• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA PLAYOFFS |OT| One man's Smith.. Is another man's treasure.

Is Mike Miller ever going to step on the court?

With the impending JR suspension, I'm actually expecting to see more of the Corpse Crew than I ever wanted to.

(I'm gonna lose my shit if Love pulls a 2012 Bosh and comes back halfway through the ECF, assuming Cleveland actually gets there.)

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
No Love, no ring for Lebron, though he should have no problem getting to the finals.

With the impending JR suspension, I'm actually expecting to see more of the Corpse Crew than I ever wanted to

If he gets less than 5 games, then the Cleveland to the finals fix is in.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
If it was the regular season JR would get 5. Nobody wants to see the champs determined via injuries and suspensions.

The punishment does not fit the "crime" though.

Not at all.

Yeah, losing Olynyk for next year's regular season games does nothing. He should get 5.

Dude's done for the year. Tears are usually 3 months recovery after surgery.
If they make it to the NBA Finals, he might be able to come back.

my favorite thing is "they've been using him wrong!" all season long without any detailed basis, as if his 3 attempts weren't already trending dramatically higher in minnesota, and as if bosh didn't have similar issues in year 1

Kevin Love isn't garbage, but the Cavs have made Kevin Love look like a joke.

As for Bosh, his first year with Miami was one of his best years with the Heat. You could argue he had the second biggest impact for Miami in the NBA Finals that year, only behind D Wade.

Kevin Love isn't garbage, but the Cavs have made Kevin Love look like a joke.

"without any detailed basis"

As for Bosh, his first year with Miami was one of his best years with the Heat. You could argue he had the second biggest impact for Miami in the NBA Finals that year, only behind D Wade.

So did I just hallucinate Bosh complaining about not having enough post touches toward the end of that first season (which is more than All-Star Kevin Love has done in calendar year 2015)?

"without any detailed basis"

So did I just hallucinate Bosh complaining about not having enough post touches toward the end of that first season (which is more than All-Star Kevin Love has done in calendar year 2015)?

From the games I have seen, the Cavs barely run any offense through Love, and they keep him on or near the 3point line. I also watched them keep him on the bench in the 4th quarter of at least one close game.

While Bosh was misused and disrespected, it's nothing compared to Kevin Love. If he has any sense of pride, he will be out of there at the end of the season.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
From the games I have seen, the Cavs barely run any offense through Love, and they keep him on or near the 3point line. I also watched them keep him on the bench in the 4th quarter of at least one close game.

While Bosh was misused and disrespected, it's nothing compared to Kevin Love. If he has any sense of pride, he will be out of there at the end of the season.

It's hard for me to call Bosh mis-used when it led to two championships and 4 finals appearances.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Fuckinf Pero is a liability on the offensive end. Has been all season.

Problem is with Sefo out he's gonna play like it or not.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

He's used as a floor spacer with occasional postups. Cavs have two of the best penetrators in the league in Lebron and Kyrie. Pick and roll, drive and kick is what they do. If Kevin still thought he'd get his 25+ a night with Lebron and Kyrie, well he should have thought things through.

0106_7wsa3.gif

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Jarrett Jack is so much better than D Will at this point it's comical. It's also comical that the Nets coaching staff doesn't see it and still start Williams over Jack.

Tom Penny

Happens every game. Bulls look like they don't even know how to play basketball. That's why it's impossible to have confidence in a team like that.

Is that official? JR Smith gets two games while Olynyk gets one game?

Okay, the Olynyk move is a basketball move. It had an unfortunate outcome, but I wouldn't ban him for it. It's a move that happens all the time. If you want to give him a game, though, I can understand that. That seems appropriate given the circumstances even though I wouldn't personally punish him in any way. But to sit there and give him one less game than you give JR for intentionally, maliciously clocking a dude in the fucking jaw and injuring his knee in the process is fucked up. You can't sit there and adjudge them to be similar levels of offense, particularly with JR's history. Fuck that.

Edit: Also give Perkins a game. What the Hell is wrong with you?

Matt Barnes ✔@Matt_Barnes22
Not a knock on Jr cause he's the homie, but I get 1game for pushing someone! Let me take a swing w/a closed fist. NBA picks & chooses #joke

Give Barnes a game for this tweet while you're at it.

Dynomutt

What's good!

1.) Do the bulls need Rose with Butler?

2.) What happened to Joahkim Noah?

3.) The JR thing was simply bad. Crowder had it coming but not like that. You beat someone with better play.

4.) Do you guys think the refs will let the Cavs/Bulls get physical?

Thanks.

I don't know the Bulls well so I can't answer the other questions, but in my opinion the Cavs and Bulls series will be physical and the refs will allow it. Noah and them have a history with playing Bron that way and given how lopsided their frontcourts are in Chicago's favor, it's to their benefit to keep it physical. Perkins, as much of a joke as I think he is, will give the Bulls some back. It'll probably get pretty heated especially as the Cavs start losing.

This Bulls team really plays below their talent. I feel like Lebron, Kyrie, Mozgov and two guys slinging nachos from the stands could beat them right now.

Dynomutt

This Bulls team really plays below their talent. I feel like Lebron, Kyrie, Mozgov and two guys slinging nachos from the stands could beat them right now.

I feel the same about the Cavs. It's gonna be a good series.

I'm a Knicks fan. 94' Knicks stand up. Fuck you Starks. You killed a 9 years olds dreams.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Man I'm done with the bucks lol. You can't make a pass with these long arm fuckers sheesh. If the Bulls win tonight cavs defense is going to be like a breath of fresh air.

Top Bottom