• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Angina's tough!!" Rock Band 2 Track And Spec Info (& Dreams) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
scola said:
On the left it notes 58 songs, the exact number of songs from RB1? odd. still no clues as to what songs won't make it (i.e. "most"). My guess is that the code they use now allows the whole disc to export but that the final code will restrict songs based on licensing issues =/

In other words I don't think it really confirms 29 fingers through Cherub rock sad to say.

Exactly the impression I got. Everything can, from the technical point, be transferred. They've said they're still securing some licenses, and that's why they're saying "most" and not "all". They're just covering their asses.

Crag Dweller

aka kindbudmaster
bounchfx said:
I am so fucking lost what to do in regards to drums. I want GH4. I want RB2. I want the RB2 drums.. but I also want the Ion set. But I also want the fucking GH4 drums because theres another pad, I don't want to use the RB drums and miss out on some gameplay... if theres 5 notes I wanna hit 5 damn notes.

so it's probably going to wind up with me spending a fucking thousand dollars on this bullshit because these ass holes can't make it 100% compatible (as in me plugging in the Ion set to GH4 and having the full range of notes).

Ugh. I hate this.

Yup, I'm in the same boat as you. My current drum set is functional, but far from perfect, so I'm going to need a new set for RB2. The Ion set is very tempting but I think I'll wait and let other people put it through it's paces before I commit $300.00 dollars toward it. I'm also liking everything I have been hearing about GH:WT so I would like to pick up that whole set too since I need a new guitar for GH anyway(my explorer is getting long in the tooth). Like most here, I almost need a room just for all my plastic instruments.

Does anyone know if they'll change the buttons on the guitar because the fact that the buttons on the handle are inside of it makes it hard to find yourself through them and the strum bar is just garbage.

Will I have to buy a Guitar Hero guitar instead?

AMUSIX

SketchTheArtist said:
Does anyone know if they'll change the buttons on the guitar because the fact that the buttons on the handle are inside of it makes it hard to find yourself through them and the strum bar is just garbage.

Will I have to buy a Guitar Hero guitar instead?
What?

I really don't know what this means. You mean the guitar hero guitar? the one with the buttons that are inside the frame of the neck?

As for how they changed the guitar....well, the strum bar is tightened, but that was mentioned a post or three ago...so, not sure what else you're asking.

Flynn

fugimax said:
Need more ION Drumrocker impressions. Pre-ordered mine the day it went up, so I need all the positive assurance I can get. :)

My buddy Russ played them at the thing with The Who. He didn't like them. Could be that they're so different from the drums that we've been playing that they're hard to get used to. He did say that he didn't like the way the overhanging cymbals felt -- he said they kinda got in the way.

Raistlin

borghe said:
The fact that you won't be able to buy it until 2010 doesn't change this. That is a distribution problem (MTV/EA), not a programming/platform problem (Harmonix).

Did I miss something? What won't we be able to buyt until 2010?

Archie said:
I hope that the ION kit will recognize the full drum charts in GHWT.

Anyone know if this has been confirmed yet?

I'm about to pull the trigger (and get an Alesis controller for real drumming too)

fugimax said:
Need more ION Drumrocker impressions. Pre-ordered mine the day it went up, so I need all the positive assurance I can get. :)

yes ... need impressions!

Flynn said:
My buddy Russ played them at the thing with The Who. He didn't like them. Could be that they're so different from the drums that we've been playing that they're hard to get used to. He did say that he didn't like the way the overhanging cymbals felt -- he said they kinda got in the way.

That's an odd reaction for two reasons.

1) they approximate the standard position for a kit that sized

2) they are completely adjustable :p

fugimax

Not when you're taking turns playing them onstage in front of hundreds of people.
I'm particularly interested in how much noise they make compared to RB & RB2 drums / RB drums with quieting pads. I assume it wasn't easy to tell in a giant room full of people, though.

Belgand

TheGreatDave said:
The ION set may work with GH:WT. GH:WT basically supports a MIDI instrument of any sort through a connection on the drums, so presumably it is open to the idea of instruments other than RedOctane's being connected.

Yes, but it's a connection on the drums meaning you'll need to own the GH:WT drums in order to connect your MIDI drums to it. Kind of odd to be honest. I mean, I guess I understand the need to have something to connect into, but it also means you need to buy drums that you don't plan on using just for the port.

DGRP

So, is the Drum Rocker bouncy enough to do rolls and flams? To me it looks like those crappy plastic head electric kits.

'Cause if you're laying down 300+$ for these babies, you should get your REAL ON.

Onemic

popular mechanics said:
During regular game play, the cymbals will be interchangeable with their color counterparts (although hitting the raised one scores extra points), but during other modes, like the new Drum Trainer mode, you’ll need to hit the right pad.

