• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

Crews will be fine when the rest of,Monster Express shows up

tumblr_nag8t2T1RX1s77bfao1_500.jpg

Kaladin

In the grand scheme of things, the old record at Wresltemania III was still more impressive because people were there to see Hogan vs Andre.

They weren't there to see Wrestlemania despite whatever was booked.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think we're all in agreeance that Hoo-Ha District would have been a better moniker.

Razorskin

----- ------
Put Crews with New Day and let him learn charisma from those guys.

Or in the League of Nations representing the nation of Uhaa.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Hopefully Ryder loses the belt.

They already filmed NXT and he's on it and nobody said he had the belt in spoilers, so I'm guessing he loses the instant rematch on Raw and its just a mainstream "moment." WM doesn't *mean* anything other than a time for random, out-of-context moments like Steve Austin appearing to stun everyone for no actual rhyme or reason.

Forkball

Remember when Miz won the IC belt at Wrestlemania and then lost it the next day?

Miz has actually walked out of Wrestlemania with three different championships.

This happened.

Gurrry

One thing I don't get is how this Wrestlemania packed that stadium.

This Wrestlemania of all of them. Wrestlemania isn't always a sellout, not even the great ones, but they somehow managed to pack the house with 30k more people than a typical Wrestlemania attendance.

And people knew it would be somewhere between a shit show to a slightly okay show going in.

They start selling tickets for this thing like 5-6 months in advance. Wayyyy before the card is even set.

Plus, its the super bowl. People are going to go/watch it no matter what.

bjork

In the grand scheme of things, the old record at Wresltemania III was still more impressive because people were there to see Hogan vs Andre.

They weren't there to see Wrestlemania despite whatever was booked.

I agree with this. They used to try and hype a big match feel to things. I'm not sure when that change happened, though. Mid-90s for sure. But it could be an exposure thing too, they weren't on every week on Raw and every month on PPV.

bjork

It is a day off, finally. I am going to the store for supplies, and then I see that a new episode of Generation 16 is up on YT. So I'm gonna go get my shit and kick my feet up for some good Sega video watchin'. Feels good.

NoRéN

Meltz thinking Ibushi and Richochet likely NXT bound. Likely to be involved in the cruiserweight tournament.

Looks like someone is back in the good graces of Vince.
Popular cruiserweights likely to be involved in cruiserweight tournament.

Dat scoop! Subscribed!

Kurita

Oh boy that Wrestlemania...

-Triple threat was great as expected
-New Day had a cool entrance
-I still don't like HBK
-Ladder match was entertaining but... I like Ryder but I don't want him as a champ
-Ambrose vs Lesnar... What a waste. Ambrose didn't come out with the weapon chariot. What was the point of RAW? Lesnar never really seemed in danger, I thought Ambrose was a maniac? Shit ending.
-Taker vs Shane. Heh, we got the spot. Otherwise nothing outstanding.
-Glad Corbin won the battle royale.
-Skipped the 10vs10
-Boring Rock promo, cool Cena is back, Wyatt got compliments by The Rock and cheers before getting buried
-Main event was nothing special

So TakeOver was better.

Gurrry

The Wyatts werent the biggest burial IMO

Dean is the one that is forever midcard now. All that baby face heat you accumulated by putting him in key spots in the rumble and against HHH at roadblock.. all of it is trash.

The dude simply will not win against the big names. He can beat everyone in the mid card. But as soon as he faces a part timer or a upper card big name guy.. hes fucking done. One finisher and hes getting pinned clean.

Dean NEEDED this win against Brock. I have zero faith in anything he does anymore and his crazy lunatic gimmick is dead to me.

Hell, after last night, Shane is a better Dean Ambrose than Dean Ambrose.

MG310

Find someone who looks at you the way Rusev looks at Shaq

The Wyatts werent the biggest burial IMO

Dean is the one that is forever midcard now. All that baby face heat you accumulated by putting him in key spots in the rumble and against HHH at roadblock.. all of it is trash.

The dude simply will not win against the big names. He can beat everyone in the mid card. But as soon as he faces a part timer or a upper card big name guy.. hes fucking done. One finisher and hes getting pinned clean.

Dean NEEDED this win against Brock. I have zero faith in anything he does anymore and his crazy lunatic gimmick is dead to me.

Hell, after last night, Shane is a better Dean Ambrose than Dean Ambrose.

Dean really came out with nothing. Does he come at Brock again and go for a rematch? I don't see how that works out for him. He got clowned 3 or 4 times in the buildup (including Brock walking on his face) and then falling to the weakest beating Brock has handed out outside of the match against Kofi.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Surprised you all don't get that JR is right. The Wyatts weren't hurt. They are exactly in the SAME spot they were before. Nobody thinks less of them because to most ISEC folks, they weren't shit to begin with.

Everything continues on the same pace as before, this wasn't a big deal to anyone.

Toki767

I gotta give Austin credit. Last night when HBK and Foley were attacking Del Rio and Sheamus, Austin was letting Rusev attack him for a good minute or two before raking the eyes and taking over.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I gotta give Austin credit. Last night when HBK and Foley were attacking Del Rio and Sheamus, Austin was letting Rusev attack him for a good minute or two before raking the eyes and taking over.

I noticed this too, he let Rusev get the better of him for a bit. Good Guy Steve loves Rusev.

I was pretty unhappy with the vast majority of last night, but Friday's TakeOver event was so good at emotionally connecting with the audience and provided such thoroughly great wrestling, that I can't even be mad.

NoRéN;200122306 said:
Popular cruiserweights likely to be involved in cruiserweight tournament.

Dat scoop! Subscribed!

The "scoop" isn't their involvement in the tournament. It's them actually signing deals with NXT full-time.

Top Bottom