• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Angina's tough!!" Rock Band 2 Track And Spec Info (& Dreams) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Battery? That'll be sick on guitar.

Edit: Giving the list a second look, there is a notable absence of Freezepop. Probably fake. :/

Struct09

If that list is real, hands down the best track list in any rhythm game yet. But Guns N' Roses being on the list is a red flag to me (thought they were exclusive to GH?), I remain skeptical :(

Struct09 said:
But Guns N' Roses being on the list is a red flag to me (thought they were exclusive to GH?), I remain skeptical :(
Are they really? Maybe so, but I sure hope not, that would really suck :'(

But this list is if possible even more awesome than the first one, and if it turns out to be real there will be some serious brickshitting going on.

Iksenpets

Banned
Struct09 said:
If that list is real, hands down the best track list in any rhythm game yet. But Guns N' Roses being on the list is a red flag to me (thought they were exclusive to GH?), I remain skeptical :(

I'm a bit more concerned by the fact that the GnR song doesn't seem to be a song that I can actually find anywhere. What is it from?

GCQuinton

Struct09 said:

At this point I'm starting to think it's primarily Slash, since he's featured in songs on both Guitar Hero: On Tour (Chris Daughtry's "What I Want") and Aerosmith (Lenny Kravitz's "Always on the Run") too.

Struct09

Djungelfrukt said:
Are they really? Maybe so, but I sure hope not, that would really suck :'(

But this list is if possible even more awesome than the first one, and if it turns out to be real there will be some serious brickshitting going on.

I don't think it's been confirmed, but it's strange that we haven't gotten any GNR in Rock Band yet. Especially since Welcome to the Jungle was shown running on a really early version of Rock Band.

Iksenpets said:
I'm a bit more concerned by the fact that the GnR song doesn't seem to be a song that I can actually find anywhere. What is it from?

I'm not able to find it either. I'm not even able to find a GNR song that has the word "Revenge" in the title.

Any word on what's going on with the Wii version, as in are they trying to make DLC possible? I imagine the 360 version is in playtest, but there must be some word going around.

Battery is probably my favorite Metallica song, so that would be AWESOME. But if that list isn't bullshit I'm a bit dissapointed that Against Me! seems to have vanished from it.

Grecco

Im somewhat disapointed with the first list actually (Im probably in the minority)

But i like the seccond ALOT. Ive been dying for some GNR for ages.

Was it rock band or GH3 that had the track list in its entirety leaked a month or more in advance?

If this is real, its amazing. And I love to see Lacuna Coil in there.

Its still a crime that Bon Jovi, System of a Down and Link park werent on the rock band 1 tracklist together (i know bon jovi is) so this is a good fix.

But still, someone explain to me.

20 songs = 30$ track pack 1
80 songs = 50$ rock band 2

(Ps2 of course)

Edit: Just noticed that many songs from leaked list 1 are NOT in leaked list 2, which means one of them is false.

Im betting on the second, because the first seems like more of a Harmonix playlist (GH2 style)

Ryan_IGN

Tim-E said:
iymruf.gif

PLEASE BE REAL :(

x2.

So if it is real, what's the epic last song? Maybe Metallica or Dream Theater (on guitar anyway...)?

Fleetwood Mac! Lazy Eye! L mother fucking 7! Beck!

Fuck yes, please be true.
The awesome Rock Band 2 info/rumors just keep flowing.

And yay for being unbanned

Thinking through it even more, the second leaked list reads like GH4, while the first reads like rock band.

Why?

1st list has a few GH repeats, all songs that Harmonix has used before. They did this in rock band too, taking their faves from the guitar hero games.
1st list has alot of "country rock" (I dont know the genre), which made up like half of GH2.

2nd list has a lot of bands which have made it into GH but NOT Rock Band, like Guns n Roses and Lacuna Coil.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
jamesinclair said:
Thinking through it even more, the second leaked list reads like GH4, while the first reads like rock band.

Why?

1st list has a few GH repeats, all songs that Harmonix has used before. They did this in rock band too, taking their faves from the guitar hero games.
1st list has alot of "country rock" (I dont know the genre), which made up like half of GH2.

2nd list has a lot of bands which have made it into GH but NOT Rock Band, like Guns n Roses and Lacuna Coil.

HALF?

I'm not sure on the legitimacy of the list, but your reasoning makes absolutely no sense.

I hate those bonus songs. other then that the list is fantastic.

I wonder if there gonna plan some huge DLC to coincide with the release of RB2.

bounchfx

Finally Mastodon and Megadeth and Dream Theater

Now where the hell is He Is Legend and Blind Guardian? AND OPETH?

DLC PLEASE

DuckRacer

What if the Guns n' Roses song is from Chinese Democracy? That could explain why we can't find it on Google or iTunes.

Regardless, that list seems a little fake with no Freezepop, Metallica + Megadeth (it might be possible, but who knows), etc.

If it is real though, 1) what happened to the 120 songs from that survey (seeing how that's where the AC/DC rumor came from to begin with), and 2) I want Back in Black, and 3) where's Iron Maiden?