Did anyone catch this? So maybe the RB2 really does know when you add in cymbals, and changes the look of the notes depending on the situation to advise you whether the pad is a tom hit or a crash hit.

Please, Please, Please, let this be true.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
onemic said:
Did anyone catch this? So maybe the RB2 really does know when you add in cymbals, and changes the look of the notes depending on the situation to advise you whether the pad is a tom hit or a crash hit.

Please, Please, Please, let this be true.
We already knew it discerned between them. During fills it will give you the correct sound (this is the best confirmation about the cymbals yet IMO, nothing I hate more than a tom fill when I should be getting funky on a ride cymbal).

I doubt they are going to indicate note differences in the general chart if these are hooked up. They could use the HO PO notes which I do not believe are currently used for the drums, but I think they are going to keep it simple.

AMUSIX said:
What?

I really don't know what this means. You mean the guitar hero guitar? the one with the buttons that are inside the frame of the neck?

As for how they changed the guitar....well, the strum bar is tightened, but that was mentioned a post or three ago...so, not sure what else you're asking.

I meant that I prefer the one that came with Guitar Hero since unlike the one for Rock Band, the buttons on the handle stick out and are easier to find without looking at it.

Onemic

scola said:
We already knew it discerned between them. During fills it will give you the correct sound (this is the best confirmation about the cymbals yet IMO, nothing I hate more than a tom fill when I should be getting funky on a ride cymbal).

I doubt they are going to indicate note differences in the general chart if these are hooked up. They could use the HO PO notes which I do not believe are currently used for the drums, but I think they are going to keep it simple.

The difference here is that they are saying you'll get more points for actually hitting the highat/cymbal, instead of the pad, so this has absolutely nothing to do with fills and is regarding the actual notes in the chart. The only way I can really see the, implementing that without making the gameplay annoying however is to make the notes look different so that you know whether to hit the pad or the cymbal.

Belgand

onemic said:
The difference here is that they are saying you'll get more points for actually hitting the highat/cymbal, instead of the pad, so this has absolutely nothing to do with fills and is regarding the actual notes in the chart. The only way I can really see the, implementing that without making the gameplay annoying however is to make the notes look different so that you know whether to hit the pad or the cymbal.

I don't think it's a constant thing, just the crash cymbal note that's at the end of fills. Since it already is swapping over for the fill I assume it just continues doing that until the end of the fill section with the crash. I doubt it will be indicated at all... you'll just have to know. This makes it simple, not confusing for people without the kit, and just a minor little bonus for people who have the cymbal expansion.

Raistlin

Flynn said:
Not when you're taking turns playing them onstage in front of hundreds of people.

:p

Yeah, I figured that was the situation.

I just mean that his complaint about the cymbals is moot in reality.

Raistlin

scola said:

They should do something simple like make the note transparent, or glow, or have a different outline, etc. That would be an easy way to differentiate between hitting a snare/tom/etc and hitting a cymbal/crash/etc.

I don't even care if its worth extra points or not (though it makes sense to do that), I would just like an indication so I can play the song correctly(ish).

Raistlin

DGRP said:
So, is the Drum Rocker bouncy enough to do rolls and flams? To me it looks like those crappy plastic head electric kits.

'Cause if you're laying down 300+$ for these babies, you should get your REAL ON.

They claim to be, but I'd like some impressions. I put some cheap silencers on my RB1 set, and actually love the amount of bounce it added. Rolls are SOOOOOO much easier now.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Onix said:
They claim to be, but I'd like some impressions. I put some cheap silencers on my RB1 set, and actually love the amount of bounce it added. Rolls are SOOOOOO much easier now.

Yeah, they're actually pretty essential to anything above medium playing IMO, be it sock mods or pads. But then so's a metal repair/re-inforcement plate, again IMO.

XShagrath

I don't think this "hit the cymbal" for extra points will come to fruition. That would completely fuck the leaderboards for anyone that does not have the cymbal add-on.

My guess is that maybe with the cymbal add-on, you can only activate overdrive with the crash cymbal, therefore getting overdrive, and therefore getting more points.

Gametrailers uploaded two short videos:

Give it away - Chili Peppers
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36931.html
and
Hello There - Beatsteaks
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36934.html
I´m so happy right now, it´s my favorite band from Germany and I requested like all of their song at least twice. Too bad it´s Hello There as it is only 2 minutes long but whatever, I´d buy every song from the Beatsteaks. Don´t be afraid the songs sounds bad in this video because the singer sucks.

Milchmonster said:
I´m so happy right now, it´s my favorite band from Germany and I requested like all of their song at least twice. Too bad it´s Hello There as it is only 2 minutes long but whatever, I´d buy every song from the Beatsteaks. Don´t be afraid the songs sounds bad in this video because the singer sucks.
Isn't Hello There by Cheap Trick?

