• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

7 Minutes of Christopher Nolan’s ‘Dunkirk’ Will Screen Before ‘Rogue One’ in 70mm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope the all imax rumor is true.

First poster:

Dunkirk-poster-620x919.jpg

New image on website:

molnizzle

Can't wait to see this in 70mm in 2-3 weeks when the rush has died down a bit. The only theater showing it in my state is a 90 minute drive and there's no reserved seats.

Daft_Cat

PG-13 woes seem incredibly premature, no? Not only is not confirmed, but the execution of it is just as important. I always prefer a rigorous, heat-pounding PG-13 to an ineffectual R with only a handful of gratuitous moments. No use setting up goal-posts as if you're hoping to be disappointed.

That looks familiar.

WB treats Nolan like a brand, so it makes perfect sense. It also happens to be a pretty haunting bit of imagery in its own right.

DMczaf

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5013056/board/thread/264113794?p=1

The Dunkirk prologue is worth the ticket price alone. You will not believe what you're seeing.

Any IMAX should have it. I saw it on a digital IMAX screen that will be showing R1 in 3D.

I was gonna record some footage but my boss was standing right next to us. I can answer any questions you might have. What I saw went by really fast, even though it's 7 minutes, it's all action and it goes by in what feels like seconds. What I remember most was the score and some glimpses of intense and disturbing imagery all with some crazy action stuff.

3FTKtjA.gif

Comparison of aspect ratios:

DuPy0tV.jpg

Purportedly Dunkirk has been shot in 5-perf 70mm with multiple sections in 15-perf for that tall full (film) IMAX ratio as was the escape from Jakku sequence in TFA. No scenes were shot in IMAX format for Rogue One, so the ratio will be constant throughout the film (and regardless of what kind of theater you see it in).

15 perforation IMAX is roughly equivalent to 10K-12K digital, assuming that the workflow is done as such.

Kibbles

So this will be at the AMC LieMax? Guess I'll make the drive to Mayfair instead of seeing Star Wars nearby,

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Gimme dat bootleg and better use a good fucking camera.

Hope the all imax rumor is true.

It isn't. Of the three LIEMAX screens near me, only one is showing it. Coincidentally it is literally next door to the Dolby Cinema auditorium where I'll be watching Rogue One in two hours.

I'd try to sneak over to see the Dunkirk preview but the timing doesn't work out. ;)

duckroll

I would totally watch Rogue One in IMAX to see this if they were playing IMAX 2D here. But alas like all countries with only Digital IMAX screens, they want to double down on maximum ticket prices so they only screen IMAX 3D as long as that format is available, even if a film is not shot in 3D. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom