• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

Miz is most definitely helping that belt. He is the best heel. Whoever takes it off him will get a lot of shine. Might even be Zayn.
Exactly, you beat someone with more credentials than your regular fake wrestler when you beat Miz. You beat a damn real Awesome star with a wife who's a model and self made. That's going to be one lucky kid.

ByjLRAv.png

d6vIvt1.png

I can see the Rock.

"Ok I'll pin you in 6 seconds after a rock bottom..."

WCW hits the beaches of California to present Bash at the Beach 1995. Hulk Hogan defends the WCW World Heavyweight Championship against Vader in a Steel Cage Match. 'Macho Man' Randy Savage faces 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair in a Lifeguard Match.

Oh hell yeah.

Strax

Zack got his moment and it made him happy. Can't take that away from him. Man, some people are impossible to please. Not Zack though.

Zack has shown in the weeks since he came back to RAW more charisma then everbody in the ladder match has in the last 6 months.

Toki767

My biggest question coming out of last night is this:

Where is Triple H's rematch clause?

He has to be around to demand it first.

Although I guess technically Reigns never used his rematch clause when he lost the title. Which is good, because the rematch clause is the laziest booking there is.

NoDQ.com said:
Former TNA star Crimson (Anthony Gregory Mayweather) was arrested early Sunday morning for domestic assault, according to a report by The Leaf Chronicle out of Tennessee.

According to the report, Mayweather headbutted his wife and is being held at Montgomery County Jail on $2,500 bond. His wife, Heather, was also arrested on public intoxication charges and is being held on $250 bond.

crimson-mugshot-600x400.jpg

MG310

That's where I see it going as well. Miz is the big-headed ego, sami is the scrappy under dog. Miz is clearly a placeholder and speaks to the lack of quality heels

Plus a month or two of feuding with Zack will give them some time to see how they feel about Apollo Crews as a main roster talent.

I love the assumption we're all making that Bullet Club is going to happen in the E. I can't wait to be massively let down in how it plays out. League of Bullet Club

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The IC Belt is supposed to elevate someone to the top-card, its hard to argue that it didnt work exactly as it was supposed to for KO. ZR is not getting elevated, they need to move it to some who can make that jump, because dolph or stardust are not doing it

I think that's where you're confused. It's not meant to do anything, hence why Miz has it.

rrc1594

Ok. Havent watched RAW. Cant watch RAW.

Someone explain the Womens title trainwreck I am hearing about.

Not really a trainwreck the person who should of won it didn't, which is like whatever . Then Charlotte cuts a face like promo when she is a heel, so it was kinda weird.

Kaladin

In 1997 WWF, the one thing that kind of sticks out to me is Doug Furnas and Phil Lefon. I don't remember them at all, yet they're getting a bigger spotlight than most guys that I don't remember. They're getting on PPVs and getting tag title matches and such.

Wikipedia tells me they had a car accident which pretty much haulted any forward progress.

They just didn't seem to fit with the era though at all.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Raw
Hour 1 - 4.287 million
Hour 2 - 4.178 million
Hour 3 - 3.816 million
Avg - 4.1 million

Last year's was 5.23, 5.60 and 5.27 for a 5.37 average
something something ratings don't matter something something you're still gonna tune in something something

I just realized who I'm going to enter in the avatar rumble

Are we actually doing this or not? I feel like I've been hearing about the Avatar Rumble since November.

Not really a trainwreck the person who should of won it didn't, which is like whatever . Then Charlotte cuts a face like promo when she is a heel, so it was kinda weird.

OK.

The way it was explained to me was they tried to do a shoot/real title presentation ceremony where everyone is faces but the crowd was having none of it.

They really still not committing to Charlotte as a heel? After 6 fucking months of her and Ric cheating to win? Sounds about right.

OK.

The way it was explained to me was they tried to do a shoot/real title presentation ceremony where everyone is faces but the crowd was having none of it.

They really still not committing to Charlotte as a heel? After 6 fucking months of her and Ric cheating to win? Sounds about right.

I mean they did and they didn't. She cut a complete, no irony face promo about the title and women, then did a 180 to a promo about herself and her dad, the Women walked out, and Nattie beat her up.

rrc1594

I mean they did and they didn't. She cut a complete, no irony face promo about the title and women, then did a 180 to a promo about herself and her dad, the Women walked out, and Nattie beat her up.

Yeah it was dumb booking she should of lost the belt a WM, then new belt with a face champion.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
What a shame, that Main Event was lit

All of a sudden I don't hear the same chirping about Main Event rating drags that normally occurs when Reigns is in the Main Event. Funny how confirmation bias works. :p

(PS: 3 hours is too long for RAW, even if this was SCSA in his prime)

something something ratings don't matter something something you're still gonna tune in something something

Honestly, considering that it was Opening Day for MLB and the NCAA Championship Game (with North Carolina and Villanova, two big audiences), those are pretty decent ratings for RAW. NCAA game drew 17.8 million viewers, with its viewership peak at 11:15 to 11:30 ET (aka during the overrun) of 22.3 million.

Honestly, RAW has until the final year of its current contract before it really needs to care about ratings. The broadcasting contract is locked in. They do need to worry about ratings some, but the focus should be the network until 2017/2018.

Syder

Ok. Havent watched RAW. Cant watch RAW.

Someone explain the Womens title trainwreck I am hearing about.
'Trainwreck' is a typical overreaction to a dodgy segment. Charlotte's mic skills are still questionable especially as she was told to deliver a face promo. If it wasn't a post-Mania crowd chanting for Bayley it wouldn't have stuck out anywhere near as much.

Aiii

So not worth it
Honestly, considering that it was Opening Day for MLB and the NCAA Championship Game (with North Carolina and Villanova, two big audiences), those are pretty decent ratings for RAW. NCAA game drew 17.8 million viewers, with its viewership peak at 11:15 to 11:30 ET (aka during the overrun) of 22.3 million.

Honestly, RAW has until the final year of its current contract before it really needs to care about ratings. The broadcasting contract is locked in. They do need to worry about ratings some, but the focus should be the network until 2017/2018.

There's always something to excuse the plummeting of the ratings, isn't there?

It's all fun and games until you are watching Raw in SD on the TV Guide channel.

Toki767

Yeah it was dumb booking she should of lost the belt a WM, then new belt with a face champion.

I guess Vince didn't hear the crowd booing her throughout the weekend just like he didn't hear the crowd booing Reigns. If they really wanted the crowd to take it seriously, they should've done it with Sasha.

Top Bottom