• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

I will not say this was the worst Mania

What I will say:

This was easily the worst Mania since WCW and ECW died.

And not only that, but you know what else? There's not listening to fans, then there's actively booking to spite them. There likely has not been a more spiteful show booked since...that New Japan/WCW show done in Korea. And this gives THAT a run for its money. EASILY.

The positive that can be taken away? It's over. We did it. Reigns is champ. Whatever comes next comes, but their plan worked at last. They got a Shit Mania, the one they worked 3 years for.

I got to see The Rock bury the GamerGate Family both in the ring and on the mic, and even Cena joined in. Add in the New Day's stuff, RYDER WINNING THE IC BELT, the fantastic Women's Triple Threat, and Roman winning, and it was a pretty great show.

DMczaf

tumblr_o52yh84rzA1sqfdmzo2_250.gif

#Soon

Raw64life

I got to see The Rock bury the GamerGate Family both in the ring and on the mic, and even Cena joined in. Add in the New Day's stuff, RYDER WINNING THE IC BELT, the fantastic Women's Triple Threat, and Roman winning, and it was a pretty great show.

I wouldn't call it a great show, but I enjoyed the ladder match, AJ vs. Jericho minus the finish, the women's match, Stone Cold/HBK/Foley beatdown, Shane/Taker, them actually using the ARMBAR to push a future star (although Henry winning would've been nice).

Things I enjoyed about WM29: Taker/Punk, and it's overrated due to it being the only match on the card that wasn't the drizzling shits.

Caderfix

I'm happy for Corbin and Zack. Also, the Woman's match was pretty good. Other than that, I don't think I have anything positive to say about this show.

Even disconsidering the results, the matches were just boring, the couple of promos we had were way to long.

This was bad.

shaowebb

Wow...time to bump the old "Lowest ratings" thread for WWE. This mania only drew interest on the prospect that Shane might wrench control of the show on the air from Vince IMO.

I think it straight up fuck you'd the finish of every match. Everyone looked old, and bad save the women's division out there. They buried everyone on the roster with the elderly names of the past, and in general had to spend the ENTIRE final match desperately trying and failing to mute the audience and pipe in other audio.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Good Mania, lots of surprises. Tomorrows Raw should be good. Only stanker was the main event and Triple H's entrance was unreal. Loved the show!

Zach

Sorry bud, missed that note. Looks like you made the right call and got to see nakamura in a once in a lifetime moment
Yep. And that will forever be great. And I'm planning on buying tickets to the upcoming Tulsa show. I doubt Nakamura will be at that, though. :(

shanafan

Catching up on the preshow matches.

After watching the 3-way match, and now this 10 woman match, I have to say that I am liking more and more the womens division.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hahaha. That was the ONLY stinker? Come on, guy. Come on!
What else was bad? I had a lot of fun watching it. Lots of surprising results.

Also just the possibility that Nakamura makes it to Tulsa has me willing to buy.

As a whole the weekend had a lot of surprising and baffling finishes from NXT all the way to Mania.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Oh, we're pretending that this was the worst Wrestlemania ever? ok then

ew gross, this sucked, vince pls crash your car

I mean, we can keep debating whether it was the worst of all time or not, or we can debate whether it was good and I don't think anyone can objectively say it was good. The only two matches that were good were the ladder match and women's match. That's a 2/10 rate.

Caderfix

What else was bad? I had a lot of fun watching it. Lots of surprising results.

Also just the possibility that Nakamura makes it to Tulsa has me willing to buy.

As a whole the weekend had a lot of surprising and baffling finishes from NXT all the way to Mania.

Did you like Taker vs Shane, the Battle Royale and Dean vs Brock?

This feud started when the fans cheered for Bryan over Batista and Anybody (eventually Seth) over Reigns. Both options died while Reigns stayed healthy and Batista made movies

The culmination was Reigns getting his Moment, the fans losing for an entire Mania, and Batista getting a role in Blade Runner 2, all in the same weekend. The crowd (WWE) went home happy. A Good Mania

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, we're pretending that this was the worst Wrestlemania ever? ok then

ew gross, this sucked, vince pls crash your car
You know how it is with gimmick posters.

Truth is there was a lot to enjoy about the show, but when peoples' precious faves don't win, oh god what a terrible Mania! Ridiculous.

There's Negative's to the show. Was an hour too long. Roman/Hs wasn't anywhere near what I'd have enjoyed. But... The finishes are what they are and not a big deal.

AND MY DUDE BARON CORBIN!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Did you like Taker vs Shane, the Battle Royale and Dean vs Brock?
Bro you KNOW I loved the battle royale! I thought it was a lot of fun especially with Shaq. The results made me beam with joy.

Taker vs Shane was a spectacle clusterfuck as expected. Slow and plodding thanks to Taker, but it was fine. Not a gem by any means but it was fine. I didn't feel negative about it.

Dean vs Brock I did enjoy.

Top Bottom