• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA PLAYOFFS |OT| One man's Smith.. Is another man's treasure.

I don't think it needs that. Carlisle seems adverse to developing young talent. I think we need a couple of defenders and another star and we are contenders.

Mavs never get free agents and Dirk is 37 years old. Mavs need to rebuild entirely and focus on a culture change with developing young talent. Which sadly, might mean that Carlisle and the mavs need to part ways.

Soonri

Is this dirks last year?

No. He has another year under contract and then a player option... but I don't think he'll exercise that after all the shit Cubes and Donnie put him through this year.

Congrats to the Rockets, easily the better team. Still proud of how my team fought these last 3 games, but they were outmatched from the start.

I don't think it needs that. Carlisle seems adverse to developing young talent. I think we need a couple of defenders and another star and we are contenders.
Mavs never get free agents and Dirk is 37 years old. Mavs need to rebuild entirely and focus on a culture change with developing young talent. Which sadly, might mean that Carlisle and the mavs need to part ways.

Or Donnie and Cubes could be smart like Morey and find the right guys off the street (they do ok at this) and draft (they suck at this). Unfortunately, next season Dirk needs to move to a bench role. I don't know what will happen with Monta, but the team needs to resign Tyson Chandler (who will only get worse) and Aminu.

z7rlOrxh.jpg

No. He has another year under contract and then a player option... but I don't think he'll exercise that after all the shit Cubes and Donnie put him through this year.

Congrats to the Rockets, easily the better team. Still proud of how my team fought these last 3 games, but they were outmatched from the start.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dirk retires before the 2015-16 season tbh. Before the 2014 season started I heard him talking about how it's getting more and more difficult for him to get in shape for each season during an interview with one of the local Dallas sports radio shows. He had a very difficult time getting physically ready for the 2014-2015 season.

MechDX

ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo · 7m7 minutes ago
Rockets won best-of-7 series in 5 or fewer games for 5th time in team history. They advanced to NBA Finals in each of previous 4 instances

Could be worse tbh.. look at what kobe is going through in the last 2 years of his career and the next 2. The rondo trade misfired but Dirk never had it as bad as kobe is right now lol.

Crazy that we are nearing an NBA with no players drafted from the 90's.

Fuck my game design class for starting exactly when each tuesday rockets playoff game does. Rockets advanced to the second round for the first time in five years and this shitty class i don't even need is getting in the way. The game literally started and ended exactly when my class started and ended. Probs gonna skip my final for game 1 of round 2.

/s

dream

I like how JJ was actually open there, but CP took the contested 3 because fuck that guy for not helping me up.

Agreed. I would trade Barea now while his stock is up. Ellis, Chandler and Harris as well (Chandler got manhandled this series by Dwight Howard). Keep Dirk, just play him less. Pull a Popavich and sit him during back-to-backs. He was clearly tired out there, missing open jumpers which would normally be automatic, sloppy passing and sloppy D.

Stoudemire and Rondo weren't good moves for the Mavs. Hope Cuban learns something from that.

If Carlisle wants to coach the team let him.

Top Bottom