• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ABZÛ |OT| A Journey into an ocean of wisdom

So does this game have sigils or anything to find like Journey had or is this totally about exploration?

Seashells can be collected and you get something special if you find them all. If you read my interview with Matt Nava, there's also other secrets to find and nods to his past games.

EDIT: Beaten.

Karak

True...

But that also means I have to wake up three hours earlier for work. :p

I already know I have the most stressful day imaginable tomorrow, gotta go through downtown Miami traffic, blegh. I have a feeling Abzu will be the perfect remedy when I get home

By the way, really enjoyed watching your long interview with Austin over the weekend. Definitely covered some topics I wasn't expecting and the impromptu jam sessions on the piano were great.

Thanks I laugh every time I send the notes over and warn them that it can get very loose in the interviews. We have Isla coming on to discuss Halo 2 AI this coming week and also the Mafia 3 composer and my hope is they are also that cool. It honestly all started with the guys from Fatshark games and Vermintide and their openness to doing such a laidback anti pr interview and it went from there.

Dude wait you live in Miami?
All that good stuff about throwing children into the sun. Ya I take it back. Miami can't even make sun sacrifices fun.

Oh, I just remembered the visualizer. Can someone on PS4 test and see if you can run Spotify (or whatever) in the background and use the visualizer? A decent visualizer is sorely missed on PS4.

UCBooties

Oh man, I need to be up early for a meeting tomorrow morning...

But I'm watching that countdown clock...

Who needs sleep? Right?

I need sleep

So PSN says the game will be playable at midnight eastern. That's 9 p.m. Pacific. Not long now. I'm curious what people think, as I'll get this on sale in the future.

Can't even buy the game on Steam, what?
xQ60vM6.jpg

Have the timer counting down on my PS4 while I play GTA on my Xbox waiting. Have tomorrow off so I'll probably go through it tonight, can't wait!

Alright! I finished one of my other interviews just now and added it to the OT - it's with composer Spencer Nilsen. He is most notable for doing the Sega CD Ecco the Dolphin soundtracks!

It's a really good read, so I hope that you all enjoy it!

Slixshot

Banned
Eh screw it. I preordered and I'll probably get bound too for that 20% code. Otherwise it was (hopefully) worth picking up for the preorder 20%.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Just got my pre-order in about 20 minutes before unlock. It's ready to go now. Where do I find the theme?

I'll be getting Bound as well. The "VR Compatible" was the tipping point.

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
Won't let me buy the game on PSN. I guess i missed the pre-order time.

Edit: Missed the pre-order so ill just wait till steam release.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Soundtrack is on Spotify and it's amazing!!!!!!

Thanks for the heads up, adding to playlist.

How do I DL the theme? I did not see it on the PS4 store... do I use the Web Store?

EDIT: Silly me found it. Decided to look under themes like on my Android phone, lol.

bender

What time is it?
It's so pretty.

After you boost with X, hit circle for a flip boost. You can also do a barrel roll when riding a manta ray using the circle button.

bunkitz

Fuuuck. Gotta get this game as soon as I've money to spare.

Really hope they release a theme for those who couldn't pre-order, though. I'd gladly pay for one.

Top Bottom