Onemic

So mastodon, megadeth, pearl Jam, and dream theater?

Fuck yes.

GHWT has some serious competition with this kick-ass set list right now.

Memles

Love the additions to the second list...but that they're additions versus outright changes kind of alarms me. A lot.

It definitely raises serious questions about these lists: why the few omissions/changes (ie. why are almost all songs the same except for, say, Hot Hot Heat's Bandages?), and shouldn't we trust the playtest list that was released first before the "intercepted inter-staff email"?

I'm really excited about the Fleetwood Mac addition, very excited indeed, but at the same time I have to remain apprehensive.

So consider me a tracklist skeptic, albeit an excited one, until E3.

LakeEarth

Archie said:
Battery? That'll be sick on guitar.

Edit: Giving the list a second look, there is a notable absence of Freezepop. Probably fake. :/
I dunno. Freezepop was in GH for the DS so who knows whats up with that.

Memles said:
Love the additions to the second list...but that they're additions versus outright changes kind of alarms me. A lot.

It definitely raises serious questions about these lists: why the few omissions/changes (ie. why are almost all songs the same except for, say, Hot Hot Heat's Bandages?), and shouldn't we trust the playtest list that was released first before the "intercepted inter-staff email"?

I'm really excited about the Fleetwood Mac addition, very excited indeed, but at the same time I have to remain apprehensive.

Email = Actual Track List
First List = Seen Tracks By Playtester And Thus Can Include DLC Scheduled For Release Betwixt Now And September

Memles said:

Until everything is confirmed at E3, some of the leaked playtest tracks could very well be part of the DLC that will be on it's way between now and the Rock Band 2 release. Once the setlist for RB2 is revealed officialy, the rest of the leaked tracks could very well be coming our way sooner than September. :D

Edit: Also, see the post above for same statement in a nutshell. :lol

PacoDG

Just when I started to become accepting of that first 'full' tracklist, someone had to go and finish out the list by adding tracks that make me all skeptical again

i pray Mastodon makes the cut.

Enron

Banned
HOLY SHIT PLEASE BE TRUE.

It's like they've answered my prayers. Dinosaur Jr.

AND

THE

REPLACEMENTS

!!!!!!!

StrikerObi said:
Mighty Mighty Bosstones!!! Please be true!!! Oh god please!
Hell yeah! Someday we will get a Ska pack Striker. It must be done!

Also I hope this new list is true since it has Beck. Matt Mahaffey, who is the singer for Self, my favorite band ever, is now in Beck's band. It probably won't happen, but I need to have Self in this game!

The only thing else that's missing is The Decline by NOFX.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7678699283388177257
Listen to the entire thing and love it. It is epic.

Wired All Wrong said:
Hell yeah! Someday we will get a Ska pack Striker. It must be done!

Also I hope this new list is true since it has Beck. Matt Mahaffey, who is the singer for Self, my favorite band ever, is now in Beck's band. It probably won't happen, but I need to have Self in this game!

The only thing else that's missing is The Decline by NOFX.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7678699283388177257
Listen to the entire thing and love it. It is epic.

And "Blue Eyed Devil" by Soul Coughing.

Never forget that.

Onemic

PacoDG said:
Just when I started to become accepting of that first 'full' tracklist, someone had to go and finish out the list by adding tracks that make me all skeptical again

i pray Mastodon makes the cut.

I really want to play colony of birchmen now on drums. DO IT HMX!

Onemic

That list is now looking suspect.

There's no way Tangled up in Blue will be in Rock Band. There's no drums nor any bass in that song whatsoever.

koam

birdman said:
If that really is the case, I'm scared for my life.

Maybe when you choose the track in RB2, all you get is a "coming soon" banner with an ad for Duke Nukem forever in the corner.

birdman

onemic said:
That list is now looking suspect.

There's no way Tangled up in Blue will be in Rock Band. There's no drums nor any bass in that song whatsoever.

And getting Bob to re-do the song sounds pretty far fetched.

koam said:
Maybe when you choose the track in RB2, all you get is a "coming soon" banner with an ad for Duke Nukem forever in the corner.

It doesn't matter if both of them suck, I'm going to buy both of them Day 1 just so I can say "They finally came out, and I wa there to buy it."

Onemic

Silver at least had the drummer doing something. This neither has the drummer playing nor the bassist playing. Plus it has a damn harmonica solo!

Onemic

PacoDG said:
Tangled Up in Blue has drums (I had to download the mp3 off the album itself to double check).

This youtube video has the original version I think.

List Redeemed!

Nice!

I think I notice bass in there too. I must say though I'm really not feeling the song. Then again I hate most Bob Dylan songs in general, save for subterranean homesick blues.

Crateman

The only thing that matters is that the artists that I was really looking forward to see in RB2 from the first list -Dylan, Lush, Dream Theater, Rush, Modest Mouse, Sonic Youth- are in both lists... so that means I win :D

But, seriously HMX: No Freezepop?!?!? That makes me a little sad...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom