• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III |OT| Easier to read than Ratonhnhaké:ton

Spain:
150580_482802375074215_2035339157_n.jpg

Unfair!

They greyed out the American flag and everything else in the background. I wonder if that will be the same in the rest of Europe.

Gadirok

I want to get ACIII since its looking like a whole new thing, but I figure it will ruin Desmond's story for me in brotherhood and revelations.

I only played the first assassins creed and the second, but was too lazy to ever get to finishing the other 2, since brotherhood essentially felt like a continuation of 2 with minor changes.

What do you guys think? Should I buy and play AC3 at launch? I kinda got tired of ezio by the end of 2. I just don't want myself screwing it over for desmond's story which seems like a guarantee at this point.

and what about brotherhood and revelations?
i read somewhere that the ending of one of the other characters is in a DLC

There's some character resolution with Lucy in Revelations DLC. That character resolution is a something that is talked a lot about during the first hours of 3.

I want to get ACIII since its looking like a whole new thing, but I figure it will ruin Desmond's story for me in brotherhood and revelations.

I only played the first assassins creed and the second, but was too lazy to ever get to finishing the other 2, since brotherhood essentially felt like a continuation of 2 with minor changes.

What do you guys think? Should I buy and play AC3 at launch? I kinda got tired of ezio by the end of 2. I just don't want myself screwing it over for desmond's story which seems like a guarantee at this point.

Brotherhood is amazing. Like really amazing.

If you skip them, then read up on the story so you know what the hell is going with Desmond at the beginning of 3.

nickcv

There's some character resolution with Lucy in Revelations DLC. That character resolution is a something that is talked a lot about during the first hours of 3.

Brotherhood is amazing. Like really amazing.

If you skip them, then read up on the story so you know what the hell is going with Desmond at the beginning of 3.

so even if i won't get the Lucy DLC i will be able to see in 3 her resolution?

Darklord

Banned
I really don't want to play the other AC games. Especially since AC2 was completely screwy on my PC. Are they gonna go a "last time on AC..." recap? Surely they don't expect new players to go through 3-4 games first?

Eideka

Banned
That's impossible, trailers can't lie. The game looks way better than this on consoles (unless the trailers were using PC footage but I doubt it).

We don't even know on what TV is this being displayed.

That's impossible, trailers can't lie. The game looks way better than this on consoles (unless the trailers were using PC footage but I doubt it).

We don't even know on what TV is this being displayed.

trailers focused on city sections and snow sections..maybe this is some parts of the map

Gadirok

I really don't want to play the other AC games. Especially since AC2 was completely screwy on my PC. Are they gonna go a "last time on AC..." recap? Surely they don't expect new players to go through 3-4 games first?

They explained the first one perfectly in a few minutes when 2 began.

I can probably finish brotherhood by tuesday (its seriously going to cut into all the games I was working on now though, LBP vita, Sleeping Dogs, and sly) so not sure if I am going to invest the money into 3 yet or not.

For revelations, I might just read up into it.

TheOddOne

A.I, camera, graphics and gameplay issues revealed for ‘Assassin’s Creed 3’
The latest edition of the Polish gaming magazine, CD-Action, includes a lengthy article featuring the upcoming multiplatform title, “Assassin’s Creed 3.” The publication today revealed some of the issues that they ran into while completing the open-world action-adventure video game, including some faults to the A.I. (artificial intelligence), graphics, camera and gameplay).

A.I: The enemy AI is not very great, sometimes you can run away from enemies by running in circles around a hay bale, or soldiers falling to their deaths from rooftops while chasing you, friendly NPCs also don't adjust to your speed very well and sometimes run to you only to stand still for a couple of seconds, then repeating it
Riding horses in the Frontier is not a good idea, horses are described as "incompetent", making free-/treerunning a faster way to travel, though riding helps in winter when the snow slows you down a lot

Graphics: There are visible clipping issues, for example the lockpicks sometimes don't fit in the keyholes, enemies' bodies and weapons sometimes float in the air, and carts sometimes ignore horses "parked" on streets, "ghosting" through them, braids and ponytails also clip through faces

Camera: There are issues with the camera, sometimes it positions itself very poorly and sometimes even stops working (as in you can't move it with the right stick)

Gameplay: The trees in the Frontier feel very artificial, the paths that the branches make poke in the eye more than the ones in the cities. Also, sometimes it is difficult to see the spots you can climb, especially on stone walls. The "wait, I did not want you to do THIS!" freerunning issues return - the journalist mentioned one occasion in which he tried to climb a certain spot for 10 minutes, because the game wouldn't let him climb it, while he eventually succeeded

Eideka

Banned
Micromania by any chance?
Might go lurking for a copy once I'm done at work.

