• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III |OT| Easier to read than Ratonhnhaké:ton

Risgroo

My copy didn't arrive today :(. While it doesn't come out here until tomorrow, I usually get preorders a day or two earlier. Damn snow slowed the mail down I guess.

Carbonox

Anyone in the UK got their one? I ordered off Amazon and sometimes they're in a good mood and deliver a day before release (though this has only happened once to me).

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
So is it avalaible in the EU and USA PS Store already? Or did I read wrong?

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
AC3 is up too

Only in US Store? Or also EU?

Not that it matters that much for me. But I am asking it for the languagues. I recently downloaded Counter Strike from the USA store, and it had a Dutch language option for the menu's.

Quite cool, but I suppose that's not the case with every game.

Not that it matters that much for me. But I am asking it for the languagues. I recently downloaded Counter Strike from the USA store, and it had a Dutch language option for the menu's.

In the US, dont know about europe

Data Ghost

Mine wont be here until tomorrow.

Not many impressions from the people who have it already............Im hoping thats a good thing!

Sai-kun

Banned
god this game feels terrible at actually accepting button inputs

what the fuck

seriously main character just pull out your fucking gun it's not that hard

i hate you

Is anyone going to the Game Birmingham Bull Ring midnight launch? It's my first midnight launch since RE5.
I'll be a mixed raced guy wearing a Black and White Batman t shirt and Black and Yellow Adidas so come and say hi.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Scheduled Delivery:
Friday, 11/02/2012, By End of Day

WTF‽
I really hope they are over estimating how long it will take them to deliver this thing.

Razorskin

----- ------

You were able to do a preload in EU so yes it's up.

RPGCrazied

Anyone have the PS3 version early can say if it screen tears? This would be my first AC game if it doesn't. It's an all new story? I hope it has flashbacks or whatever to help the player that is new to AC.

I tried playing the older AC games, but they ran like shit on the PS3. At least 1 and 2 did.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
WTF‽
I really hope they are over estimating how long it will take them to deliver this thing.

I was supposed to have ACIII, Liberation, and Ragnarok Odyssey delivered today. Got notified of shipping delays by Amazon early this morning. Weird since I don't live in a state affected by the storm and the games shouldn't be coming from that area either.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
I was supposed to have ACIII, Liberation, and Ragnarok Odyssey delivered today. Got notified of shipping delays by Amazon early this morning. Weird since I don't live in a state affected by the storm and the games shouldn't be coming from that area either.

I live on a continent not affected by the storm.

Ken

Was at Gamestop and there was a huge line buying Assassin's Creed 3 at like 7 PM October 30th so I guess this game will sell well.

The Lamp

Anyone have the PS3 version early can say if it screen tears? This would be my first AC game if it doesn't. It's an all new story? I hope it has flashbacks or whatever to help the player that is new to AC.

I tried playing the older AC games, but they ran like shit on the PS3. At least 1 and 2 did.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/10/2...+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Watch this short yet detailed video that recaps the plotline of the entire series for you.

I would read up on the story first. The conner story will be new but the overall story of desmond and whats going on and why is kinda important.

Sillverrr

There's no screen tearing on the PS3 version, at least insofar as I have gotten (first entry into frontier, haven't played game at all today).

However, the frame rate in Boston is pretty damn awful... riding a horse through the streets is painful. As expected, the frontier fares much better. I should have lowered my expectations before jumping in, but on this occasion I thought the PS3 version might be on par with Xbox 360 (maybe it is; more impressions will tell us). Think Resident Evil 6 levels of choppiness - playable but disappointing.

Still playable, but a big part of me already wishes I'd held out for the PC port. Even if it's bare-bones, the sheer grunt of most configs will raise this game to the next level.

The Lamp

There's no screen tearing on the PS3 version, at least insofar as I have gotten (first entry into frontier, haven't played game at all today).

However, the frame rate in Boston is pretty damn awful... riding a horse through the streets is painful. As expected, the frontier fares much better. I should have lowered my expectations before jumping in, but on this occasion I thought the PS3 version might be on par with Xbox 360 (maybe it is; more impressions will tell us). Think Resident Evil 6 levels of choppiness - playable but disappointing.

Still playable, but a big part of me already wishes I'd held out for the PC port. Even if it's bare-bones, the sheer grunt of most configs will raise this game to the next level.

Makes me feel better about waiting until the PC port. I can do it.....I have lots of tests to keep me busy until then lol.

RPGCrazied

Thanks. Sounds okay to me. I can't stand tearing, but I can stand a low framerate if I have to.

BearPawB

Banned
I didn't make it too far in last night.
It is definitely a slow starter, and not in a bad way.
I can tell it is building to something, and i can't see where it goes.

It is not about "holding your hand", they just want to use the start of the game to tell an extremely focused narrative.

rataven

Whew, my Amazon order is out for delivery. Wasn't sure it'd make it today due to the weather. Just a few short hours more......

confuziz

Banned
Guys I remember somebody here posted a youtube clip that sort of showed the whole story of AC so far. It's not for me, but someone I know is interested in AC3 but cba to buy all the games. Do you know which one??

Guys I remember somebody here posted a youtube clip that sort of showed the whole story of AC so far. It's not for me, but someone I know is interested in AC3 but cba to buy all the games. Do you know which one??

IGN did one a couple of days ago. Assasssins creed in 5 mins i think its called. the video is over 7 mins long so as usual IGN got the details wrong lol. Its on there site. Just keep scrolling down there news feed and you should find it after a while. Its pretty handy but says some things that havn't technically been confirmed yet and just assumes them.

edit.
NM see above.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals

Valid question. It seems like yes since many of the bigger games have been sharable ever since Sony went to the 2 activation (instead of 5) system.

I know most of my big games are even though no one really wants to play them outside of my account.

Top Bottom