you even plant a seed like that..
I'm bugging out at the possibility. That's is some sub-conscious stuff right there. They said he may be out 2 weeks. Didn't even think about it like that.

They use the injury excuse and it might have something to do with it but ever since Gasol, Noah has become one dimensional just looking for cutters to pass to and not being ANY offensive threat.

He used to be good for 10 or so points a game and actually used to be a decent freethrow shooter.

He still plays hard but I don't like this change as any well coached team can take away his "pointguard" play.

To me, Gasol is the better defender on the team and I am surprised at that.

C4Lukins

Why can't they finish the job... this is the best opportunity to get rest before the next round. -_-

Because we do not have Rondo mucking up the works.

I keep hearing that either the Lakers or Knicks are going to give Rondo big money. I hope they do. It is like buying cancer.

overcast

Rondo didn't single handily lose you guys those games. We also grabbed game 3.

Not to say he didn't play awful and Barea is particularly playing great. Our defense has been abysmal.

C4Lukins

Rondo didn't single handily lose you guys those games. We also grabbed game 3.

Not to say he didn't play awful and Barea is particularly playing great. Our defense has been abysmal.

No of course. You guys have a lot of injuries as well.

But the celtics went from something like winning 30% of the time before he left to over 50% wins after he left, and the Mavs went from a 60% plus to a 50% team after he arrived.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
This one must sting for Mavs fans knowing this series could be a completely different story if it could be done over.

overcast

This one must sting for Mavs fans knowing this series could be a completely different story if it could be done over.
See this is annoying to me. Cause we did our thing those first 3 games. We're missing two key players.

Last year we lost a heartbreaking series, it happens.

Some games it looks like the Spurs care... And then there are games like this. This team has been so inconsistent. Not going to panic after doing that with last year's series against the Mavs. Still, Blake and Little Baby had their way all game, and the Spurs gave up way too many rebounds to Jordan.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
See this is annoying to me. Cause we did our thing those first 3 games. We're missing two key players.

Last year we lost a heartbreaking series, it happens.

Dude relax, this is a unique circumstance. No reason to get all worked up over "your" team.

C4Lukins

Barea has an amazing amount of energy.

Dallas has a lot of heart. And Houston is really not that good. When JJ Barea becomes your focus, you are not going to make it past the second round. A Howard team will never win a championship. Just an empty vessel.

Vyer

Barea has an amazing amount of energy.

Dallas has a lot of heart. And Houston is really not that good. When JJ Barea becomes your focus, you are not going to make it past the second round. A Howard team will never win a championship. Just an empty vessel.

Howard's FTs hurt tonight, be he's hardly the problem for this team.

When JJ Barea is your only hope to win a game, your front office has done a poor job of putting a team together.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/jr-smith-nervous-as-hell-about-possible-suspension/ar-BBiIfKd

Jr. Smith explaining what happened.

He should be out for the whole playoffs not for the shot but for this hysterical description of the events.

“He was cutting into the lane after the shot had been shot, I tried to box him out,” Smith said. “As I’m boxing him out, I just kept feeling is forearm on my head. Tried to keep backing up, but he kept pushing. Unfortunately, I tried to swing my arm loose thinking it was the best way to get my arm up in position to rebound and we made contact.

“There was nothing malicious about it. I didn’t try to do anything to hurt him or anybody else. That’s not the way I play the game and unfortunately I got a flagrant 2. I let my teammates down. We still advance, but it’s still not a good feeling going into the next round.”

Top Bottom