• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple to hold iPhone 4 press conference this Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.
TheBranca18 said:
Weren't those emails revealed to be fake?
I don't know if it was ever decided one way or the other. But like the overall problem it doesn't matter if it's true or not, the damage is done. A lie - or in this case an exaggeration - makes its halfway around the world before the truth can get its pants on.

Tobor

Gary Whitta said:
I'm an Xbot in the Gaming Threads when I support Microsoft and an Apple bot in the OT when I bash Microsoft for their failures (Kin, Vista, etc). This is NeoGAF dude!
I've been called an Xbot, Ninthing, Sonytard, and Apple fanboy.

I wish I'd had the foresight to save all those quotes. :lol

evil ways

Gary Whitta said:
I don't know if it was ever decided one way or the other. But like the overall problem it doesn't matter if it's true or not, the damage is done. A lie - or in this case an exaggeration - makes its halfway around the world before the truth can get its pants on.
And JesusJobs and his JesusPhone both get unfairly crucified for our sins, right.

Blackhead

Redarse
Tobor said:
Why are you blaming me? I didn't bring it up.

@Marty, your examples make sense, I'm just dreading a future where people are Facetiming and being obnoxious all over the place.
Bit late, but sorry didn't mean to blame you. ;)

itxaka

Defeatist
Tobor said:
I've been called an Xbot, Ninthing, Sonytard, and Apple fanboy.

I wish I'd had the foresight to save all those quotes. :lol

BACK OFF XBOT!

Who started that meme btw?

Original iPhone commercial recreated with iOS4 on iPhone 3G:
http://tv.gawker.com/5587280/how-doe...rst-commercial

Damn, that is gotta be edited right? I'm glad I got a 3gs, because if that is real I couldn't stand those jumps and slow downs :/ The smoothness of the UI is one of the selling points of the iphone for me.

teiresias

TheBranca18 said:
Weren't those emails revealed to be fake?
The only one Apple denied was the one that said, "relax, retire, its just a phone." The one where he says "don't hold it that way" was never refuted, so with Apple that usually means he actually sent it.

subrock

itxaka said:
Damn, that is gotta be edited right? I'm glad I got a 3gs, because if that is real I couldn't stand those jumps and slow downs :/ The smoothness of the UI is one of the selling points of the iphone for me.
thats real life for us unlucky bastards with (*GASP*) a 2 year old phone!

They never denied any of the emails except one: Where he told the guy "It is only a phone" or something like that. They never confirmed the others either. And of course, when Apple said that one email was fake there were a lot of people trying to prove it was real. Eh.

EDIT: Shit. Beaten as I was typing this.

LCfiner

Gary Whitta said:
Man, Apple really should not have allowed iOS4 on the 3G.

it's pretty slow, yeah, but maybe people will hate it less when they get apps that use some of the more interesting and powerful music, map and calendar APIs

right now, the apps are pretty much the same as before but everything else is slower.

itxaka

Defeatist
subrock said:
thats real life for us unlucky bastards with (*GASP*) a 2 year old phone!

Can't you downgrade to ios 3? Because if I had to suffer that daily, I will kill myself. No point of having a phone not responsive.

Zeppu

Fersis said:
You guys should make two threads:
- We love Apple |OT| -
- We hate Apple |OT| -

Then no one would get banned or anything like that. :3

Strangely enough if that were to be the case all the haters would be trolling the We love Apple thread and the lovers would be in the defending in the hate thread.

No one would go in the thread in which they actually belong.

josephdebono said:
Strangely enough if that were to be the case all the haters would be trolling the We love Apple thread and the lovers would be in the defending in the hate thread.

:lol :lol so true

TehOh

itxaka said:
Can't you downgrade to ios 3? Because if I had to suffer that daily, I will kill myself. No point of having a phone not responsive.

I want to know this. I've been suffering through iOS4 on a 3G. If there's an easy way to downgrade, I am so there.

SimleuqiR

antispin said:
Let's not pretend that Apple users don't get carried away in the company's defense. We've had them defending: no copy-paste, no multitasking, no wallpapers, no folders/categorization, no front-facing camera -- just to name a few of the decisions Apple themselves reconsidered. This particular incidence has one group saying it doesn't affect me, so what's the big deal (hey, it's only voice reception, pfft), another group claiming that the bumper is designed in the manner it is because glass on both sides doesn't need protection; but the stainless steel bezel does!?

The way Apple handled this situation has also been terrible so far, which is very un-Apple like: the bizarre emails, the ridiculous PR... I agree that the issue is blown way out of proportion but it's nobody's fault but Apple's. They could have resolved it weeks ago if they didn't think they could get away with it.

I love my iDevices but the way this situation was handled thus far has been atrocious.

http://techcrunch.com/2010/07/12/the-ultimate-fanboys

“Things are things. Companies make things. Some things are perfect. Some things not so perfect. In a society based on selling things, it’s expected that those imperfections will be corrected. If you don’t want the media to report those imperfections because it personally offends your own sense of satisfaction in owning a product, that’s on you.”​

teiresias

Gary Whitta said:
Only watch twit if you want to hear their hosts talking all over Jobs so you can't hear a word he's saying.
Is there even going to be a live video steam for them to talk over or are we just getting live blogs?

TehOh said:
I want to know this. I've been suffering through iOS4 on a 3G. If there's an easy way to downgrade, I am so there.
Agreed.

Everything is just so... slow.

I'd give up folders for it to be at least a bit more responsive.

deadbeef

TehOh said:
Please tell me how!!! My iPhone is almost useless it's so laggy now

AirBrian

SimleuqiR said:

http://techcrunch.com/2010/07/12/the-ultimate-fanboys

“Things are things. Companies make things. Some things are perfect. Some things not so perfect. In a society based on selling things, it’s expected that those imperfections will be corrected. If you don’t want the media to report those imperfections because it personally offends your own sense of satisfaction in owning a product, that’s on you.”​
Not to go off-topic, but what's your avatar from?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
josephdebono said:

One can dream my friend... one can dream.

Patriots7

Jamesfrom818 said:
All part of the plan to get people to upgrade.
The 2G and 3G have the same hardware if I remember correctly. They should have just said it's not compatible with the 3G and move on instead of release unoptimized garbage for the 3G. That would have forced people to upgrade.

I just had an out of memory error pop up when i was using twitter app wtf... nothing crashed but why did it happen?

Can't wait for nintendo to make a phoneconsole

Joe

Apple is going to come out and say "YOU GUYS ARE FUCKING STUPID BE GRATEFUL YOU EVEN HAVE AN IPHONE" in about the nicest, most backhanded way possible.

subrock

doing a hard reset (home and power for 10 seconds) on the 3G and installing ios4 from scratch helped a little to make my phone look less like the video, but if there are concurrent tasks running it really does lose its shit.

as an aside, I have been telling my friends how to hard reset their phones because apparently no one knows how to do it. I've had more than a few people say they reboot theirs all the time, but when they showed me, they were just powering off/on.

It's weird to think that this is happening only one freeway stop, from where I am right now. I could drive to Apple in less than 5 min.

gcubed

apple is basically going to do the right thing here, but i would love the lulz of a "our patch we released made everything better"

Crisco

Banned
I'm not sure what I'm wishing for more. The fanboy reaction if they do something dramatic like issue a recall, or the hater reaction if they do nothing. Should be hilarious either way.

(Been using a 4 for three days and LOVE IT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom