• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

kirblar

The big issue with S3 from a character standpoint is that it feels like they rebooted/regressed most of the relationships in the show. Mack got stuck being Tripp 2.0, Fitz/Simmons were stuck together, May got isolated, etc.

anaron

The big issue with S3 from a character standpoint is that it feels like they rebooted/regressed most of the relationships in the show. Mack got stuck being Tripp 2.0, Fitz/Simmons were stuck together, May got isolated, etc.
Yep. Everything feels like such a step back after actually defining the characters last year.

Fitz's brain damage is pretty much non existent, any interesting potential with either him or Mack being bisexual/into each other gone, May being angsty and sad which doesn't play to Ming's strengths and Ward clogging up waaaaaaay too much of the show.

strafer

Trollolololol

WSV3p5g.jpg

Evil Ward is evil. :(

Cheebo

Banned
Seems like Marvel and ABC are pulling out of the network TV game to focus on cable/Netflix. AoS only has 1 season left after this without a doubt since it needed just 1 more season for syndication and it's ratings were not worthy of renewal at all.

Probably the best move to focus on the likes of Netflix anyway.

So... these new
inhumans that Hive had engineered... I cant help but think Marvel Zombies when I see them... I wonder how they will behave once he no longer controls them...

Volimar

Seems like Marvel and ABC are pulling out of the network TV game to focus on cable/Netflix. AoS only has 1 season left after this without a doubt since it needed just 1 more season for syndication and it's ratings were not worthy of renewal at all.

Probably the best move to focus on the likes of Netflix anyway.

Nah, I think it has more to do with ABC's new head of programming.

WySlWk9.jpg

Can't believe they have Lash go out like a chump like that. This season seems to be slowly circling the drain, it's really dragging. And do you think they had a contest for how many times they could say Sikovia Accords in the episode ("See! We're part of the same universe!" Although Tony Stark can discover all sorts of secrets and has billions but somehow doesn't know that Coulson is alive to this day...)

Jag

Can't believe they have Lash go out like a chump like that. This season seems to be slowly circling the drain, it's really dragging. And do you think they had a contest for how many times they could say Sikovia Accords in the episode ("See! We're part of the same universe!" Although Tony Stark can discover all sorts of secrets and has billions but somehow doesn't know that Coulson is alive to this day...)

I like the little shout outs to the MCU. I'd prefer more cross-over, but it adds some flavor to AOS. As far as Lash, he saved and cured her.

I'm more bothered with the "someone has to die to defeat Hive" epic foreshadowing. It's become such a common tv trope that unless someone dies, they stakes weren't high enough. I'd rather the death be totally meaningless in the middle of the season with no warning. That would be a WTF moment. Like Fitz falls down the stairs and dies.

inky

Meh, can't say I'm too surprised. I could've told then Bobbi and Hunter can't carry their own show because they couldn't even carry their scenes in AoS. Maybe they were trying to reduce costs all along, and it was cheaper to have them do a pilot that they knew had no chance instead of keeping them on for the second half of the season. Would explain all the crying too.

Damn, what a rough business.

dorikyasu

I'm more bothered with the "someone has to die to defeat Hive" epic foreshadowing. It's become such a common tv trope that unless someone dies, they stakes weren't high enough. I'd rather the death be totally meaningless in the middle of the season with no warning. That would be a WTF moment. Like Fitz falls down the stairs and dies.
So true. At this point, "I don't really care who dies, just get it over with this season already!" is how I feel.

So while I was in the shower this morning I think I figured out a way the Hive/Lash scene should have played out to make it much less disappointing:
  • When Lash punches Hive, he doesn't do nearly as much visible damage, and Hive remains standing and able to fight.
  • Daisy intervenes there, force pushing Lash away to protect Hive.
  • Lash rushes Daisy in response, making it seem like he is taking out a threat at first.
  • Lash does the cure thing instead, but while he's doing that, Hellfire's chain wraps around his neck, and he is pulled backwards.
  • Hive takes the opportunity then to punch him through the chest, killing him.
That way Hive and Lash are shown to be more evenly matched, rather than Lash being Hive's one big weakness for reasons. It's also way more believable than this bulletproof monster being impaled by, of all things, a flaming chain. They've been building up Hive to be this superhuman threat, and Lash just singlehandedly manhandling him when a Kree warrior could not just totally drains away that tension.

Khaz

Some people talk about how it would end with the fourth season, then a Secret Warriors spin-off would appear. What do you think?

The Hobo

Some people talk about how it would end with the fourth season, then a Secret Warriors spin-off would appear. What do you think?

I could see a SW show being greenlit. It would have more of a focus on people with powers which would draw people in.

duckroll

It could be many things. If they cancel AoS they still need something with the Marvel name on network TV.

Why do they? If the ratings aren't there, it doesn't need to exist. ABC and Marvel would both probably be more than happy to just focus on Netflix shows if that's where the success is.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

Do you want Tasha Yar? Because that's how you get Tasha Yar.

inky

Why do they? If the ratings aren't there, it doesn't need to exist. ABC and Marvel would both probably be more than happy to just focus on Netflix shows if that's where the success is.

Because they can? I don't know how the Netflix shows are produced or what the returns involved are, but what I'm saying is the TV side is not gonna sit on their hands, even with the Netflix deals. It's just another avenue. They have producers, probably have ideas, etc. If anything, they'll do it to justify their jobs.

duckroll

Because they can? I don't know how the Netflix shows are produced or what the returns involved are, but what I'm saying is the TV side is not gonna sit on their hands, even with the Netflix deals. It's just another avenue. They have producers, probably have ideas, etc. If anything, they'll do it to justify their jobs.

The showrunners and producers on Agents of SHIELD mostly only exist as showrunners and producers as long as ABC deems the show worthwhile. If it is no longer worthwhile, they will no longer be showrunners and producers on Agents of SHIELD, and it doesn't guarantee them a Marvel job. The executives who are actual Marvel employees are also supervising the Netflix shows, so they can justify their jobs that way. Just because ABC can have a Marvel show doesn't mean they want to. They just cancelled one and decided not to proceed with another. There clearly isn't much thirst on their part.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
So... these new
inhumans that Hive had engineered... I cant help but think Marvel Zombies when I see them... I wonder how they will behave once he no longer controls them...

Alpha primitives.

kirblar

The showrunners and producers on Agents of SHIELD mostly only exist as showrunners and producers as long as ABC deems the show worthwhile. If it is no longer worthwhile, they will no longer be showrunners and producers on Agents of SHIELD, and it doesn't guarantee them a Marvel job. The executives who are actual Marvel employees are also supervising the Netflix shows, so they can justify their jobs that way. Just because ABC can have a Marvel show doesn't mean they want to. They just cancelled one and decided not to proceed with another. There clearly isn't much thirst on their part.
And I can't blame them.

The one "good" concept that's ever gotten floated as a rumor was Kamala Khan, which would fit in perfectly with ABC's diverse lineup of shows.

Ricker

Silly question...CTV up here where saying it was a 2 hour season Finale on Thuesday but on ABC I only saw 1 hour...will they show the last episode next Thuesday...? or did I miss it lol...

EDIT: NM saw the answer...phew ;)

Top Bottom