• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A couple easy Final Fantasy Tactics questions

Socreges

Banned
An enemy left a feather. How do I pick it up?

After winning a battle at some field (my third overall in the game), the story suggested that I should go to the castle (Islos or something). But I went back to the field. And now I'm in another battle. Only it's much tougher and I'm not doing so hot. Should I do other stuff before attempting to win it?

I want to revive an ally with my Chemist. But the Pheonix Down (I have three) is not under my Act -> Item menu. Why not?

Lionheart

- You can't pick up a feather iirc. It's just the sign of a dead chocobo.

- It's possible that you run into random battles which don't progress the story when you're moving in another way. If you really can't win it, you can just reset, load game and go to the castle after all.

- Your chemist needs to learn Phoenix Down as an ability first.

Socreges

Banned
Lionheart said:
- It's possible that you run into random battles which don't progress the story when you're moving in another way. If you really can't win it, you can just reset, load game and go to the castle after all.
Ah, ok. It's more than it was far more difficult than the last couple battles. If I understood better how the game worked, I'd be able to beat it, I'm sure.
- Your chemist needs to learn Phoenix Down as an ability first.
Guess I'd better not let anyone die then...

Thanks.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Don't level up too much. The random enemies will get thougher with respect to your leveling, and they're upped for better equipment (though you probably won't get better equipment if you're simply lvling). If you just level up, the random enemies will overwhelm you. I remember I did that my first time through, and there was this chocobo random enemy that raped me so hard. Like 3 moves or something.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Whenever an enemy dies, they drop off something like skull or feather... etc. There will also be this little red mark with a number in it beside each of those items. When the number in the red box reaches 0, the skull/feather/dead body will turn into a treasure box or crystal. You can then proceed to move your character onto that grid to accept the item. If your own unit reached 0 and turned into a treasure box/crystal, that unit is lost forever. Therefore, never ever let any of your people reaches 0 after death.

Top Bottom