• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

$500 cans on, this is how you dream right - Official Headphone Thread

That's about the maximum I'd pay for them again. Mine broke after like 3 months. The nozzle fell off. The belt clip is also extremely difficult to remove without damaging the wire.

How long have you had them? I called Meelec when the wood casing came off my buds, and they replaced them no problem.

Dreweyes

My Grand Prize just arrived from the ASTRO Gaming Iam8bit Headset Tag Competition!
In Love! ♥ ♥ ♥

1vHg2.jpg

tokkun

How long have you had them? I called Meelec when the wood casing came off my buds, and they replaced them no problem.

Less than a year, but I bought them from an "unauthorized dealer" and I'm not sure I want to go through the hassle of fighting over it.

The authorized dealer system is the biggest scam in the industry.

Last time that happened for me, with some shitty senneiser headset, I contacted the seller and they gave me a refund or the trouble of having to go through all those hoops.

Tobe

So i got money for xnas and i was looking for some great headphones, eventually saw seenheiser hd 598, my question is, are they worth it?

X-Frame

So I got my MEE CC51 earphones for Xmas and so far the sound seems much more clear and detailed than my Sennheiser earbuds.

Question though -- I unboxed them then immediately tested them out, listening to a variety of different songs at various volumes and at the beginning when the volume was rather high the vocals seem to crack a bit.

I read online if you listen too loud before a burn-in you can do irreversible damage to the earphones. Given this was only 5 minutes of listening max, would anyone say that could happen?

I've had them playing off my iPad for the past 6 hours to burn-in and listening now they seem very good but I am hesitant to turn the volume up. I hope I didn't mess them up already.

Willectro

Banned
Got Beats Pro and Bose QC15's for xmas. Went from crappy earbuds to 2 great headphones. The Bose will be great for my daily commute, beats for home.

eosos

Banned
So I got some bose qc15s for Christmas. I wanted audio technical m50s but whatever. My question is should I be content with the bose or return them for something else? I really do like the noise cancelling.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU my Denon AH-D2000 broke :(

NWkhF.jpg

7LZIA.jpg

tolSk.jpg

I'm fucking devasted ATM. This shit has ruined my Christmas. Can I get that broken piece/screw somewhere without having to send in my Denons? That said, I'm DEAD BROKE because of Christmas and can't efford a repair service. Honestly, I'm close to tears. I was looking forward to playing some Battlefield 3 with my friends online during my holiday...:((((((((((((

I had a friend ask me about headphones so I came here and compiled a nice price ranged list of headphones and said the TMAs would be best for her. She forwards this to her pearents and they buy her Beats (that wernt even on the email!!)
Silently shook my head and try as hard as I could not to say "why god why?! "

Oh well no helping some people..

http://i.imgur.com/NWkhF.jpg

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/7LZIA.jpg

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/tolSk.jpg

I'm fucking devasted ATM. This shit has ruined my Christmas. Can I get that broken piece/screw somewhere without having to send in my Denons? That said, I'm DEAD BROKE because of Christmas and can't efford a repair service. Honestly, I'm close to tears. I was looking forward to playing some Battlefield 3 with my friends online during my holiday...:(((((((((((([/QUOTE]

I'm sure it comes with a warranty for this kind of thing.

eosos

Banned
I had a friend ask me about headphones so I came here and compiled a nice price ranged list of headphones and said the TMAs would be best for her. She forwards this to her pearents and they buy her Beats (that wernt even on the email!!)
Silently shook my head and try as hard as I could not to say "why god why?! "

Oh well no helping some people..

Yeah. I know how it feels

Ark

http://i.imgur.com/NWkhF.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/7LZIA.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/tolSk.jpg[IMG]

I'm fucking devasted ATM. This shit has ruined my Christmas. Can I get that broken piece/screw somewhere without having to send in my Denons? That said, I'm DEAD BROKE because of Christmas and can't efford a repair service. Honestly, I'm close to tears. I was looking forward to playing some Battlefield 3 with my friends online during my holiday...:(((((((((((([/QUOTE]

I had this EXACT same thing happen to me in September/October after having received my D2000's for christmas last year. I haven't even bothered fixing them yet. I just put the screw back in (it's still loose of course) and put them on my head. Since I only use my D2000's when I'm sat at my computer they never come apart when they're on my head and I'm very careful putting them on/taking them off/moving them.

Eventually I'll just buy a small enough screw from B&Q (UK hardware store) and DIY that up. Probably when/if the second ear cup breaks. Just make sure you always grip them by both ear cups when you put them on or take them off.

It seems like a huge deal, but if you're not moving your D2000's around then it's easily adaptable. I am sorry for your loss though, it's pretty heartbreaking having your D2000's break :(

thatbox

Banned
Got a Fiio E10 for Christmas. Sounds great with my SR-60s, very round and full. This is probably the cleanest sound I've had access to since my Rio Karma died, and I'm hearing small details that were lost in mud before. Delicious!

kamspy

$20-40

in ear buds

good bass, 99% hip hop. coming out of an anroid phone with maybe a little pocket FiiO if necessary.

suggestions? oh, amazon is a requirement. got a gift card and I'd like to order tonight.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
$20-40

in ear buds

good bass, 99% hip hop. coming out of an anroid phone with maybe a little pocket FiiO if necessary.

suggestions? oh, amazon is a requirement. got a gift card and I'd like to order tonight.

sennheiser cx300

3N16MA

Banned
5gqkE.jpg

Picked up a pair of Monster Turbine Pro Coppers for $95. No iPhone remote/mic (big deal for me) may be a deal breaker but at that price I decided to give them a shot.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
I had this EXACT same thing happen to me in September/October after having received my D2000's for christmas last year. I haven't even bothered fixing them yet. I just put the screw back in (it's still loose of course) and put them on my head. Since I only use my D2000's when I'm sat at my computer they never come apart when they're on my head and I'm very careful putting them on/taking them off/moving them.

Eventually I'll just buy a small enough screw from B&Q (UK hardware store) and DIY that up. Probably when/if the second ear cup breaks. Just make sure you always grip them by both ear cups when you put them on or take them off.

It seems like a huge deal, but if you're not moving your D2000's around then it's easily adaptable. I am sorry for your loss though, it's pretty heartbreaking having your D2000's break :(

I'm so nervous about that having to my D2000 too. I wish there was an inexpensive screwdriver that allows you to just screw it back lol

Geneijin

How often do they go on sale? I'm looking to purchase them too, but not at $250...
Every few weeks I say. My advice if you can wait is to wait until Amazon.com has them back in stock (judging by the product merchant page, they've delisted themselves at the moment). You might find them at $180 when they come back. If not, you could/should consider buying from J&R if you can't wait. They have it for $200 and are reputable. And if you want to try your luck, you can try haggling the price down to $180 by calling their sales number (800-806-1115).

Good luck.

Target also has them listed at $180

Y'know, having a Christmas birthday isn't all that bad...

8a0Ah.jpg

*freaks out*

Aw man, I was going to end up buying a pair of M50s, but these look great. Does anyone have any other minimalistic styling headphone suggestions? (Yes, I know it's not all looks but I would hate walking around with brands everywhere)

J2 Cool

I've never had good headphones, more than ipod earbuds. I think I'll have somewhere between $20-50 to spend this xmas on presents, only want some good value headphones.

Help a brother out?

It's mostly for doing movie score type stuff, sound editing. Had an epiphany how engaging good headphones could be about a month ago.

I'm so nervous about that having to my D2000 too. I wish there was an inexpensive screwdriver that allows you to just screw it back lol

tbh, I've had mine for 2 years and haven't had that problem or a scare of any kind.

Just be careful with them. Treat them like they're $250 headphones and you'll probably be fine. Don't sit them in a chair (lest you forget and sit on them). Don't store them at the top edge of your dresser (lest they fall). Pay attention where you sit them and make sure it's not a place you can forget they are (like on your bed, hidden under the comforter, waiting to get laid on).

to the guy who just broke his: call Denon. I'd like to think they'll take care of it for you. If they're less than 30 days old, you can probably have them replaced straight away by the vendor unless it was your fault (and not just a faulty pair).

kamspy

I've never had good headphones, more than ipod earbuds. I think I'll have somewhere between $20-50 to spend this xmas on presents, only want some good value headphones.

Help a brother out?

It's mostly for doing movie score type stuff, sound editing. Had an epiphany how engaging good headphones could be about a month ago.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002GHIPYI/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Depending on your hat size. If you have a big head you might want to look somewhere else. These clamp pretty hard.

Not sure if i posted these but i just got my setup done properly

CEntrance Dacmini, Audiotechnica ART A-900 phones running JRiver on my HP Notebook
38306551.jpg

74977708.jpg

Top Bottom