Non, à ma connaissance Micromania n'est pas concerné. Game de l'autre côté semblent plus enclins à libérer leurs exemplaires plus tôt

And for those of you worried about AC 3's graphics keep in mind that this is how Revelations looks on PS3 :

assassin-s-creed-revelations-playstation-3-ps3-1321286133-053.jpg

assassin-s-creed-revelations-playstation-3-ps3-1321286133-110.jpg

Those screens genuinely reflect how the game really looks, no bullshots, no photoshop and the result is very truthful.

Given that we know for a fact that the engine has been overhauled I don't think anyone should be worried.

ekim

Non, à ma connaissance Micromania n'est pas concerné. Game de l'autre côté semblent plus enclins à libérer leurs exemplaires plus tôt

And for those of you worried about AC 3's graphics keep in mind that this is how Revelations looks on PS3 :

assassin-s-creed-revelations-playstation-3-ps3-1321286133-110.jpg

Given that we know for a fact that the engine has been overhauled I don't think anyone should be worried.

Yeah... but the AC3 screens are from the xbox :(

Mael

00040010_052.htm

C'est probablement pas tous les GAMEs non plus. Mon GAME n'a pas été livré par exemple mais en région parisienne ca doit être bon

Eideka

Banned
Yeah... but the AC3 screens are from the xbox :(
No, I checked and those are from the PS3 version.
Edit : oh you were talking about the AC 3 shots, sorry.

Mael>
A toulouse c'est le cas pourtant

MrDaravon

Disappointing, but I think I've had every single one of those things happen in past games. Doesn't give it a pass, but I'm not surprised either.

I would like to know what's up with those 360 shots above. Are there any other shots or direct feed footage of the 360 version?

No, I checked and those are from the PS3 version.

He's talking about the AC3 screenshots above. Posting PS3 shots of previous games to compare against it doesn't help 360 owners :p

monome

héhé. Micromania n'est pas plus scrupuleux, c'est juste une question d'avoir reçu les cartons depuis la centrale. Merci!

Regarding graphics:

I think the game becomes prettier as time goes on. I never got it looking as bad as those three screenshots, but it became better looking later on (a lot less fog). But you can make most games look terrible if you find a section where they haven't put a lot of work into it. Especially in the context of a open world, where there will always be a lot of space that is not critical to the play experience, and therefore won't receive as much attention.

TheOddOne

Regarding graphics:

I think the game becomes prettier as time goes on. I never got it looking as bad as those three screenshots, but it became better looking later on (a lot less fog). But you can make most games look terrible if you find a section where they haven't put a lot of work into it. Especially in the context of a open world, where there will always be a lot of space that is not critical to the play experience, and therefore won't receive as much attention.
Which version (PC, 360 or PS3) you playing, if you mind me asking?

Forkball

I hope the multiplayer on PC doesn't die/actually work this time. I love the AC multiplayer but it is hell finding a good match.

Eideka

Banned
He's talking about the AC3 screenshots above. Posting PS3 shots of previous games to compare against it doesn't help 360 owners :p

It does not matter, AC 3 on PS3 is not going to look better than the 360 version. The first AssCreed aside the differences between the two versions have been trifling, screen tearing here and here perhaps. I can't be bothered to notice really.

The point I'm desperately trying to make is that the shots above can't be representative of how the game really looks, no fucking way (even on consoles) and the mere fact that Revelations on consoles looks noticeably sharper should give anyone a clue.

Besides it's not like we have seen many instances of console footage where AC 3 shines (Bostons, Frontier).

Even a PC game can look dreadful in screenshots.

It does not matter, AC 3 on PS3 is not going to look better than the 360 version.

The point I'm desperately trying to make is that the shots above can't be representative of how the game really looks, no fucking way (even on consoles) and the mere fact that Revelations on consoles looks noticeably sharper should give anyone a clue.

Besides it's not like we have seen many instances of console footage where AC 3 shines (Bostons, Frontier).

more of them

http://i.imgur.com/erxvg.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/AtYs9.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/3c3oQ.jpg

hank_tree

Those "360" shots are actually from AC3: Liberation (PS Vita) . Connor is an unlockable character if you link to the PS3 version

MrDaravon

It does not matter, AC 3 on PS3 is not going to look better than the 360 version.

I completely agree. I remember small areas in past games looking similar to that, Vinterbird put it well when they said that in any open world game, there's going to be areas that don't get as much detail put in just due to location and a minimal (if any) amount of time the player will spend there.

Edit: Oh, if those are actually from Liberation that makes much more sense.

Eideka

Banned
Joke post?

Of course it was PC

I don't think so.

And again we know that the game looks splendid on consoles (sorry to repeat myself but the E3 2012 walkthroughs were played on PS3).

game is out on some places since yesterday
Take a look at the video I linked above, not the same area I allow but that should erase your fears. By console standards I think it looks really good.

ekim

Eideka

Banned
Again : in this video we can see the PS3 version.

So ? Do you expect the 360 version to look worse or something ?

For fuck's sake the visuals differences between the PS3-360 versions have always been insignificant, (AssCreed one being a notable exception).
Ok, perhaps screen tearing issues aside but that's not going to show in screenshots very often.

Top Bottom