• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

Fox318

OgkhadW.png

everybody on this god damn message board knows he's the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be

and if you don't like it, TOUGH SHIT

I think Bret is completely pathetic. I mean, why would I be a fan of someone who wears pink tights?

WHAT THE HELL IS THAT ALL ABOUT

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bret's humble as fuck, he just recognises that it would be a waste of time to pretend he wasn't that damn good. Bret > Shawn, forever and ever.
He's a crybaby that happens to be one of the best ever. It's INFURIATING to listen to him because his baby mannerisms and baby arguments and baby tantrums he throws are all bulletproof because he was one of the best ever. I want to Sindel style shout at him so loud his skin comes off.

Fox318

Shawn > Bret

How popular were their last Wrestlemania matches? hmmmmm

Bret's last wrestlemania match launched the biggest babyface in the history of wrestling and is the greatest match ever.

Bret would still be with the company with that 20 year deal today if HHH didn't tell Vince to screw him for no reason.

Shawn > Bret

How popular were their last Wrestlemania matches? hmmmmm

You can make a case for Bret being one of the best based entirely on his WWF run in the 90's - if HBK hadn't returned in the 2000s, he wouldn't be as well regarded as he is today and I doubt he'd even be seen in the same light as Bret.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bret is so damned good that he made Owen look like what he was - less talented. He's so far beyond HBK it isn't even a question. If anything, Bret is UNDERappreciated.

He's a crybaby that happens to be one of the best ever. It's INFURIATING to listen to him because his baby mannerisms and baby arguments and baby tantrums he throws are all bulletproof because he was one of the best ever. I want to Sindel style shout at him so loud his skin comes off.

He's super bitter, but his life spiralled into a ball of fuckery once Montreal happened. Screwed by Vince, brother dies due to a completely unnecessary stunt botch, brother in law dies, Goldberg ends career. I can see why he's so miserable, but it does grate on the nerves. I prefer it to the insincere ramblings and 'found God' horseshit of Michaels though.

I got to see Bret fight Flair at my only WWF live event. That's a pretty sweet main event for an only show.

bjork

Bret is so damned good that he made Owen look like what he was - less talented. He's so far beyond HBK it isn't even a question. If anything, Bret is UNDERappreciated.

Owen's the one that taught Bret the Sharpshooter, and Bret kept him in his shadow all those years. I heard it on the commentary, so it must be true.

I prefer Bret to Shawn, but I prefer Owen to everyone ever if I'm being honest.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Sounds like you're just mad that one of the best wrestlers of all time knows the biz better than you.

sjIgQvb.gif

Shawn's burial of guys like Vader (and attempted burial of The Rock) is enough for me to give the edge to Bret.

It was at least entertaining in its sadness. Bret v Vince was just entirely sad.

There's nothing entertaining about watching two middle-aged guys going through a mid-life crisis.

I wonder what Bryan thinks about that.

I wonder if he still has any interest in making a new promotion with those intentions he had with Gabe.

bjork

The later portion of Shawn's career devolved into him getting the shit beat out of him for 15 minutes and then landing a superkick out of nowhere to win.

That was basically his summerslam 2002 match as well.

1997 drug-era shawn is the best shawn. Even if he was a giant jerk at the time, his output was entertaining as hell.

Menome

It might be time to retire this avatar, especially if the man in question is about to be let go.

A shame we don't have animated avatars, otherwise I'd totally go for the cheesy-profile AJ Styles from a week or two ago.

Stage 5: Acceptance

Top Bottom