• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III |OT| Easier to read than Ratonhnhaké:ton

Or Desmond's' soul is living in the animus aka Subject 16. Strap Desmonds body to Animus 1 hook up another Animus, so that Desmond's Dad can use it to both find further clues to the precursor temples and help Desmond come back.

Did not think of that. You finished the game? I think the game bugged out for me and I lost some narrative stuff post-credits.

Linkified

Did not think of that. You finished the game? I think the game bugged out for me and I lost some narrative stuff post-credits.

I didn't play it watched a friend, who managed to get it early, do the last couple of the hours of the game. I have received a copy today, though.

Tadale

Oh wow, I ordered the game yesterday morning from Amazon for release day delivery, and apparently my order is out for delivery this morning. Hopefully I'll get to play today!

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Anyone has a comprehensive + - list in hand about the flaws and things they did right in this game?

SJRB

Gold Member
Someone should make a spoilers thread because even though people are spoiler tagging I feel like this thread is giving way too many clues away about the ending.

If you have had the good fortune to play the game early good for you, don't ruin in for everyone else by dropping hints about the ending.

For the love of Christ, this.

I requested this pages ago, the increase of spoiler tags is just a disaster waiting to happen.

I requested this pages ago, the increase of spoiler tags is just a disaster waiting to happen.

I don't like it that people are discussing twists and other things, if there is a twist I would rather discover it first hand instead of someone saying it occurs X number of hours in.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...

Someone should make a spoilers thread because even though people are spoiler tagging I feel like this thread is giving way too many clues away about the ending.

If you have had the good fortune to play the game early good for you, don't ruin in for everyone else by dropping hints about the ending.

How about you... simply create one?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=43249267&postcount=1

Look at how easy the first post in such a thread is. (Btw, this is the VLR spoiler thread, first post -
doesnt contain spoilers :p
)

SJRB

Gold Member
How about you... simply create one?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=43249267&postcount=1

Look at how easy the first post in such a thread is. (Btw, this is the VLR spoiler thread, first post -
doesnt contain spoilers :p
)

I would, but I would not be able to even enter and update my own thread until I finished the game myself which seems rather silly.

Makes more sense to me that someone who already finished the game makes one.

CrazyDude

Not sure if this has been asked already, but are any of the preorder bonuses available as day one DLC?

Not really, but if you go into gamestop and buy the game there, you will still get the preorder bonus they have. Same thing happened to me when I got AC2. I didn't preorder it, but I still managed to get the preorder bonus.

Andrew.

Banned
Not really, but if you go into gamestop and buy the gamer there, you will still get the preorder bonus they have. Same thing happened to me when I got AC2. I didn't preorder it, but I still managed to get the preorder bonus.

Ok well hopefully they'll still hook me up when I pick it up on Wednesday

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
irVv4QwUwCtUc.gif

i3udPXkZQRZtr.gif

iJnXMlAV5f13w.gif

iXMWJu05HKehi.gif

iK8qr3WfqDdXe.gif

Those are pure gold.

fernoca

Not sure if this has been asked already, but are any of the preorder bonuses available as day one DLC?
Most are offering preorder bonus, consisting basically of a mission/map and weapon. Best Buy, Amazon, Wal-Mart, Gamestop.

-Best Buy: "Ghost of War" single player mission; Pontiac's War Club (weapon).
-Amazon: Boarding Axe (weapon); The Captain Of The Aquila single-player costume
-Gamestop: "Lost Mayan Ruins" single player mission; Sawtooth Sword (weapon)*
-Wal-Mart: "A Dangerous Secret"single player mission; Flintlock Musket (weapon)*

*=First shipment copies, code is inside. Cover is labeled with the retailer's name.

d6dnt.jpg
ibcWJsDYBrmn6r.jpg

(The "4 exclusive missions" is part of all PS3 copies.)

Double D

Time to bail out of this thread. Reading this page alone has pretty much been my extent of looking into this game aside from trailers, and I'm pretty sure I already know the ending.

I've yet to play the game, but here is what I am gathering about the ending. Let's see if I'm right once I finally play it.
Desmond dies

Ahasverus

You do know throwing out numbers means jack shit without context right?

What does a 7 equal to in your scale? Is it 'good' 'mediocre' 'terrible'?
Good but flawed.! It was a good game and had a lot of good time with it, but of course its repetition was a pain.

I can't shake the feeling that this game is hiding /something/ from me, any of the guys that played it
know if the missions that this crazy man in the docks give you are worthy? I¿m curious

Wix

Here's some MP gameplay on the Animus map

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5LFxYTbiZw&feature=g-all-lik

Seems like they haven't really worked a lot on the MP since Revelations... Same animations, same sounds, same music. Only new maps and new bonuses. Then again, the MP in Rev was pretty good and well-received, so I didn't expect them to do huge changes. Hopefully they've done some under-the-hood stuff though, like improved matchmaking.

Marleyman

Banned
Here's some MP gameplay on the Animus map

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5LFxYTbiZw&feature=g-all-lik

Seems like they haven't really worked a lot on the MP since Revelations... Same animations, same sounds, same music. Only new maps and new bonuses. Then again, the MP in Rev was pretty good and well-received, so I didn't expect them to do huge changes. Hopefully they've done some under-the-hood stuff though, like improved matchmaking.

I really enjoyed the MP but it definitely could have used some work.

-Best Buy: "Ghost of War" single player mission; Pontiac's War Club (weapon).
-Amazon: Boarding Axe (weapon); The Captain Of The Aquila single-player costume
-Gamestop: "Lost Mayan Ruins" single player mission; Sawtooth Sword (weapon)*
-Wal-Mart: "A Dangerous Secret"single player mission; Flintlock Musket (weapon)*

*=First shipment copies, code is inside. Cover is labeled with the retailer's name.

I want me one hunnert DLC scalps. And I want my scalps.

In slasher's opinion I trust. Still hype.

LOL nice Brandon. Don't get me wrong, I think people that can't get through the first few sequences might find some disappointment, and I think the pacing could have been just a tad better with opening the game up to the player. I've felt like the game just got better as I went further. Also the glitches and such are much worse in town and much less prevent in the open forest frontier and the singular map missions as well. Due to the progress of the game it almost felt as if the game got more polished the further I got, but then when returning to the city, I just realized nope, a lot of the issues I had occur just tend to occur there moreso. Not sure if its due to all the people on screen that taxes the system or what.

FStop7

Banned
When are the embargoes up on reviews? Trying to decide if I should take advantage of Target's buy 2 get 1 free with NFS:MW, AC3, and AC:Liberation or hold off.

Anyone know if Ubiworkshop does next-day shipping for preorders in the US? I ordered on July 2nd, but it's still "awaiting fulfillment," kind of hoping to play tomorrow lol.

Ghost23

So I won't have my computer for a couple weeks, so I am considering buying the 360 version of AC3 instead of the PC. How much superior are the PC versions of AC? Should I just wait?

So I won't have my computer for a couple weeks, so I am considering buying the 360 version of AC3 instead of the PC. How much superior are the PC versions of AC? Should I just wait?

Well I played 1 and 2 on xbox and brotherhood and rev on PC.

PC one was also played on my TV with an xbox controller and gives you the following
- 1080P
- smoother frame rate
- more effects.

So if you like graphics and frame rates...... its a lot better.

Anyway its not out for a month on PC anyway.

Ghost23

Well I played 1 and 2 on xbox and brotherhood and rev on PC.

PC one was also played on my TV with an xbox controller and gives you the following
- 1080P
- smoother frame rate
- more effects.

So if you like graphics and frame rates...... its a lot better.

Anyway its not out for a month on PC anyway.

The thing is I'm not going to have anything to play for the next couple of weeks, so I might buy it for 360 just to have something to play, but if it's an obvious inferior version I'll hold out.

Eideka

Banned
The thing is I'm not going to have anything to play for the next couple of weeks, so I might buy it for 360 just to have something to play, but if it's an obvious inferior version I'll hold out.

Buy the 360 version. If you don't care about graphics at all there is no point waiting an extra month just to get DX11 and high-res textures.

TheOddOne

Shortly before the release of Assassin's Creed III this Wednesday has now been announced that the game has a mandatory install on the hard drive brings.

This includes about 4.5 gigabytes and is not optional. By installing should primarily benefit the performance of the game and the load times can be shortened.

Additionally, Ubisoft has released the first patch for the game, which is available when the game starts to download. What does the small 15MB update is not known.
For the PS3.

Sauce.

I am kinda torn between getting the special edition which comes with a A Dangerous Secret or the Join or Die edition which has lots of cool shit with it and a Ghost of War mission. Has anybody got the join or die version early who can post some impressions.

Top Bottom