• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

bjork

It might be time to retire this avatar, especially if the man in question is about to be let go.

A shame we don't have animated avatars, otherwise I'd totally go for the cheesy-profile AJ Styles from a week or two ago.

Just crop his face and put it on a milk carton.

Bret's da besssssss....

He was so good that he shored up with losers like Savio Vega and lobbied for them in the face of the kliq because he knew if he was with the kliq, none of them would be able to get out from under his shadow.

bjork

¡HarlequinPanic!;200339810 said:
Bret's da besssssss....

He was so good that he shored up with losers like Savio Vega and lobbied for them in the face of the kliq because he knew if he was with the kliq, none of them would be able to get out from under his shadow.

He's just lucky Big D didn't shoot on him at Survivor Series 95, that's all.

bjork

Missing, presumed dead, has to be a better fate than the Impact Zone.

Well that depends, would he be allowed to actually be on the show, and if he was, would he be his own character, or would they have him ape WWE guys for some sick burn that no one would ever see?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I watched Takeover and Mania with someone who gets VERY emotionally moved when people cry when they win or lose. I feel like exploiting this - any match endings involving legit tears that really move your heart? Any and all recommendations are welcome.

I watched Takeover and Mania with someone who gets VERY emotionally moved when people cry when they win or lose. I feel like exploiting this - any match endings involving legit tears that really move your heart? Any and all recommendations are welcome.

Shawn and Flair is the obvious one.

Sephzilla

Flair vs HBK at Mania 24

EDIT - FlammableD, you motherfucker!

giphy.gif

Man you guys have a low opinion of me. :(

Man of Steel is still #1
B V S is a thumbs down. Its like The Hobbit movies compared to LOTR.

I have been quiet, because I don't always want to be the voice of negativity, and the product right now is not very good. I can only say it so many times.

Man of Steel is still #1

I have been quiet, because I don't always want to be the voice of negativity, and the product right now is not very good. I can only say it so many times.

I was going to say be the voice of truth, but you couldn't do that while praising MoS

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Man of Steel is still #1

Oh it's fine buddy. Have you seen this thread? It'd be just a handful of people posting if no negativity was aired.

What did you think of Eva on the Mania pre show?

Kaladin

I'm about to watch the 1997 Royal Rumble.

Sid is powerbombing kids onto tables, Bret is talking about breaking ankles because there are no rules anymore, Stone Cold is chop blocking people out of nowhere, Vader is fighting Taker and we have a random AAA match happen here and there.

Good times.

Fox318

Sasha vs Bayley 1 & 2
Ric Flair
  • Flair vs HBK
  • Flair vs Vader Starrcade
  • Flair vs Race
  • Flair's Retirement Ceremony
  • Pretty much every Flair win prior to 1994
Brock vs Eddie
Benoit vs HBK vs HHH (Then explain the aftermath and how the 2 men standing tall would be dead in less than 4 years because of the business)
Randy Savage & Elizabeth At WrestleMania 7
Eddie Guerrero Tribute Show with Sasha Banks in the front row
Daniel Bryan at Wrestlemania 30 and his retirement speech
Jerry Lawler's On-Air Heart Attack
Jake Roberts HOF Speech
Mick Foley Wins WWF Title

Manami Toyota vs Toshiyo Yamada - Hair vs Hair Match; http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x23tzn8

The backstory's simple, best friends who trained together and had a fierce rivalry - there had been two singles matches between them, both ending in a 30 minute draw. Now they face for a third time in a hair vs hair match to decide an ultimate winner, but they had also recently found big success as a tag team and, while both were determined to prove themselves the better of the pairing, neither was looking forward to the aftermath of such a high-stakes encounter.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Manami Toyota vs Toshiyo Yamada - Hair vs Hair Match; http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x23tzn8

The backstory's simple, best friends who trained together and had a fierce rivalry - there had been two singles matches between them, both ending in a 30 minute draw. Now they face for a third time in a hair vs hair match to decide an ultimate winner, but they had also recently found big success as a tag team and, while both were determined to prove themselves the better of the pairing, neither was looking forward to the aftermath of such a high-stakes encounter.
Oh! I remember watching this year's ago, I believe you shared it then too, or back when Wrasslegaf had more international flavor. I'm marking this one down too.

Appreciate all the suggestions so far, everyone.

Hex

Banned

Actually Shinsuke's last match, especially all of the in ring after stuff with CHAOS was fantastic

And not a match but Lucha Underground's Tribute to Perro was legit

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Actually Shinsuke's last match, especially all of the in ring after stuff with CHAOS was fantastic
Yeah! When he paraded around and then was paraded around! So good.

Not sure if that's what they are showing on NXT tonight - all they are advertising is the Crews/Drifter match from before Takeover.

That's definitely an option as well. The next TV taping is on April 28, and I think they only taped three episodes at Axxess. So, they could use Crews/Samson tonight with highlights from WrestleMania weekend and interviews to fill out tonight's episode and push these matches to next week's show.

Stealth edit: WWE.com has Crews/Samson in its NXT preview for tonight, so that's what we're getting.

I was mad salty for
Hogan vs Warrior & HHH winning the rumble.

I was bragging Hogan would win. Fucker let me down.
Seeing HHH not earning the title at Mania sucked.. At least come out mid pack and it would of been legit.

rrc1594

Wait a minute why the fuck does Ultimate Warrior get a pass? I mean fuck Hulk Hogan, but Warrior was openly going from place to place talking toxic homophobic bullshit at colleges and he was racist.

Kurita

Wait, I'm watching TakeOver London, Carmella hits Dawson and there's no DQ? I don't care if he isn't the legal man, that's a DQ yo

A few pages late but I always thought the New Japan baseball style t shirts would be a perfectly acceptable wrestling shirt.

A damn shame I cant get one here because I probably would have got one by now.

New Japan EU shop never has any stock for anything other then Bulletclub stuff

EVOLVE is now developmental for WWE's developmental;

t1k4Hi7.jpg

It depends on who they get. If they are able to get guys like Matt Riddle or Fred Yehi, then it's not that big a deal. If this change in direction prevents Evolve from booking guys with TNA ties like Andrew Everett, Davey Richards, guys with NJPW ties like Trent Barretta, or international guys like Tommy End, then it becomes a problem for my enjoyment of Evolve.

More than anything, I'd like to see WWNLive get someone from the WWE Network to look at its iPPV streaming because the WWNLive iPPVs, particularly during WrestleMania weekend, were problematic and embarrassing.

Kaladin

More than anything, I'd like to see WWNLive get someone from the WWE Network to look at its iPPV streaming because the WWNLive iPPVs, particularly during WrestleMania weekend, were problematic and embarrassing.

That's the reason I don't buy EVOLVE PPVs anymore myself. Quality on the live stream is so hit and miss. I know it's difficult to nail down sometimes, but they've been at it for a while now and they should have this ironed out.

It would be amazing if Evolve could run as part of the WWE Network.

I know im kidding, I love you guys so much. I was born in this thread, raised by it.

Sasha vs Bayley 1 & 2
Ric Flair
  • Flair vs HBK
  • Flair vs Vader Starrcade
  • Flair vs Race
  • Flair's Retirement Ceremony
  • Pretty much every Flair win prior to 1994

Nice!!!!!!

Eva for ever!!!!!!!

Top Bottom