XShagrath

Looks like this was posted to the Rock Band forums this morning by a HMX employee, but quickly yanked off.

*** DLC Announcement ***

Hey Everybody,

Get ready for this, we have collaborated with one of the most popular bands on Rock Band's roster to bring you a special packs of songs. Starting October 21st you will be able to download a "Best of Coheed And Cambria" album with songs handpicked by the band and us, also expect a surprise announcement next Friday concerning the 20 remaining songs for Rock Band 2

Release Date

Tuesday, October 21st (Xbox 360 Marketplace)

Thursday, October 23rd (Playstation Store)

TRACKS

In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3
Devil In Jersey City
No World For Tomorrow
The Suffering
Time Consumer
The Hound (Of Blood and Rank)
Once Upon Your Dead Body
Cuts Marked In The March Of Men
Crossing The Frame
A Favor House Atlantic
Gravemakers and Gunslingers
Everything Evil

(All tracks utilize the original master recordings)

PRICE:

$15.99 (1280 Microsoft Point for Xbox 360) for the album or $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track.

To discuss the week's DLC please go here.

For all DLC song credits please go here.

And, as always, for awesome background information on our DLC and other articles please visit Rockband.com/life

EDIT: Just read over on ScoreHero that they got it from GameFaqs, so it could be another bullshit fake. If we hear about the 20 additional RB2 songs today or next Friday, it could lend some credibility to this though.

robochimp

bounchfx said:
I am so fucking lost what to do in regards to drums. I want GH4. I want RB2. I want the RB2 drums.. but I also want the Ion set. But I also want the fucking GH4 drums because theres another pad, I don't want to use the RB drums and miss out on some gameplay... if theres 5 notes I wanna hit 5 damn notes.

so it's probably going to wind up with me spending a fucking thousand dollars on this bullshit because these ass holes can't make it 100% compatible (as in me plugging in the Ion set to GH4 and having the full range of notes).

Ugh. I hate this.

The new rockband drums are expandable to 8 total buttons, I would think that would be the best bet

XShagrath said:
Looks like this was posted to the Rock Band forums this morning by a HMX employee, but quickly yanked off.
Nice, I'm not a fan of them but their current songs in the game are fun to play.

Also, I'm guessing the HMX dev was getting the post ready for later today and accidentally hit Submit instead of Preview. :lol

XShagrath

Was just watching the GameTrailer's Developer Walkthrough vids. Some notes:

- Cymbal add-on pack allows you to not only plug in three cymbals, but also an additional pedal!
- ION drums are actually Alesis drums (so look at their electronic kits to get a feel for build quality)

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
XShagrath said:
EDIT: Just read over on ScoreHero that they got it from GameFaqs, so it could be another bullshit fake. If we hear about the 20 additional RB2 songs today or next Friday, it could lend some credibility to this though.
calling bullshit. it makes no sense for them to release something this concrete so far in advance and really goes against how HMX has been up to now. They pretty much dont' officially announce stuff until it's done and in the can. Even The Cars and Pixies they just said "May" and "June" and didn't announce actual dates until like a week or two before release.

nah.. this is bullshit.

It sounds like bullshit to me too. However, I would love to believe that Harmonix have realised that full albums are a completely stupid concept and instead are moving towards more The Who/Boston/Grateful Dead style offerings.

DGRP said:
Its pretty ironic, 'cause the pack was almost a full album because of the lack of Let Me Take You Home Tonight.

Ahh. I don't know Boston well enough I guess. I guess Boston are the exception to the rule, but Doolittle burned me bad. I like Pixies, and like the album, but it shouldn't be in the game.

parasight

Milchmonster said:
Yes and no. Hello There by Cheap Trick was announced for Rock Band 2 but in this video it´s Hello There by the Beatsteaks which will be probably future DLC.

Um no. In the video it's Cheap Trick's Hello There. Beatsteaks' version is just a cover of the original.

DarkJC

DGRP said:
Its pretty ironic, 'cause the pack was almost a full album because of the lack of Let Me Take You Home Tonight.

That Boston album is a big exception to the rule, as it's a better "greatest hits" than their greatest hits album imo.

GCQuinton

borghe said:
calling bullshit. it makes no sense for them to release something this concrete so far in advance and really goes against how HMX has been up to now. They pretty much dont' officially announce stuff until it's done and in the can. Even The Cars and Pixies they just said "May" and "June" and didn't announce actual dates until like a week or two before release.

nah.. this is bullshit.

Pretty much. Either the dates on this are goofed or it's fake. I hope it isn't though since I'm a C&C fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom